Hundred Feet Heroes- (HFH) - Blog

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Pug
Legend
Legend

Hundred Feet Heroes- (HFH) - Blog

Post by Pug »

A week on Monday the Hundred Feet Heroes Halfling team will seriously take to the field. The brave little balls of blubber will commence their first ever outing onto the Blood-Bowl league filed of play.

Hopefully I will be able to write a bit of a humerous short blog that charts the fall and possible rise of the HFH fortunes throughout their first season. I will not play the league to win as such but to cause as much humour and shinanigans as possible apon the unsuspecting Blood-Bowl players of the league. I will try to add querky skills and the like to give the team more flavour than the usual run-of-the-mill halfling skill selection would denoted ~ So long as the the little buggers survive to get any skills that is!

This may generate some interesting cartooning ideas as their exploits continue, and I will post any resulting cartoon strips here and on the main HFH thread in the "GGEneral CHat" area.

So stay tuned my HFH fans and Halfling lovers out there!...May the humerous errors commence!............

IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS A HALFLING TEAM.....

It had so far been a wonderful day for Hazmir Longfoot. So far he’d had breakfast, all three, brunch which consisted of eggs bacon and beans and to top it off before he donned his boots and armour he had managed to wrangle a few hotdogs from a vendor. The smell of the freshly cooked meats still wafted onto the field and tickled the senses in Hazmirs nose, making his mouth water still at the thought of possibly getting another one.
His pleasant thoughts of food and his stomach, were brutally brought back to his current situation. He had the ball and a half naked dwarf, spittle frothing at the mouth, hair glued into a severely tall crest was bearing down on him with surprising speed.
This is gonna hurt! Thought Hazmir as gauged the distance between him and the charging dwarf. He quickly looked around for some sort of protection and was greeted by the looming presence of Toobefor, his teams treeman, slowly plodding his way up the field from behind him. With a flurry of feet, Hazmir ran towards the treeman just thirty feet away, the pounding sound of the berserk dwarf’s iron tipped boots thumping away in his ears as the distance between them closed. Hazmir the halfling sprinted towards the lumbering Toobefor, the ball tucked tightly into the crook of his right arm, his left pumping away for all it was worth. A bellow of rage erupted from behind him as he neared the wooden bulk of the treeman, the dwarf was nearly apon him. The trunk of Toobefor almost filled his field of vision. At the last moment, Hazmir leapt up feet first and impacted on the bulk of Toobefors trunk. With a small grunt Hazmir pushed out with his legs and recoiled up and back out over the approaching dwarf. The dwarf caught off guard by the halflings’ suddenly maneuver, barreled head long into the treeman trunk at full run. Hazmir heard the satisfying noised of a bone jarring whack as he landed nimbly to his feet. Toobefor had stopped his slow progress and peered down at the unconscious dwarf, his hair once tall and mighty splayed out in a rough, flat spiky circle around his forehead. Toobefor looked up at the panting halfling holding the ball tightly.
“I thought I felt something odd!” boomed the hoarse voice of Toobefor as he flicked the unconscious body of the dwarf away with one of his mighty branch arms, towards the side lines like a rag doll.
“You never really know if you’ve actually hit something until you have to look down to check!” a rasping noise issued from within the depths of the tree folk standing before Hazmir. He knew by now that the treeman was having a good laugh at the expense of anything that was smaller than him. That was most of the players he came up against.
“Thank the pie makers! If you weren’t around that dwarf would of beaten me into the ground if he’d managed to get his hands on me!” Grinned Hazmir as he beat his free hand on his ample belly that protruded proudly over his belt buckle.
“Anything to help out my mighty fellow!” chuckled Toobefor as he reached down and gently plucked the halfling from the ground.
The treeman placed Hazmir between the many branched that made up part of what you could call the top of his head. Hazmir wrapped his legs tightly around one of them as the treeman started his slow plod back up the field and towards the raucous noise of players beating each other up. From his advantage point, Hazmir could see ahead and past the slowly approaching mass of players from both sides. The halflings as usual were running around the dwarfs trying to find a lone dwarf to pick on with as many of their number as possible. They weren’t having much luck, the dwarves had opted to split most of their players into two tightly formed groups and were marauding slowly around the field chasing down the equally slow halflings. Hazmir watched as an overly eager halfling by the name of Stewpot, ran forward to tackle a dwarf on one of the groups that had strayed out from them. The halfling was swatted away by the burly dwarf with a quick thrust of an armoured elbow to his mid section, and the halfling flopped to the ground moaning, clutching at his stomach.
