NBFL Amazons: Flashington Redheads

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

NBFL Amazons: Flashington Redheads

Post by mattgslater »

I've just joined my first weekly scheduled FUMBBL League, the NFL-themed NBFL. This blog will show my team's week-by-week progress in a seriously uphill battle with a seriously unusual team in my first truly competitive scheduled weekly league since, wow, 2001?

My poor widdle expansion team has some really interesting personnel concerns. 16 players, no rookies, in a 2M league. I did this because looking at my inducement strategy I realized Star Players were always losing out to a 1-skill lina and a Bribe/Apo for 170k. Everybody has something not to like, and nobody beats out a Wizard against anything on my schedule, so I'd need to be in insane underdog territory (>500k) to take Zara or Roxanna.

As you can see if you look at my opponents, I'm really outclassed (there's a Chaos team with half a dozen ClawPOMBers and a handful of 2.3M+ teams), and they're even better than that because the Pact and Skaven still get to skill all their rookies and bring up a "draft pick" to Emerging Star status. In particular, my division will consist (when done with offseason) of:
* ~2 M Pact with 2 each B/MB/T/ST4 (Claws too, not that I care, another one without Tackle) and two more B/T/MA7, one with Dodge, one with probably MB.
* 2.1 M Khemri with only one Tackle (Blitz-Ra MA7/G/MB/T) but four good Guardians.
* ~2 M Skaven with a lot of 1-2-skill players and a few scary, scary little rats (+MA, 2 Heads, Sprint, SFeet, Catch; Block, +ST, Tackle, Frenzy, Leap).

Also on the board are either:
A) scary CD, more Skaven, big Dark Elves, and expansion Orcs (probably), or
B) scary Lizardmen, cute Pact, expansion Wood Elves and expansion Orcs (can't absolutely rule it out)

Inducement Plan (estimated inducement value at full strength; may vary quite a lot in practice)
CPact (~200k): Wizard and/or Bribe (100k-250k), then Chef and/or WApo(s) and/or Babe(s).
Skaven x2, D.Elf (~0-300k): Bribe or card (50k-100k), then Wizard and/or Bribe and/or card(s).
Khemri (~300k): Wizard (150k), then Chef and/or WApo(s) and/or Bribe and/or Babes.
CDorf (~700k): Wizard and/or WApo (100k-250k), then Bribe or Babe (50k-100k), then Chef and/or WApo and/or card(s).
Orc (~0): Wizard and/or Bribe and/or Babe (50k-300k)
Lizardmen: Wizard and/or Bribe (100k-250k), then Chef and/or WAPO and/or Bribe and/or card(s).
Wood Elves (~0): Bribe or card (50k-100k), then Chef and/or Bribe and/or card(s).

Line
3-3 formation as default, with occasional Zig against teams that don't hit hard or lack for Tackle (ahem, Khemri).

Starting defensive 11 (3-3)
LOS: #7 and #8 on the ends, #6 or #15 on nose. (2x Wrestle, 1x Wrestle or Block)
Strong Midfield: #3, #10 (Blodgers with MB and Kick/SB, respectively)
Centerfield: #11 or #4 (+ST or Blodge/MB)
Backfield: (#11 or #4), #1, #2, #5, #9 (+ST or Blodge/MB, plus Blodge/G/MB/T, Blodge/MB/MA7, Blodge/Guard/Catch, and DP).

Bench: #12-14, #16, (#6 or #15).
#6 and #15 alternate duty and first alternate on defensive line.
#12: Goes in on defense if #9 gets hurt or ejected, third alternate on defensive line or backfield.
#13: First alternate in defensive backfield, may take place of #9 in some matches.
#14: Second alternate in defensive backfield and defensive line.
#16: Goes in if I'm down to 11 players.

Starting offense:
#1-#5 and #11 all start on offense, mostly there to lay the hits.
#13 and #16 are full-time offensive starters, and mostly #12 and #14 too. I may bench either one of them in order to bring in #6 or #15, or bench #14 for #9 in divisional games.
Bench: #7, #8, #10 , and two from #6, #9, #12, #14, #15.

Development (yes, I know some of these players won't make it)
*** Any 11 is AG, any 12 is ST.
#1 gets PO, or SS on doubles.
#2-#4 get 1x each PO, Guard, Tackle. Doubles JU or SS or ignore, not sure. #2 would take +MA.
#5 gets SS, MB on doubles.
#6-#8 get 1x each Dauntless, Tackle, DP, order depends on schedule. Guard on doubles, not sure which it replaces. Would take +MA on last one.
#9, #12 get Wrestle, Guard on doubles.
#10 gets Tackle, Guard on doubles.
#11 gets Block, Guard on doubles.
#13, #14 get Block, even on doubles.
#15 gets either SH or one of the 6-8 skills, depending on need. Guard on doubles, would take +MA.
#16 gets either Block or Wrestle, depending on whether I need a carrier or sweeper, even on doubles. +MA, though... that would be great.

