NBFL Amazons: Flashington Redheads

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Re: NBFL Amazons: Flashington Redheads

Post by mattgslater »

K, Burgun will have to wait until week 7.

Frankly, my first opponent scares the snot out of me.

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

I get you right after Dallas..... :(

I hope conner leaves some of those ginger harlots for me to pound on.

Good news is I'll have time to get some more tackle. :wink:

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Kid, I'm a'gonna beat you like a bone-headed stepchild.

Ex-Con doesn't scare me. Nuffle scares me, so I go into every game with a gut full of fear anyway, but is only one team on my first-series schedule that genuinely gives me the willies. Unfortunately, I get them first. Fortunately, Weeks 2-5 are a little less terrifying, though those Dark Elves could be a handful.

Week 1: 2.5M Chaos Dwarfs with two Blodge Bulls (one ST5).
Week 2: Silly Orcs who might as well be an expansion team and have studly Goblins and an AG4 Dumpof Thrower but no Tackle and only one Guard.
Week 3: Skaven. Division game. They too are rather expansion-like, but with better GRs.
Week 4: Big, nasty Dark Elves.
Week 5: More Skaven, better GRs, not as important to beat.
Week 6: Big, tough Chaos Pact. Division game.
Week 7: Burgun's Khemri. Division game.

Weeks 8-14 will see the Skaven, Pact, and Khemri, plus either:

Gnarly Lizardmen with way too much Tackle
Pretty solid Pro Elves
ClawPOMB-city Chaos
Moar Chaos Dorfs!

or
Scary Undead with a Block/Tackle Mummy
Less-solid (but dirtier) Pro Elves
Expansion High Elves
Moar Skaven!

This week, I get just over 650k. No stars or Mercs (was going to run 15 on the 6/7 chance I didn't draw these guys first...), so marginal value doesn't matter. I have to pick between:
a) Wiz, Apo x2, Babe x2, Bribe x2
b) Wiz, Apo x2, Babe x2, Bribe, TRR#5
c) Wiz, Apo, Babe x2, Chef
d) Wiz, Apo x2, Chef

Leaning to A or maybe B. Willing to be convinced of C or D (I like the idea of his not TRRing pushes, thanks), but I like the idea of being able to foul consistently and Apo a KO to keep my numbers up. I'd be willing to give up one of those (I'm not a huge fouler to begin with, he's loaded with Thick Skull, and he doesn't play in my division). 'Course, he does have that niggled ST4 Dorf and very tempting Bulls, he only has 5 Guards, and I do have a Wizard. I don't really need 5 Re-Rolls, but ask me again on T7.

RR #5 is tempting, but I think a second Bribe is better.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Option A would be my choice fo sho.

Winged_Human
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Winged_Human »

I'd say option D, as removing their RR will definately hurt their not skilled players, and the APos will def help.

"Never trust the Manlings."
mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

The whole roster has either Block or Wrestle. He has 2x Sure Hands.

I'm not normally a huge fouler, but this game I'm a'gonna go foul-crazy. I got no choice, I'm down 670k.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Yup. That's why you need those bribes. The chef is great but it's so overpriced and a good coach can still work a game plan without re-rolls. I'd save a chef for when you play someone like me who will suffer a lot more from the lack of re-rolls (because I play Khemri....and because i suck :P ).

If you take the two bribes, target his hobs with your dirty players, and use the apos and babes to keep your girls on the field then you'll stand a good chance of beating him. Especially if you can find an efficient way to lightning bolt him. Just remember that fireballs suck most of the time and don't be tempted.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

burgun824 wrote:Yup. That's why you need those bribes. The chef is great but it's so overpriced and a good coach can still work a game plan without re-rolls. I'd save a chef for when you play someone like me who will suffer a lot more from the lack of re-rolls (because I play Khemri....and because i suck :P ).