Toobefor continued ever onwards up the field and crossed into the dwarfs half. The second group of dwarfs, spotting the lumbering Toobefor with Hazmir and ball in his branches, turned away from the pile of groaning halflings they were stamping on and charged forward to meet the treeman. There were five in their pack as they slammed into the trunk of Toobefor, all of them putting their shoulders in, in a attempt to topple him. Toobefor was having none of it and plucked a dwarf from around his trunk with a huge hand of leaves and small branches. With the struggling dwarf in his grip he brought him up to his scowling wooden face.
“ You’re my mulch now boy!” bellowed the treeman into the wriggling dwarfs face. With a swing of his branch arm, Toobefor brought the dwarf down onto his team mates, using his head and body like a fleshy club. Bleeding and broken bodies of dwarfs flew away from the treeman, as the dwarf club ploughed through their midst. Hazmir yelled in glee as Toobefor threw the now limp form of the dwarf he held onto the still form of one of his comrades. A roar of approval boomed out from the masses of fans lining the edge of the playing field as Toobefor and Hazmir continued on.
The first lot of dwarfs off the Toobefors and Hazmirs left had noticed that a fair few of their team lay bleeding and groaning in the wake of Toobefors passing and that the halfling and treeman where nearing the back section of their half. The dwarfs would have left the treeman and halfling to score and not risked the additional casualties, had it not been for the fact that there was only a couple of minutes left of the game and that the score at the moment was one a piece. In unison the dwarves changed direction and en mass charged in Toobefors direction.
“Come on Toobefor, we’re nearly there just a few more strides to go” Screeched Hazmir from among the branches of the treemans head. A couple of the dwarves that Toobefor had swept aside had got up and were chasing after them from behind.
“Hurry, hurry, hurry!” wailed the halfling as the larger mass of dwarves raced up to the treeman.
“ I’m going as fast as I can!” boomed Toobefor. Three dwarves pounced at the lumbering feet of the treeman, holding his roots together to stop his movement. For a moment Toobefor teetered forward as the weight of himself nearly toppled him over as he came to a sudden stop. Hazmir gave out a scream as he felt himself almost thrown out of the treemans branches. More dwarves slammed into the trunk of Toobefor and he swayed back and forth at the dwarves pressed home there assault.
A desperate thought leapt into Hazmirs mind and he quickly scrambled out of the treemans head branches and inched his way towards the shouldered of one of his arms.
“Quick, throw me over them.” Shouted Hazmir as he clambered along the treemans arm and into the wooden fingers.
“But you haven’t done that before?!” growled Toobefor, and batted a dwarf that had dislodged a large chunk of bark from his trunk.
“Just do it!” screamed Hazmir over the shouts of the attacking dwarves below.
“OK. Just hold on to that ball and don’t pass out”
Hazmir looked down at the face of the treeman curiously.
“What do you mean don’t. . .” started Hazmir but was cut off mid sentence as the arm of Toobefor arced forward like a siege catapult. The wind was crushed from Hazmirs lungs as he was launched forward high over the heads of the dwarves. The wind howled in his ears and managed to open his eyes just in time to see the ground start to race up towards him. Hazmir was hurtling towards the muddy field head first, and a strange thought crossed his mind, was this what it was like for those mad goblin doom divers when they were launched from their catapults? The thought quickly passed as the immanent impact with the hard ground made itself a priority. With a last second action, Hazmir managed to turn and hold himself into a ball position, just as he made contact with the ground. The remainder of the air in his lungs was force out in a short snorting grunt and he bowled across the ground towards the scoring line at the back of the dwarves half of the pitch. The world spun around and around in a painful tumble for Hazmir as his speed was used up with his body thumping along the ground. Still Hazmir held onto the ball with all the force his little body could. Finally the jarring pain subsided from pummeling his body, and the world kept spinning inside Hazmirs mind. Groggily he sat up and nearly fell to his side immediately as he tried to stop the spinning. There was a roaring noise in his ears and he instantly took it for the affects of spinning so much that his hearing was affected, but then realized that it was the voices of thousands of cheering fans all bellowing in his direction. A sense of immense pride flowed trough him as he soaked up the noise from the fans and unsteadily got to his feet. The world was still spinning and there was two of every thing. His head throbbed as he stumbled towards the score line, the crowd roaring in his ears. He managed with much swaying and staggering to plant foot before foot in a endless battle to head towards the score line that kept spinning away from him. The throbbing increased in his head and it felt that a giant was crushing his skull between its clenched hands, getting tighter and tighter. Spots of red and black started to dances before his eyes and moving his legs felt like lifting lead bars. The darkness swept over Hazmir as a final deafening roar greeted his passing into unconsciousness.