Replacements
#1-4 are replaced with Blitzers. Track always starts with MB, SS on doubles.
Others are replaced with Linas. Track always starts with Block or Wrestle, Guard on doubles.

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: NBFL Amazons: Flashington Redheads

Post by mattgslater »

For those who don't want to follow the link, my roster is:

Blitzers
1) T. Kozlowski. 48, Guard, MBlow, Tackle
2) C. Mann. 16, +MA, MBlow
3) J. Riggins. 6, MBlow
4) M. Coleman. 11, MBlow
Catchers
5) K. Kahaku-Enhada. 27, Block, Guard
Linewomen
6) D. Green. 11, Wrestle
7) J. Theismann. 6, Wrestle
8) B. Orakpo. 6, Wrestle
9) A. Monk. 6, DPlayer
10) S. K. Pummel. 38, Block, Kick, SBall
11) D. Butz. 6, +ST
12) J. Jacoby. 11, DPlayer
13) R. Grimm. 10, Guard
14) J. Bostic. 6, Guard
15) M. May. 6, Block
16) G. Starke. 6, +MA

1, 5, and 10 were drafted from the NCBB graduating class. The rest were skilled to 6 SPP in "snot-builder" games like this one. MVPs accumulated in these games explain the players who have more points (except 1, 5, 10).

Team Bio Text:
We're here to take names, chew gum, and KILL ALL MENZ. If you look at our unis, you'll see that we didn't leave any room for names. Oops. Our bad. Bad, bad, bad. I guess we'll just have to chew more gum and KILL MOAR MENZ to make up for it. Of course, we can KILL MENZ and chew gum at the same time. Can't you?

We don't have speed or armor or strength or agility. We can't afford to mess around. There are only a limited number of skills in our world, and we load up on them. We hold and hit, and we don't worry about the consequences. We didn't come here for our health, we came for yours. We don't plan on living forever, and we assume that in playing us you don't, either.

We're a little nicer if you don't play in our division. Then we're just gonna beat you into submission and mug you for the ball. If you play in the NFC East, well, the opera ain't over until the fat lady sings. That's right, we're gonna POMB on your mom 'til she starts to yodel!

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

don't forget behind your ears.... :wink:

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I'd feel dirtier if I weren't such a massive underdog. Sure, I'm a-swingin' that big ol' Amazon machete, but it's still a knife to a gunfight.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Seeing as it's my lack of tackle Khemri team that plays in the same division and we'll have two games together this season I strictly forbid anyone from giving him advice. :D

I didn't realize that was you. Welcome to the league.

Oh and BTW - I wouldn't worry about being "outclassed" against my team. I put no thought into game planning so when I win it's all luck. :P

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

burgun824 wrote:Seeing as it's my lack of tackle Khemri team that plays in the same division and we'll have two games together this season I strictly forbid anyone from giving him advice. :D

I didn't realize that was you. Welcome to the league.
Thanks! We brought POMBs and fouls to go around, as a token of appreciation for y'all's hospitality for welcoming us to your fine division. It's a nice place you got here. It'll be a little nicer after we tear out some walls, paint the floor ... you know, an Amazon team's touch.
Oh and BTW - I wouldn't worry about being "outclassed" against my team. I put no thought into game planning so when I win it's all luck. :P
Oh, no. You're not lulling us into a false sense of security. At least not that easily.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Team logo is up!

And so are the player pics!
Player pic scheme:
Up to 100k: Hogette
110k to 150k: Famous redhead
150k+: Other red-headed thing
Exception: Kozlowski, at 150k and 3 SPP from going up, is an honorary 150k+ pic.

Winged_Human
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Winged_Human »

you should find a good pic of alex simwise for one of your players

"Never trust the Manlings."
mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

FUMBBL is pretty anti-cheesecake. I didn't know who you meant, so I did a google image search and there was like 1% of that would get past their censors.

I'm thinking Emma Stone, Felicia Day, and Ginger Spice are next up.

I have Dagmar Midcap on Classy Newscasters. Maybe she will eventually see double-duty.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Oh...I can't wait to pound Emma Stone. :D

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Gillian Anderson... FUMBBL admins told me no Fergie. Didn't tell me why, I assume it's 'cause she hasn't got $#!‡ all over her.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Talk to Kryten. He may be able to help you out.

I tried to add multiple Amy Winehouse pics to my gallery because I made her as a zombie on one of my teams. They kept getting rejected by FUMBBL admins. I eventually had to resort to using this because it was the only thing they would allow through...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I don't mind. My Yank sensibilities bristle at a no-royalty rule, but whatevz. No matter how lucky I get, there is just about zero chance that I will ever sustain enough players @110k-150k TV that I start running out of redheads.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

mattgslater wrote:No matter how lucky I get, there is just about zero chance that I will ever sustain enough players @110k-150k TV that I start running out of redheads.
I'll make sure to try and help you out with that. :D

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Thanks for the offer, Burgun! Your AV7 Skeletons will get us up into the 160+K range lickety-split!