Troll ball? Anyone know anything of this?

For discussion of Elfball, Dreadball, Deathball, Grind and all other fantasy football games

Moderator: TFF Mods

Tarkan
Rookie
Rookie

Troll ball? Anyone know anything of this?

Post by Tarkan »

So I remember once way back when, playing a demo game of a game called "Troll ball".

It was based in the world of Glorantha (Chaosiums roleplaying game Runequest) and the story of the game was that
the game on the field was in a way a "live action board game" played by trolls on the sidelines, who much like BB players are moving/order their players to do this or that and that the ball was also alive (A Trollkin, a sub race in Glorantha).
I played it at Goth-Con (Gothenburg, Sweden) so it could have been a home made game also, as I know there where some pretty hardcore RQ3 people around that con.
So any information available would be great!

Reason: ''
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Troll ball? Anyone know anything of this?

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Whenever I am looking for information on a game I check out Boardgamegeek.com. Here is the link for Trollball:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/ ... -fair-game

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

The rules were in the Troll expansion for RQ2 published sometime in the early 80's (pre 83 when I had a copy) now sadly long out of print.

I remember nothing except that the blockers carried 2 shields and it worked on a % system. Oh that and the ball was a trollkin who moved each turn until he was dead. Once dead he was replaced next drive by a new one.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Was called Trollpak and there is one on Amazon at $79. A lot for a game. thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.