The final wistle had blown and the game was at an end. Hazmir was brought back to the world with a healthy soaking from the water bucket. He was laying on the pitch surrounded on all sides by the grinning smiles and cheers of his battered team mates as they crowded round him. In his hands he still hung onto the ball. He looked up in to the faces of his team.
“ What happened?” croaked Hazmir.
“ You only won the bloody game you limp biscuit!” shouted the face of his team captain, Crudly Grandladle, as he stepped passed the ranks of halflings and knelt down beside Hazmir.
“ I did?” queried Hazmir, “ I thought I hadn’t made it.”
“ Best bit of staggering I’ve seem in years!” grinned his captain and waved away a few of the halflings so they left a bit of ground clear three feet away. “ You managed to walk six feet along the score line then at the last moment put a foot across and bloody scored you great cabbage!” and he pointed emphatically at the spot where Hazmir had crossed the line. Hazmir grinned a huge toothy grin at Grandladle, and the captain thrust a big steaming pie and a tankard of mead into his hands.
“ I’d say you earned that alright.” And the surrounding halflings gave a cheer as Hazmir took a big bite from the pie and washed it down with a large swig of mead.

....AND THUS WAS BORN THE HUNDRED FEET HEROES!

SEASON 1
DAY 1
GAME 1

Due to a misunderstanding by the HFH and the Commisioner of the SQUIG League, the HFH turned up to the stadium full of hope and promise to get their teeth sunk into some new opponents ankles! Alas that was not to be. The official match-up for the HFH had not been drawn and so the HFH had the opportunity to have a friendly against a newly arrived Lizardman team the Lustria Bay Lizards.

Now over to our commentators for this match, Stu and Jim....
Tune into the Crystal Ball Sounds (CBS), for the match !....

JIM: Good afternoon sports fans, welcome to a beautiful day at the Nutral ground of Dwentfeld Training Ground for the Thespian Pirates. Since they are off Pillaging and playing Blood-Bowl else where, the Heroes and the Lizards have full use of there facilities for this pre-season warm up.

STU: I can see both stands are fairly full of cheering nutter, and it seems the contingent of scally followers are getting the better of the Heroes fans.

JIM: That's only because the Bag of Bangers stall has just opened....hmmm think I'll send out for some!

STU: Stop drooling Jim you'll messy up your shirt again..

JIM: Sorry....Looks like the teams are taking to the pitch. Let's just have a quick run through of the Heroes team as the captains toss the coin....Stu?

STU: We have father and sapling treemen Toobefor and Pot-Plant, at 1 team Captain Hungerford, new boy Goof at 2, Moomin Terror from the North Moot wearing number 3, Kay Bob at 4, Han Burg at 5, Tom Matto in 6, 7 will be Chad Errs, in 8 Matt Loaf, 9 Sor Reen, 10 Hammond Eggs, in the number 11 shirt Diz Washer, 12 has Kev Bacon as a recent signing, Marian Thon takes 13 and filling the last position on the roster is Big Wally in 14.

