Name the Next Expatriate!

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Name the Next Expatriate!

Post by mattgslater »

OK, when Rocky Redglare dies, I get Rocky Montaigne to replace him. Thrower number two will be Al Obama.

But I'm going to hire another Catcher at some point, and I'll need names for replacements. Help! All names must be U.S.A. puns. They can be optimistic or cynical, patriotic or just cheesy, but they must be American-oriented.

Here's what I have now:
The New Albion Expatriates
High Elves
Linemen:, José Cañusi, Manny Festestiny, Grant Stume, Ellis Island, Lando deFreeh, Homer the Brave.
Blitzers: Uncle Slam, Rush Moore.
Catchers: Rocky Redglare, Lou Z. Anapurgis, Cal Forney-Driemann.
Throwers: Rhett Wydenblut.
Apothecary: H.M. Oh

So help me pick the best three or four, and let me know if any good ones come to you. I don't want to re-use the same first or last name, even if the context is totally different. I don't mind using odd or foreign names, but the first name should be an identifiable first name.

Sid E. Onnahil
Galen Lee Streaming
Berto Venatien (nod to John Waters)
Juan Tanamobé
Burl Harbor
Marshall Plan
Indy Annapolis
Cole O'Raddow
Jackson Hoel
Ari Zona
Red Woods
If Grant Stume dies (guess where he'll be buried?), I can take Grant Canyon. If not, Graeme Canyon?

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Juan Tanamobé

Love it :D

Pitch Invader
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pitch Invader »

how about..

Getty Spurg
Zan Francisco
Memba D. Alamo
Monty Cello
Matt Vernon
Moe Heekan
Yoon-Yung Pacific

and some female players:

Anne Titam
Amber Waves
Brooke Lynn
Kimber Lynn Gap
Sarah Toga
Miss Izzy Rivers

and just for fun:

Stu Pedasso

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I like Getty Spurg and Monty Cello.

Thanks to PitchInvader for my cheerleaders: Amber Waves, Sara Toga and Brooke-Lynne Bridges!

My thinking at the moment is that my next Thrower will be Marshall Plan. My next Catcher will be Al Obama. My replacement linemen will be Sid E. Onnahil, Monty Cello or Geddy Spurg.

Spurgue? Sperg? Sberg?

ACs:
Offensive Coordinator: Burl Harbor
Defensive Coordinator: Juan Tanamobé
Strength and Conditioning Coach: Red Woods

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.