Ulthuan United - my first foray with a true agility team

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Ulthuan United - my first foray with a true agility team

Post by celticgriffon »

Hey everyone,

I have decided to try my hand at an agility team in our league this year. Prince Veng-yr of Eataine is our Lord (coach). Our team is the mighty Ulthuan United.

I feel it will provide me with a whole new perspective on the game and give me many new skillsets.

Wish me luck. I can't wait to add to the blog throughout the campaign season.

Michael

Reason: ''
If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ulthuan United - my first foray with a true agility team

Post by celticgriffon »

Our Lord has Arrived
Finally, after a long, arduous journey over the Great Ocean Pacific, our coach has arrived.

Hail Prince Veng-yr of Eataine! Under your command the High Elves of Ulthuan will bring glory and grace to these cold wastes of Saskatch-y-wan!

Our lord has brought knowledge and skills from the annals of the Pheonix King. We are armed with wisdom and charms from the crone, Morai-Heg.

We will not fail. We are the true defenders against Chaos, Death and those foul elves of darkness. We now march to war in a display never before seen in this forsaken land. Prepare to meet your fate teams of the RFBBL. Prepare to witness grace like you have never possibly imagined.

~Prince Veng-yr of Eataine

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Game 2: Ulthuan United / High Elves (1) vs Gooby Skabbers / Underworld (2)

Match notes:
Woe to you - foul goblins and rat beasts. How dare you scar the kin of the chosen?

Our armour failed to hold tonight. Scale was splintered and our chain mail fell to pieces. Our helmets were completely inadequate. We would fall and become KO'd.

Woe to this dry weather inside this dirty, flat province. Saskatchy-wan is not at all like our beautiful Ulthuan homeland.

To pour salt in our wounds that hideous drooling she-troll kept trying to snuggle with the boys. It was horrible. We tried to get away but it kept pulling us closer.

Closer. Closer. Closer. Ever closer. And then it's foul breath and hideous teeth would close upon our muscular frame. It was like a nightmare similar to those stories by that occult priest, Luv-kraft.

On a positive note we gave it a good run. Our dear brother Kalyn Whyt-Griffon will receive full military honours. He fought well. He will be missed.

Today we have learned many lessons. Our Weapon Masters back home are already engineering new uniforms..

Our next game will be very different. The might of Ulthuan will soon be un-leashed.

Prince Veng-yr of Eataine

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Game 3: Misty Mountain Revengers / Dwarf (0) vs Ulthan United (2)

Today is a day of celebration. Rejoice, all ye Noble Elves of the New World. Today is a day in which we defeated the stubborn dwarves of the MIsty Mountains.

We opened the game with a well placed kick. The little one's tried a push against our right flank. They were able to burn up the clock for most of the first half.

But then, out of the skies a giant blaze of fire and rage appeared. Two dwarves dropped to the ground in panic. Another two felt the burning embers. They stopped, dropped and rolled just like the lore of Nuffle advised. A final dwarf felt the wrath of fire and ash. He was carried off in the RFBBL stretchers.

The fire was a prophecy from the heavens. It was foretold on our team emblem. Fire shall come from above when our opponents are least expecting. Fire will aid us in our dominance of the Flatland Cup.

As the dwarves scrambled Ul-Ulyn Hightower scooped the ball. A quick dodge, a few paces, and a perfect throw was delivered to Magyz Spellweavyr. Magyz performed a quick shove and a slight push and the goal was ours.

The dwarf fans became unreasonable. They started a massive riot delaying the clock.

The dwarves would have a few minutes to tie the game. Again, they pushed hard on their right flank. I looked into the stands and saw a massive ogre tossing something onto the field. I couldn't make it out. Was it a bird? Was it a plane? Was it a goblin with a ball and chain? The crazed green lunatic smashed anything in site. And then he seemed to slump over in a heap as his energy was spent.

With only seconds remaining a single dwarf could score. Feeling the distance much too heavy he instead pushed us to the ground. The whistle blew ending the half.

In the second half the dwarfs failed to press our position. With some boredom we tossed the ball around eager to escape their hunt. A few minutes later we pressed another goal.

The fans could not believe their eyes. They stormed the Field of Evraz. Three of our warriors fell. Four dwarves were stunned as well.

