Hot Embalmy Knights

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Paulusmaximus
Rookie
Rookie

Hot Embalmy Knights

Post by Paulusmaximus »

I didn't plan on writing any team blogs, but the first game with this team was such a hoot for me, I just wanted to have it remembered.

Note: This game is part of a "league" played between my girlfriend and I (not a lot of TTBB being played in Japan, especially in these parts). She is particularly squeamish about the blood in blood bowl, so we never foul, and I don't tend to take killing skills.

Game 1: Hot Embalmy Knights (Khemri) vs. French Kerome (Slann)

The 5k fans supporting HEK were drowned out by the 11k fans supporting FK, or possibly just hoping for some tasty frogs legs post-game.

The HEK kicking, reacted marginally quicker than FK to the kick the landed right behind the LOS, however, being set deep in anticipation of the FK jumping shenanigans had little to offer. The frogs quickly scooped up the ball, and started making their way up the side of the field. In response, the HEK started applying pressure the best way they know how, flailing their arms wildly. This seemed to do the trick, with a FK prima donna catcher being carried of the field knocked out. (He was later seen cavorting with the girls in the front row, only to feign unconsciousness at the start of every subsequent drive bar the last). The pressure also proved to be enough to force the first TD of the game.

French Kerome 1 - Hot Embalmy Knights 0

The HEK waiting for the kick, waited too long, and before they knew it, FK had jumped the line, and scored again.

French Kerome 2 - Hot embalmy Knights 0

This time the HEK watched as the kick flew long, very long, and out into the crowd. With not much time left on the clock in the First half, standing on the LOS, "Cerebral" Cortez motioned for the ball. The hard hitting Tomb Guardians made short work of the lemmings on the LOS and proceeded to help Cortez beat the clock, and put the HEK on the board.

Half-time: French Kerome 2 - Hot Embalmy Knights 1

Things went all according to plan for the HEK this time with the few standing FK players retreating in fear from the HEK after Corpus Callous M, not wanting to be outdone by Cortez, firmly planted a frog into the turf. Rather than drag the game out to a draw, a skeleton of no importance handed off the ball to Hyper-Thalamus to score the TD and .

French Kerome 2 - Hot Embalmy Knights 2

The frogs cleanly collected the ball, and again attempted to sweep the flank for a TD. Not wanting to just roll over, the HEK stormed in and amongst a frenzy of flailing arms the ball ended up in the hands of the crowd, who decided it would be a hoot if the ball went to the other side of the field occupied by only CCM and Phelanges McGee. Not wanting to be relegated to obscurity, McGee took advantage of the opening provided by CCM by scooping up the ball and confidently hurling it down the field to the open Tomb Guardian Thalamus, who then marched on to score to take HEK into the lead in the dying minutes of the game.

French Kerome 2 - Hot Embalmy Knights 3

In the final moments of the game the frogs tried to regain some self esteem by putting on a dazzling display with their prima donna catcher back on the field, by trying to out do the magnificent passing effort of McGee, but failed miserably, the ref blowing his whistle is disgust, bringing an end to the game.

After the game, droves came to buy HEK t-shirts, providing enough funds for the team to gain the services of a Throw-Ra for their next game (much to the chagrin of Phalanges McGee)

Note 2: MVP went to a skeleton, so no rolls, but with 6 players with points after the first game, and enough winnings to get a throw-ra, I was quite pleased!

Reason: ''
Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Hot Embalmy Knights

Post by Baduk »

she doesn't like the blood and you play khemri hehe. How did her team fare?

the TG caught a pass? congrats!

oh btw the 2-0 score is missing, 2-1 is in there twice.

Paulusmaximus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Paulusmaximus »

Baduk wrote:oh btw the 2-0 score is missing, 2-1 is in there twice.
ta.

I only inflicted one casualty, and that just a badly hurt. She knows well enough how to keep her players out of trouble. (She generally plays the fragile teams, so it doesn't matter too much what I use)

And yes, the TG caught a pass. A short pass from a stock standard skeleton. All done without a re-roll. I couldn't believe my luck!

Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

on Fumbbl I had a mummy intercept two games in a row, will never happen again I guess. :)

Paulusmaximus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Paulusmaximus »

News in brief;

New Throw-ra Interasseus Absentia joined the team for their second game and racked up an impressive 3 completed passes. Also scored a TD in his second game.

A greedy Hyper Thalimus beckoned for the ball in the third game in attept to notch up the second TD of his career, but proved to be inept at catching allowing the opposition to recover the ball and score the winning TD.

In game 2 "Limber" Vertibrae was awarded a second MVP for his continuous effort in mediocrity.

In game 3 Corpus "Callous" M was awarded the MVP, requiring only an interception now to have a notch in every box. "Phelanges" McGee, who first showed us that Skeletons can throw (and that Tomb Guardians can catch) was injured, and will miss game 4.