Frogboy on Tour

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Frogboy on Tour

Post by frogboy »

Frogboy's green fist tightly gripped the worn leather purse bulging with Gold as he kicked the bar door open and strode out onto the damp wooden sidewalk, his bare feet slapped on the hard surface as he quickly made his way from the Hungry Blodger, an old Tavern on the edge of town notorious for housing washed up coaches and old disabled players trying to relive their glory days. The small green creature had a grin the size of a Cheshesquire cat illuminating his face. He'd been a coach 'back in the day' but circumstances had taken an ugly turn for the worse when his team had lost the will to live, quite literally. He had left the tournament in Sylvania with nothing, only the colour of his skin had saved him from becoming one of the Undead too, or maybe it was the pungent BO he wore in times of distress wafting from his armpits that had put the Vampires off.

Frogboy had spent the last decade unsuccessfully trying to earn enough Gold to start a new team when finally Nuffle blessed him in the tavern this afternoon. During a brawl which had broken out between two Dwarfs and a Orc over a game of Black Jack, The small green creature sneaked between the fighting and cleverly relieved the players of their hard won winnings.

"There it is ! OH STOP YA UGLY LITTLE GREEN GIT !"

The players were outside and screaming now after realising that their Gold had been stolen, Frogboy who was already at the corner didn't look back, he hopped off down a side alley and towards a dream he had been having ever since being a tadpole but first he would need to find another team to manage...

Christmas is coming and once Santas Icy grip has left our poor wallets alone for another year I'll be looking at getting my lazy carcass out to some Tournaments but I'm not sure which team to start with, I've got Humans, Halflings, Elves of some description and as of last night Chaos. So what to do, what to paint first ? So many decisions...

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Frogboy on Tour

Post by frogboy »

Blogs are always better with a few photos init !

So built me a Chaos team, forgot they don't have Ogres Doh ! Check it out...

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

See, being old enough to remember when Chaos had access to Ogres I'd have no issue with you using that figure against me as a "counts as" Minotaur:
a) It's got Horns
b) Chaos can only have one Big Guy (the Mino), and you only have one Big Guy figure on your team, so therefore it's a Mino.

I have the same feeling about people using the old-style (awesome) Citadel beastmen with the various animal heads - yeah, the moel may not have horns, but the player type they're representing does, so they have Horns.

(But then I'm using an old Keeper of Secrets as my Minotaur, so Imay be a little biased.)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Thanks Darkson yeah I'm sure I wasn't going mad thinking Chaos used to have a choice of one of three big guys, maybe I'm getting confused (not hard). Think there may be a Chaos Pact team in the pipe line anyway, I just love horny monsters :orc:

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Looks good, old skool plastic chaos warriors and all..! :)

I was thinking: Humans could work, they'd side with someone who has enough money. Halflings? They'd probably cook him, mistaking him for a big frog and all. Chaos too, but that's because they will do anything on a whim. Or something. So I'd thought: Elves! Espescially pro Elves, they lost their pride anyway (being disbanded or somesuchthing), so they'd work for cash. Yeah... :)

But chaos could be cool too, curious to see how the fluff will work out. Maybe a human/dwarf/whatever sacrifice now and then will keep the teamcosts low, ... And there we have the story about Frogboy, a person with some money but in need of a lot of luck to dodge the authorities, dodge the team's appetite for strange... rituals, and dodge the mob chasing him for their goldcoins!

I will probably follow this, I am a sucker for these kind of things (plogs with fluff). 8)

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Frogboy had just returend from an afternoon scouting a newish High Elf team who had made their way across the water to the Old World just last week. He had had the tip off that they were in need of some managment in the form of a new coach but what they were really in need of was a new career, they were utterly rubbish at the game, prancing around and trying to throw the ball instead of getting into the other team with boot and fist. No less than four of the team injured and out for at least the next game ! Still, it did give him the upper hand in negotiations after the game, with his smooth words and promises of some easier and more freindly games in the future he had managed to sign them up without complaint to a rolling win and get paid, die and get buried contract.
Next on the agenda was hiring some muscle, frogboy closed and locked the rickety door to his new office, a wooden shack tucked in an arch below a bridge crossing the Reik, he looked around and survayed his surroundings. It was a dump, a few large rats scurried from below some rubbish dragging a dead dog away to be eaten and a beggar had just finished relieving himself much to his amusement on the side of Frogboys office. Frogboy looked away in discust just in time to see a barge carrying what looked to be Barrels of Bugmans up the river. He smiled and knew he was destined one day to be making his own way towards the barges destination, the Great City of Altdorf, where he would be remembered and praised as Frogboy the magnificent, owner and coach to the greatest Blood Bowl teams that ever played. He chuckled to himself as he hoped off in search of his dreams and into the dirty old town.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Forgot to update my blog...