The dwarves recovered a deep kick and formed a cage. We tried to hold them as best we could. They tossed the ball to the right of the catcher. This little one jumped higher than I have ever seen a dwarf jump. Something, seemed amiss.

Only one blocker remained, our star Arryn Draon-Hayrt. The dwarf hesitated. Should he hit us in a mighty blitz or just dodge around our valiant warrior?

The sneaky dwarf also had something in his hand. He was balancing it in his large palm. It smelled of custard and cream. He thought about throwing it in Arryn's face.

Arryn sneered. The dwarf looked at the delicious delicacy. This was a pie that could not be wasted. "Why should an elf get to part-take in this wonderful treat?" he must have thought. Perhaps this act violated the silly book of grudges they carry?

Enraged the dwarf tried to knock Arryn down. A difficult feat at the best of times most would say. Even more so with a pie and a football in hands. Ready for the blow Arryn ducked. He held his ground.

Moments later the whistle blew. Total victory would be ours.

After the match I saw a dwarf handing money to the referee. Our journeyman was immediately awarded with Player of the Game. Gold will wreck all integrity. I will remember that referee. These events will not be forgotten.

Glorious victory. Our boys were ready for this battle. It is now time to feast in celebration. We simply must get those Eerty Nemegols to make us some of that wonderful custard pie. They will go quite spendid with some Merlot and that roast beast.

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Custard Pie

I am stumped. Please do tell. This is the second match in a row where our opponents have been seen eating custard pie immediately after.

They even snuck it onto the field. But instead of throwing it in our face they could not resist. They could not waste a single crumb.

Are we all missing something here? Is custard pie really that good?

My favourite was always chocolate pie. Or flapper pie. Or saskatoon berry pie.

For the love of Caldor. Does anyone know which bakery we should order from?

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Tonight we faced the most venerated team in the RFBBL - The Walkers.

Our fans came out in full force tonight but we were still outnumbered more than double.

This team can hit hard. We were still in high spirits before the match. And then...

Two players, Zara the Slayer and Eldril Sidewinder, appeared outside our locker rooms. Everyone rejoiced. What good fortune I thought.

We opened our game with a fabulous deep kick. Two hooligans from the crowd chucked large rocks onto the field. Say-Lyon was stunned. The second rock hit a player from the other team hard. His face splattered all over the field. There was no possible way that player would stand again I mused. Again, fortune is with us. To our horror the hideous monster slowly got back to his feet tweaking his head to an unholy angle. Curse those foul beings. The dead should rest in peace.

A few seconds later Eldril spotted a tiny opening in our opponents line. Disaster. As he peeled away from a mummy he tripped on a small root on the field. Seconds later his personal trainer and doctor were carrying him off the field. What bad luck I thought.

If Eldril didn't want to play tonight he shouldn't have showed up. Every player on my team gives 260% every shift. Who does this "star" think he is? If he ever shows up again he better damn well do something spectacular or I am gonna give him a swift kick in the ass.

The Walkers casually gained possession of the ball and made their slow march down field. As normal, they maimed and grabbed us. The zombies kept slavering and the ghouls were zig-zagging all over the place. Twice we called on our extra apothecaries to prevent long term injuries. It was a bit of a bloodbath. And not the kind of bath I enjoy. As the half time whistle blew they were unable to score.

As they kicked to us in the second half the trash talk started. Soon players from both sides were involved as a mini-riot broke. Fortunately nobody was hurt.

We knew we had to act fast. I motioned to send runners down the field in different directions. The ball was flipped to Ul-Ulyn and he moved into a loose pocket. Arryn Dragon-Hayrt was marked and our rookie catcher, Quyk Aetharlyt was near the end zone.

Sensing danger, The Walkers blitzed Quyk but he kept his legs. Ul-Ulyn threw the ball to Van-Gyll. Van-Gyll ran as fast as his bad leg would carry him and tried to hand it off to Quyk. I don't know what Quyk was thinking at that moment. First game and a TD just a few yards away. Perhaps he saw a cutie in the stands. WHATEVER. He certainly didn't catch the hand-off. And he is gonna be training like no tomorrow tomorrow if he wants to stay on my team.