If you take the two bribes, target his hobs with your dirty players, and use the apos and babes to keep your girls on the field then you'll stand a good chance of beating him. Especially if you can find an efficient way to lightning bolt him. Just remember that fireballs suck most of the time and don't be tempted.
Fireball is for when I have five or six targets, and getting any two (or a specific one) will break up the play. Lightning is what I normally do with Wiz, esp in face of Blodge/SH Bull. ST5 guy I can maybe strip.

Fouling priority is:

Top priority: Bulls, Niggled ST4 Dorf, SH Hob, Blodge/Acc Hob
Second priority: POMBers
Third priority: Whoever is prone

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

Good plan. I like targetting the hobs because they're squishier and kill the ball handling ability of a CD team. But I will applaud anyone that takes out a +ST player or a ClawPOMBer, so good luck to you sir.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

K, so a very tight 0-1 loss to the Chaos Dwarfs, despite failed Apo, Wizard, and Babes, and some comically bad fouling rolls, and then a 2-0 smackdown on the Orcs. Next up, lots of Skaven and Dark Elves.

Gratz, Burgun, on beating the first Skaven team. Now, this time, let's get some MNGs on those star Gutters.

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

mattgslater wrote:Gratz, Burgun, on beating the first Skaven team. Now, this time, let's get some MNGs on those star Gutters.
I killed the Diving Tackle one. Apo was succesfull though. :( I had them all in the KO box at one time or another. I was breaking plenty of armor, I just couldn't break any bones.

Nice work against the orcs though.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

TY. Nuffle kept hammering on me for the first half, but then in the second half it all started working. He pressured me to score, but I got a takeaway to finish him off. Missing some pretty good players against Relezite, but hey, more inducements for me, right?

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

mattgslater wrote:Missing some pretty good players against Relezite, but hey, more inducements for me, right?
:lol: Hopefully not after I get done with him.

EDIT: No luck dude. Only BHs. He has a nasty OTSer too. He got the opening KO and it was 1-0 before I could move. Then I ground him out for the next 30 turns scoring on T8 in each half to make it 2-1. I set up the wall at the goal line but a thrown rock left him a hole that he promptly exploited in T32 for the 2-2 tie. Word of warning, he only brings that little f-er on the field to put a score in. He won't leave you a clean shot at him so you'll have to hope for a blitz! or a failed dodge.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Lost 3-0, just a brutal game. My luck with inducements has been ridiculously bad. Even when I win, my inducements let me down. This time it was a failed Bribe, yet another Apo fail, and silly-bad luck with Zara, who took my MVP. But the real credit in this game goes to Relezite. Or to my just not bringing my A game. AV7 and open-pow city didn't help either. No way I was gonna win that game, but a couple dumb plays could have kept me at a 2-1 loss.

Then got my revenge on Smeat and his Cleviland Dark Browns. I spotted him a TD so he wouldn't feel so bad (okay, I misclicked a blitz action into a block), but came away with scads of Cas and two skill-ups. (FWIW, I had a Babe and didn't take any KOs.) Now I have two convincing victories over other expansion teams and two frustrating losses (one close, one not) as a major underdog. I guess that's what to expect from this team, huh?

Went Dauntless on a Wrestle Lina, 'cause the Cincinnati Skaven franchise dropped and was replaced with Khemri, leaving the remainder of my series Khemri, Khemri, Chaos Pact.

Also got doubles on my MA5 Blitzer with MB. Ignored it, took Guard. The next game is the only game.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Our first divisional series in the books, the Flashington Redheads overcame a rough start against Pittsburgh to beat Baltimorc, Cleviland, and Sandcinnati, taking a 3-1 record against AFC opponents this season.

It was an ugly win, if 3-0 can ever really be that ugly. A lot of damage on both sides. Lost two players, including my 3rd-round draft pick, and got -AG on my Wrestle/Dauntless lina to boot. Still, team looks healthy-ish, sporting 12 players for the next game (divisional challenge vs. Ex-Con's Chaos Pact), with 370k in handicap and a very deep treasury: with two new linas, I'd still get Zara.

Next two matches are critical. If I win both, I just have to outlast Relezite and his crazy rats.