I touch my elf: Dark elf team blog

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

I touch my elf: Dark elf team blog

Post by Ironjaw »

First off, sorry to MumboJerry for nicking his team name but it's just so f'ing funny... :lol: :lol:

I decided to join the Yorkshire Blood Bowl League sub division "the Harrogate Pandas" for the start of their 3rd season.

I am told that the league is about 19-20 strong, but I don't know any of the other teams or players in the league (I'll get a good look later), in fact all I do know is that I'm playing a Skaven coach tonight at GW.

As long as he has no Rat Ogre he should have the numerical advantage, so I've gone for the AV/Block staring roster option:

Runner
4 Blitzers
6 Linemen
2rr

Should be pretty solid I think.

My plan is to get a few CAS spp on the Blitzers, and try to score twice with the Runner. Assuming I win, I should have an APO and leader re roll by game 2, and that will be a very solid foundation.

Will post game report tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy.

Leon

Reason: ''
Mr 1-in-20
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

looking forward to it

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Khail
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Khail »

Good deal - I'm interested to watch another DE team develop. Same lineup (though I didn't manage to get my Leader reroll until game 6 :o).

Commissioner of the Cascadia Blood Blowl League
Bellingham, WA USA
grampyseer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by grampyseer »

Looks like a solid lineup. I'd hesitate to include the runner if it's a bash heavy, or advanced league. The skill-less AV 7 is a bit of a target, and it's easier to protect the runner when you have 12 players already.

Good luck :D

Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

So, I got to GW Harrogate and was told I was playing a guy called "Anthony" with his Skaven.

"Can't outrun him" I thought to myself, and resigned myself to having to play the blocking game with only 4 block and 2 re rolls. :-?

Then he showed me his roster- 3 gutter runners, 2 stormvermin, rat ogre, 2 throwers, 3 linerats, 2 re rolls- "Balls out" is the only way to describe it.

Weather was fine, he got +2 fame, and I won the toss. I decided to kick to see what he was made of, and proceeded to deliberately set up a line-elf on the sideline for the frenzy surf, but he would need 2 GFI to do it, thus he either falls flat on his @rse, or ends up next to the Sideline. KO result was weather, wich changed to pouring rain.

True to form, 1st action blitz with the Rogre ( :?: ) who moves 6 squares toward the lineman, rolls his GFI and then rolls skull/pow. Cursing his luck, he then rolls 9/9/14 thus badly hurting the elf.

His next action was to block with the SV on a Line, and he then rolls 9/9 again!. Two blocks, two players down- don't panic, they're only linemen. He then picks up the ball with a thrower (3/4) and passes to a GR (quicky, but rolls 1/2) ball scatters in the open, so I rush all my elves forward with only a blitz on the Gutter Runner on the way. With his Rogre so far from play he didn't know what to do so I ran in for a score in turn 3. :D

By this time, he'd used a reroll on a dodge. I set up defence again, and he choses to block on the line with the Rogre first again. Dbl Skulls. he rolls the 4 for the re roll and rolls both down. Dice go flying all over the shop, and I keep quiet. I then scoop the ball and stall out for 2-0 at turn 8. In turn 7, his rogre rolled another dbl skull and knocked himself out- it was effectionately known as smush, and he hadn't had his best game.

Second half took the same ilk really, I got players up and proceeded to win 4-0.

Post game got me a blodge blitzer, a leader runner, an apo, an extra ff and 10,000gp for the kitty.

Couldn't have gone better really. Bring on game two.

Leon

Mr 1-in-20
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

well done leon, sounds like a perfect first game

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

BB brings out the worst. Kudos for keeping your lip in the face of the flying dice.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
grampyseer
Star Player
Star Player

Re: I touch my elf: Dark elf team blog

Post by grampyseer »

Did you praise the infinite wisdom of leading with the rat ogre?

I just read another thread that beautifully identified rat ogres as:

"useless sacks of fail."

Nevertheless, great start. There's alot of us blogging solid starts with dark elf teams....I hope all of our luck doesn't bottom out at once. :lol:

Blood bowl players suffer from only one major design flaw...complaining
Craigtw
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Craigtw »

grampyseer wrote:Nevertheless, great start. There's alot of us blogging solid starts with dark elf teams....I hope all of our luck doesn't bottom out at once. :lol:
Or in my case blogging about the Dark Elves fantastic start against me!

Add me as a friend on Facebook: Spazz Fist
Add me as a friend on Xbox Live: Spazzfist
necrosis
Rookie
Rookie

Post by necrosis »

grampyseer wrote:Did you praise the infinite wisdom of leading with the rat ogre?

I just read another thread that beautifully identified rat ogres as:

"useless sacks of fail."

Nevertheless, great start. There's alot of us blogging solid starts with dark elf teams....I hope all of our luck doesn't bottom out at once. :lol:
I have started 2 dark elf teams recently in online play (botocs, cyanide) both times with the same starting line up above i faced slight more developed teams (just under 1100k) dwarves and necro. I think the bad luck you hope to avoid landed on me :( , both times i was down 3 players in the first few turns and both times i wasn't even trying to be a bashy team!, just maxed out on 1s on dodges (even managed to fail to pick the ball up on my first turn (with a re-roll). Basically it was try anything.. fail, opponent get a casualty from a normal block then suddenly all it was just a gang blocking/fouling contest during which i could do nothing as every other dodge away failed. (i think the dodge rate of success in one of the games was about 30-40%.. i actually worked that % it out as i was that annoyed at how things had went).

I'd say in general an opening game like i had can nearly decide your 'season' and in both cases it was over by turn 4, finished both games with next to no spps injuries and in one a dead blitzer but i would say in table top leagues people would be a little more sporting, in online it can turn into gang fouling sessions

Mad Mö
Experienced
Experienced

Re:

Post by Mad Mö »

Ironjaw wrote:So, I got to GW Harrogate and was told I was playing a guy called "Anthony" with his Skaven.
Then he showed me his roster- 3 gutter runners, 2 stormvermin, rat ogre, 2 throwers, 3 linerats, 2 re rolls- "Balls out" is the only way to describe it.

True to form, 1st action blitz with the Rogre ( :?: ) who moves 6 squares toward the lineman, rolls his GFI and then rolls skull/pow. Cursing his luck, he then rolls 9/9/14 thus badly hurting the elf.

By this time, he'd used a reroll on a dodge. I set up defence again, and he choses to block on the line with the Rogre first again. Dbl Skulls. he rolls the 4 for the re roll and rolls both down. Dice go flying all over the shop, and I keep quiet.

Second half took the same ilk really, I got players up and proceeded to win 4-0.

Couldn't have gone better really. Bring on game two.

Leon
Nice first game :orc:
Met an Anthony in our local GW store some time ago. Got nearly banned for throwing dice...
Famous quotes of any Anthony (alway with an astonished look on his face):
- We never play(ed) it that way!
- Nobody of my pals plays Dwarves (etc.) you can´t win with them.
- You can´t win because....
- You can not you stop than one-turn-touchdown super gutterrunner of mine!
- etc.
Waiting for your next game.

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

As a commisioner for a league of a dozen, if any of the coaches threw dice about I would step in and say if they don't like it - leave...

We all have had our fair share of duff dice but nothing to get in to a sweat about.

We have had bad language, it was such a shock from such a good friend... we put it down to side step being such a nasty skill.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)