The Walkers now had the ball surrounded. A ghoul raced down the field to ensure we couldn't pick up the ball. But in his excitement he slipped. Certainly not with grace, but I would still give it a 5.5/10. Sensing an opportunity, with the last of his strength, Van-Gyll got up, scooped the ball, made a few dodges, and slammed a TD! Now this is a player, folks. Grit. Guts. Determination against all odds!!!

We were now down a few players but we were up a score. And that is what matters in the end.

The Walkers received the next kick and formed a tight cage in the middle of the field. They smashed up Arryn pretty good. He will be out for a game or two, but our healers state he will be as good as new without any long-term effects.

Zara lined up a block against a random Ghoul hugging the sidelines. What came next will live in my memory forever. As she was winding up the Ghoul poked her in the eye. She dropped like a rock. Our spirit dropped.

At the beginning of this match we were so excited to gain the support of two beloved "Star Players". And lo and behold, they both failed us.

In desperation I gave the nod to our Magus. He launched fire and brimstone from the heavens straight onto the field. Flames wreathed the cage of the Walkers. But to my dismay only one zombie fell. The ball carrier and those foul mummies didn't even know what hit them. Literally. The Walkers quickly rushed our endzone and scored. To further insult us it was the player who poked Zara's eye.

At that moment the referee's decided to leave. They just walked off the field. We should have launched the fireball against them perhaps?

We have already filed a complaint with the League. I don't know what all this nonsense is... but something is afoul. I believe Eldril and Zara were bought. And, of course, the ref's were bought as well. Aren't they paid a good wage to keep the unlawful in order? It certainly reeks of rotten flesh.

I ordered our boys to take out Deadwood. I had a tip someone from North Central might pay a little extra if he drops for good. So we did our best but couldn't tear him to shreds.

And soon after the final whistle blew.

This game should have been ours. Oh well. A tie is better than a loss.

Next game we will pick up our shoes and get back to playing Blood Bowl the true and narrow way - the High Elven way! Long live Ulthuan United!

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Relax Boys - Relax!

Another disturbing pattern.. Not once, not twice, but three times tonight (and once last night) my players think things through, make the correct play, and utilize short bursts of energy. But a moment later, a bouncing ball comes along and they scramble like a warpstone wildling trying to snare the road runner. And with the sharp wit and foresight we posess we seldom fail.

"Yes, but now I have the ball", my inexperienced team might say.

But the end result is the same. In the next moment my player with the ball is out of breath and everything goes to the pit.

Relax boys - relax. We don't always need to rush things. Make your play and then exhale. Let your teammate pick it up while you plan your next move. Patience pays. Some say it is a virtue.

- Prince Veng-yr of Eataine

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

This may have been one of the most dismal matches of Blood Bowl in the history of the sport.

Before the match they are so courteous. They invite us over to their sideline which is nothing shy of a mini-bakery. Try this. Sample this. "How do you like this pastry here?" "It has a hint of meringue." "I heard you boys like Custard Pie."

Our punches were pillows. Our dodges were clumsy. Our positioning was atrocious.

Magyz should have never threw the ball when he did. Who throws a ball in the middle of the field with no protection? Mr. Show-off does, I guess... At least he will be sitting out next match to think about his role on my team. Just because you can toss a quick pass and do a double back-flip at the same time doesn't mean you can toss a long pass, pal. Frickin' Meatball.

If he would have waited a few seconds more for Ul-Ulyn to get up from that blow we would have had a fighting chance. Instead he drops the ball and gets sacked a second later. One mess to another...

That damn stunty, Bull Smurf, was outplaying us to no end. To think... A halfling. A hobbit. A sandwich maker showing up a High Elf? If the guys back home hear about this atrocity I might have to join the Shadowblades.

On a positive note we have now recruited another catcher. This one is of Noble birth and I have great expectations.

Because LET ME TELL YOU if this ship doesn't turn around immediately I just might hire that Halfling and drop these clowns.

Good Grief. We lost to a bunch of half-wits. We scored a loss to the Eerty Sandwich makers. And they didn't even tell us that custard pie recipe on the way out. I will never hear the end of this. I may have to go into exile.