:orc:

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

It had been weeks and the Elves had made no progress at all, they were nowhere near ready to play a propper game, some badly hurt players on the training ground had ment that frogboy had no choice to postpone their debut games in favour of scouting out some different teams. He'd been to the Bubba Bowl and had a look at a necromantic team in action and was impressed with a Dwarf Team he had followed on Cabal Vision during the recent Dungeonbowl, there resilience was outstanding but their players demanded a lot of gold and beer. No frogboy wasn't a rich coach, what he needed was cheap team which could suffer some punishment....

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

frogboy wrote:Forgot to update my blog...
:orc:
Looking great!
:D

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Frogboy was falling but abruptly stopped as his head collided with something hard, the cold dirt floor of his one bed shack, his hand tipping the contents of the bed pan out between his fingers and over his green forearm. The wannabi BloodBowl Coach wretched in his dizzy state still sweating out the previous nights alcohol as he lay naked in his own piss breathing heavily. It couldn't be true he thought to himself, no no no he must have been drunk, it was all just a bad dream, he comforted himself. That's when he heard a shrill scream from outside in the alley.
Begrudgingly he clambered back up onto the bed he'd fallen off just seconds earlier and sat whilst he pulled a robe over his frigid flesh, he thought about ignoring the scream and going back to sleep but the foggy memories of last nights dream in the graveyard sent icy chills shooting up his spine. What had happened last night and where was his dagger? As he searched under the pillow for the blade he thought he remembered leaving the Dodgy Beggar Inn with a man who claimed to be a wizard of sorts, said something about raising him a team, he must of meant raising him some gold coin for a team.

"I wonder if I'll be able to find him later" He croaked to himself.

There were raised voices now and the distinct clang of metal on cobbles which meant the Guard would be marching about outside pushing their weight around and controlling the crowd as they gawp and stare at the latest victim no doubt bleeding out in his alley, why do these people always seem to get murdered here outside his shack? The thought of murder and death threw flashes of his nightmare across his mind again, an old crypt and some odd looking hieroglyphics and a flash of eerie blue light.

One of the Guards was bellowing orders now "Stay back and do not come any closer!"

As if that ever worked. "Right that's it!" Frogboy jumped up, a little too quickly but still managing to wobble through the door, head spinning, to confront whatever overly dramatic incident was going on outside, he wasn't prepared though for what he came face to face with, or more like face to chest with. Frogboy tried to swallow but his mouth was suddenly dry as the desert, he looked left up the stinking alley and saw a crowd of the usual degenerate locals gawping in distaste being held back by a handful of the city's finest underpaid Guards who looked like they had just pulled the short straw in the Duke's favorite game "who's lives is it anyway" with weapons drawn and held timidly at eye level as if some kind of protective barrier between them and the evil they perceived. Strangely enough there was no murdered carcass sprawled in the dirt or some cornered thief ready to make his last stand. What was stood there in the alley though was even more shocking and unusual, it was only a fully blown Khemri BloodBowl Team.

"Master" With blue eyes the Undead servants of the lost Kings all turned in unison and repeated "Master" Now there have been awkward moments in our little green aspiring coaches life but this had to be right up there with one of the worst. He left the gaze of his new found team and looked slowly toward the Guard commander with pleading eyes who asked him.

"So err, these Undeads? They belong to you do they?" He could almost hear the sound of the Guards imagination weighting up the bribe that would secure his release "Just we don't see these constructs round yer much, if you knows what we're saying!" There were a few chuckles from the Guard, how in the Nuffle was he going to get out of this one?

Long overdue, missed the Khemri team I did for the Naf Championship so wanted to add that in, also thinking I need some better photos if I'm going to keep doing this, these ones i have at the moment are way too shabby...