(A very pissed off...) ~Prince Veng-yr of Eataine

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Game 7: The Eye / Orc (0) vs. Ulthuan United / High Elves (1)

Finally a win. And it wasn't much of one at that. But we will take it just the same after that atrocious match vs the sandwich makers.

It was good to see our palm olive dish pan hands were shared with the orcs this match.

Once again, the opening kick-off took place without a referee in sight. Coincidence? Hardly. Perhaps next game we will bring in our Swordmasters to enforce the Way.

But you must seek the crystal lining in every situation. At least we could cleverly place a graceful boot in an orc mug!

In our first few plays we continued to be plagued by our maneuverability. Twice an orc got his hand on us and caused us to trip. Maybe more than trip. Ouch!! Our healer was not able to correct that broken back. I think Kryss-Stava will live with that blow till the end of his days. But thankfully our healer prevented a death less than a few minutes later.

At least this game we were able to maintain a solid defense. We positioned well to slow the orc assault. In the final few seconds of the Alpha Half the orcs started chanting. "Ere we go, Ere we go I think they said. The giant troll looked down and took a swing. Finally! A masterful dodge timed to perfection. And down he went as the half ended.

In the Omega Half we quickly zipped down the field. Orcs were flailing all over themselves trying to get in our way. We kept zig-zagging, ducking and weaving to stay out of their way. Finally Ul-Ulyn Hightower ran up field, threw a perfect pass to Quyk and we were up a Score.

Once again we kept our wits and patience and slowed the orc advance. We blitzed the ball at every reasonable opening. We were brave and full of zeal today despite our early clumsiness. I am proud of the blitz attacks we made.

After our match Van-Gyll stated he will be creating a new set of training exercises to help us avoid future tackles. The cold weather has started to fade slightly and the sun is bright.

We look forward to our next foe.

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Game 8: Zorbug's Best Basha's / Orc (1) vs Ulthan United (1)

To hell with this cursed land named Saskach-y-wan.

May all the orcs of this evil wasteland rot in a fiery magma of sludge and darkness.

To bulk out our team we were blessed to have the Brothers Sray-vien join the game. Both are accomplished catchers back home, although I see other potential in them.

We lost the coin toss and the foul being they called Zorbug elected to kick.

"Good tidings", I thought. "We shall be up a score in minutes."

As we were getting ready their kicker started chanting and twirling. And flopping. I had to avert my eyes from the lack of co-ordination. He looked like a be-headed roost-ier. He tapped the ball with the force of a butterfly and it went straight into the sky. There was no way that kick would make it to our side of the field.

Our team began to laugh at the gong show before us. But in the very next moment disaster. The Orcs started attacking us immediately. They crowded the line and even rushed our side of the field. Their kick went not a pace from the line of scrimmage and touched nigh a furman into our half. To make matters worse, a cage of three of those foul greenskins were surrounding the ball.

This game will be different I mused. We have toiled hard on the field in preparation for this war.

And then disaster. We opened our game as we have every game so far this season. Disaster after disaster. As we attempted to scramble into position an Orc stuck out his boot and our player landed hard on the turf.

Seizing our misfortune, the orcs pushed us deep into our territory. They continued to gouge and spit and stomp as they slowly paced their way into our zone.

We tried to fight back. We would have three elves surround one of these lesser beings and disaster. Disaster after disaster after disaster. As we went for the tackle we fell. It seemed our legs were heavy and weary from our last match against the horrible green eye.

We continued to stumble and continued to be pushed like an unwilling wolf-hound on a leash. Our men tried to hold their ground but we were quickly losing players. Knockout after knockout. In the final seconds of the half they were finally able to make a break through our line and we were down a score.

A new half means a new start. "There shall be no more disasters", I told my kin.

As the second half started the stadium erupted into cheering. We listened for the soothing words of our ancestral tongue. We needed a distant blessing. Surely, our Gods must hear our plea. Our Gods must show this hellish place how true Noble Elves play football. Instead, all we heard was gibberish and gruff. Our hearts felt heavy.

Our kick stayed in bounds and landed near their thrower. Immediately Storm Tallstryde fell to the ground. He would need special assistance after this match. Again, the orcs immediately began their march up field.

Their cage was secure. "They have practiced this march many, many times", I thought. We must be patient and wait for our moment to strike.

We had one hope. Magyz launched into the fray. He scooped the ball and walked out of their cage with brilliant authority. He handed the ball to Ul-Ulyn and it was a perfect pass. It fell gently into Thess-y-lar Nobleborn's hands. The match was now tied.

We lined up for another kick and this time it went heavy. The referee's awarded one of their blitzers the ball. This blitzer looked not all that much different than the rest of their team. How orcs tell themselves apart I will never know. Filth. That is what orcs are.

Yet again, they practiced their "cage" play. "How boring", I thought. Every team tries the same thing every game. "I guess it would be hard to teach such beings much more than this", I spoke sagely to myself.

Zylver thought it was his moment. He went into their cage in an attempt to bust the ball free. The orcs stood their ground as if they were guarding their last meal. Zylver fell heavy. For a few minutes he did not respond. Disaster after disaster after disaster. Our healers cried out for grace. Zylver could not be leaving this world yet. Finally his pulse returned. His collar bone had been fractured and he would never retain the strength he once possessed.

Oh my woe. What have we done to displease the heavens. They must still be angry for our horrible match against the sand-wich makers. Will they every forget our inequity?

I will likely need to send Zylver back on the next ship home. Or perhaps he can join my coaching staff in a few months.

The High Mages of Ulthan, watching from afar, had seen enough. The air made a resounding crack. Once again fire and brimstone rained hard from the sky. It burned deep and true into the cage where Zylver had been seconds before. The greenskin carrying the ball was hurt. He seemed twisted and distorted. But I later learned their evil magic had saved the creature from certain death

A few minutes later two of their players began a rampage. The fans started chanting, "Da Real Stuff and Comes Da Boom" over and over. "What ugly words", I cringed. And disaster. Ul-Ulyn fell. Next Quyk Aetharlyt fell. And like his peer, Kryss-Stava, he would now be living with an injury for life.

Heavy I am right now. Two of our quickest players now have injuries for life. Woe to me. Woe to all of Elvenkind.

With only a few players remaining on the field we pressed hard. We were not going to lose this game. Not after the evil which had befallen us.

We surrounded the ball as best we could. Their blitzer and thrower looked at each other both unsure who should go in and get it. The foul creature they called "green hand scoot" went in. He tried to gather the ball but Arryn Dragon-Hayrt screamed, "Not this time foul orc scum." Immediately the foul orc dropped the ball. And in the dying seconds of the game we attempted to retaliate one final time. But their armour held fast.

Finally the Omega whistle blew. And a wave of grief overcame me.

We fought hard today. The orcs got the best of us tonight. Our bodies are battered and weary. We will need much rest to recover. In fact, our next match will be our toughest so far. Three of us will be in the healing sanctuary. Zylver will need to be let go from our team. His injuries are too great and we need a Blitzer with full strength. I am hoping one of the Brothers Sray-vien will take his stead.

But we are fighters. We will never stop the hunt. We will continue to press our authority over these lesser beings of this "green" province. We are the rightful masters of this accursed swamp.

We are the High Elves of Ulthuan. We are Ulthuan United.

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Game 9: Biggar Badmen / Necromantic (1) vs Ulthuan United / High Elves (2)
A perspective from the other side (as written by the other coach)

Kevin Where Art Thou?
Our game against the Elves was a tough one. We thought our experience with the little people would in part prepare us for the equally elusive pointy eared menaces but these undead boneheads aren't that quick to catch on.

I was hopeful on the opening drive when we got the ball away from them, that we could capitalize but they are fast to close the gap and lets face it, zombies don't sprint. We did catch a break when one of them mercenary fellers tripped just before the end zone and ol' Rip ran back to recover it but the elves closed fast and dropped him.

We got a possession in the first half but when the Wight went to lend support to Rip, the damned bone head tripped over his... bones. I tell ya, them elves don't mess around when the passing game is involved, they grabbed that thing and tossed it out of danger before a zombie could moan. So after the first half we are down two. At the very least our star player not wielding a chainsaw is making his presence known.. haha.

Hear comes the question... who left the locker room exit open?? Zombies without a baby sitter tend to wander into strange places and I don't know where Kevin is but I do know he walked out of the locker room and nobody has seen him since. I spoke with our sponsors and I'm currently raising some funds to have these simpletons tagged or at the very least collared. If you've seen Kevin, send him back home... the other morons miss him.

Second half.. there was a lot of smack down laid out. Them point eared fellers may be fast and hard to hit, but when you get a hit in with a big guy, that tends to lay them out. KO's galore and we even wounded one of them. We may not have their shiny armour but my boys don't feel pain... actually not sure if they feel anything... can't really ask them either. But we were able to thin the herd and of course Rip ran one back to get the game closer but its still a loss.

Kevin when I find you, I'm chaining you to one of the fleshies.
- Cleon Salmon / Head Coach Biggar Badmen

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Game 10: Maximus' Marauders / Human (0) vs Ulthuan United / High Elves (3)

Ulthuan United has been putting our reps in. Hard work. Lots of games. Lots of practice. Lots of healthy eating and no tolerance for supplements such as Booz-t and other such nonsense.

Tonight the sky was filled with dark and dreary rain clouds. We hoped they would hold. The boys get a bit bent when their ancient armour gets tarnished from the damp.

I was pretty excited to play tonight. Humans. Finally a worthy foe. Finally a foe we could look at without averting our eyes. They still had a stench but thankfully nothing close to those orcs, or undead, or heaven forbid those nurgle beasts.

We heard that the Marauders haven't yet played very many games to date. Mikus formed his team in the excitement of the pre-season buzz. Kudos to Mikus for meeting our challenge.

After (yet another) riot the game finally was under way. Just like clockwork. Every second match leads with something crazy.

The Marauders grabbed the ball and made their way up-field. They formed a loose cage but their eagerness to get some hits on us left their players out of position.

Sensing an opening we pressed forward. It was beautiful really. I looked up and gave a nod. Down went their ball carrier. Swoosh went the ball into our open arms. A quick throw and we were up a score. Again it was Magyz making things look easy.

After a quick pep talk the clouds exploded. I have seen heavy rain before but this was absurd. Torrents. The field was overwhelmed. It was a swamp. Well duh. Regina is a swamp. But this was swampy to the Nth degree. Potholes had formed and ruts were omnipresent.

I thought everyone would leave the stadium as the sky continued to pour buckets of water. But these Saskatch-y-wan fans are something else. Rain, snow, blizzard, sweltering heat. They stay til the end. Now that is dedication. Perhaps they thought it would turn into beer or better, wine!

Our kick went deep and again they were eager to knock us down putting their players out of position. They went to grab the ball but the rain made it extremely difficult.

Again, sensing a stumble we pounced. We dodged and weaved and within a few moments again we scored. This time Arryn made the play.

As the second half began the rain stopped. But what a mess the field was.

We received the kick and made our way up field. Tess-y-lar grabbed the ball and pitched it to Ul-Ulyn. Although the water had thrown us off-kilter we continued the plan. Focus on the ball. Always. We again formed a loose cage and pressed forward.

Ul-Ulyn had the ball and lots of room. He could go left or right. The pass was shorter to the left but our receiver was more open to the right. He had to make a decision. And when in doubt you can go either way. He went left. That is how a superstar does it. Make the best play you can with all of your gusto. If your team-mate is also a superstar he will do just as well.

Up he scooted and launched the throw. I have seen lightning bolts less accurate. One of the Marauders reached out trying to intercept. Hilarious. He landed face down in a pool of water. After watching that throw I realize how badly we missed Ul-Ulyn last game. HIs throw was perfection. All we needed to do was catch the damn thing. Quyk had one human all over him. He tried to stave off the defender but ultimately missed the catch.

And this is when the chaos started.

The Marauders went for the ball. Out it would slip into a pile of mud. We would grab the ball. Out it would slip into a pool of water. This continued for a few minutes. Grab. Slip. Slip. Grab. Slide. Sploosh.

There wasn't much time remaining. Arryn Dragon-Hayrt was able to push their catcher into the crowd. Thankfully for their catcher almost everyone was huddled under any shelter they could find. As such, the crowd was pretty placid tonight. Not as eager to get their jabs in.

A few seconds later Quyk Aetharlyt was given a good thump by one of their blitzers. He would be ok for next match.

Enough was enough. Finally Tu-Nayla was able to block away the last remaining Marauder near the ball. This gave Kryss-Stava his chance to scoop the ball. He weaved his way through the remaining field and scored.

There was only a few seconds remaining in regulation time. We kicked the ball out of bounds and the fans stormed the field.

Every game it seems their is a riot or a pitch invasion. This game both. Of course... I guess when you play in a city filled with Goblins and Humans they aren't going to be too happy to see their team go down by three.

Thankfully our fans outnumbered the opponents tonight so the invasion didn't get too ugly on our end. In retaliation the Marauders blocked Keelan to the ground and then they went in for a blatant foul. But his wet armour held. And like usual the referees didn't care.

And so the match ended.

Tonight will be a night of rejoicing. Already our play is leaps ahead of where it was at the beginning of the year. Our blocks tonight we powerful and swift. We hit them at the right moment and in the right places.

Now we must get some rest before our match tomorrow afternoon vs them damn lizards. They might be in their glory if the grounds crew can't get the field dried out before then. I might even pay a bit extra just to be sure.

Favour was with us tonight, just as it should be every night. Our quest for dominance is finally begun. Hail Elvenkind. Hail Ulthuan United.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Thanks for posting these!

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Thanks for reading them, Rolo and everyone!! It is nice to get a bit of feedback here and there.

Cheers,
Michael

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Game 11: Dino-Mite / Lizardmen (0) vs Ulthuan United / High Elves (4)

Always go with your gut instinct. Elven instinct is worth more than the deepest diamond. It is a gift the other races of the world only wish they could possess. At least, that is what the seers of Ulthuan have instilled in me since birth.

It was good intuition we paid the Grounds Keeping crew a bit extra last night. They had the field properly drained and raked. No more potholes. No more garbage and rocks littering the pitch. No more swampy turf. Sure the grass was bare in spots but we could live with that.

In a complete reversal from the game before the sun was out full force. In fact it was so bright I was slightly concerned it could possibly hamper our strong passing game. As we entered the field from the dugout we could see a sea of white, red and blue. Our fans were everywhere it seemed and the effect on my players was profound.

We won the coin toss and elected to kick. The ball went deep and in a nice change of pace their wasn’t a riot. In an even nicer change of pace the refs didn’t bail mid-game either. Blessed are the sons of Ulthuan.

It was my understanding that our opponents were pretty fresh to the game. Dino-Mite is a new team led by a new coach. I dislike the look of lizard-kind. Walking lizards give me the chills. Alas, I will keep it brief as my memory is somewhat hazy. The whirlwind of all our matches the past week has made my head spin. Our pace was furious. Our dodges were solid. Our hits accurate. Our passing was flawless.

Our defense was brilliant today. We were able to turn the ball over three times and this time we didn’t all pile onto the loose ball simultaneously. Mid way through the game the sun let up a bit allowing us to pass with absolute impunity.

Our game plan was simple. In my opinion, the key to any lizard team is their skinks. Yes, their saurus and krox are tough. But we should be able to avoid them for the most part. If we could pick apart their only real potential for ball handling we should be able to control the game. And for the most part it happened exactly as planned.

Skink after skink fell to the ground. Or even better they had their bell rung!

Our counter-magic was impeccable. Of course it was. High Elf magic is the most devastating fabric in the world. We had a feeling they may try to fireball or bolt us at some point during the game. Alas, we were correct. Although the flames touched down on two of our players they were not harmed. In fact they even held their footing!

Today was a total team effort. Four scores by four different players. Six completions by four different players. Finally, four casualties by two different players (and a lucky break).

Saturday night I let the boys get a little wild. My head is still hurting to be honest. That milk stout is certainly not like the wine back home. It lingers.

I am sure our next match vs Dino-Mite will not go so easy. Once their coach, Entropis, figures out a few things they will indeed be a much tougher foe.

We now await our next challenge. We are playing the best Blood Bowl we have since travelling to this swampy land.

The Forces of Light are in our favour. It can be no other way. Good will always prevail.

We are the sons of Ulthuan and we will not fail.