JIM: What about the Lizards?...Don't they get a mention?

STU: NOPE!...six saurus, six skinks.

JIM: No names or numbers?

STU: NOPE! It's a friendly for the Gods sake!....who cares!

JIM: Ooookay....Right looks like HFH's Hungerford has won the toss and elected to kick..

STU: WHOOO-HOOO! GAME ON!

*BACKGROUND CHEER*

JIM: There goes the ball, deep into the Lizards half..

STU: And there goes the HFH front line!...

*CRACK*

JIM: Ohh!...Our favourite cermaic Heroes Pot-Plant, sends a skink into the ground.

STU: Looks like the orderlies are going to earn their wages this game Jim...Looks like they've collected most of his bits and carting them off...

JIM: Regrow that you scaley scum!!...

STU: Looks like Toobefor is a bit surrounded, there's Saurus and skinks galor stratching away at him...

JIM: Oh my! Moomin just got a talon to the throat.....there's bloody every where...

STU: Jeeeez! Guess those free ressurection scrolls from the SQUIG Commisioner are going to be needed really badly this game...

*CROWD: "TIIIIIM-BEERRRRR!"

STU: HOLY MOLEY.. there goes Toobefor, those ruddy saurus gang banged him...

JIM: Let's hope he gets revenge later.

STU: Let's hope he gets up Jim!

JIM: Well it seems his lad Po-Plant has noticed and is making his way...erm....is it his it "it's"..

STU..dunno mate..

JIM: Anyway Pot-Plant is making a desperate ..erm..run? to aim his old man...tree pos..

STU: Try not to think Jim....Looks like the earner move will aid....OH! Down goes our Pot-Plant. Must of tripped over that stunned saurus.

JIM: I see a skink with the ball, making it's way intot he HFH half..

STU:...Ouch! Sor Reen just hit the dirt, now blood as far as I can see...

JIM: No broken bones sticking out either. He looks out for the count....yes the orderlies are swiftly making their way onto the pitch to retrieve him.

STU: Looks like the lads are getting a pounding by the mass of saurus in the mid field...and the skink is very close to the line.

JIM:...look, like he's slowing down...why that slimy little...

STU: Don't worry, Kay Bob and Han Burg are making a dash for him.

STU: Ah! Tom Matto has seen him as well and is untangling himself from the saurus, he gonna join the...

*THUD*
*CROWD: "Ooooooow!"

STU: ..Maybe not he just got short-armed by a skink. An here come the orderlies again...

JIM: Oh My! Captain Hungerford just had a thundering elbow stick to the head....yes, I think it's a bad one there...yup more orderlies..

STU: ...That damned skink is hovering over the score line......he's taunting the HFH near him...

JIM: I think Chad Errs has seen what he's doing...yup, he gave those two forward skink the slip...

STU: The HFH are forming the classic "Sheep Dog"..

JIM: That's right, limit the buggers options and close down on him.

STU: AH DAMN! The skink gave Errs the finger and hopped over the line. One nil to the Lizards.

JIM: The boys got caught up in all those saurus, and we've got about 10 minutes of the first half to play.

STU: Let's hope the Heroes can pull off a good play here and even the score before patching up the survivers at half time.

JIM: Well replacements are back on, our mighty treemen are up and about and Goof is looking like the Halfling of the moment as the ball arcs down towards him.

STU: Well lets see what the lads will do, I see the line up is Toobefor and Pot-Plant on the right wing and scrimmage line..

JIM: ..Nuts to that, Goof has scooped up the ball and is pounding across the pitch to Chad Errs in the shadow of Toobefor...

STU: Just look at that potted killing machine go! He just swatted that Saurus out of Toobefors path!

JIM: Just as well as Goof hands off the ball to Chad Errs..

STU: Kay Bob has made a break for it down the right wing, nimbly edging past the waiting pair of skinks..

JIM: I THINK IT'S LAUNCH TIME!!....

STU: ...IT IS!....Toobefor hurls Errs far...far down field...

JIM: Not a bad landing by young Chads there, stumbled a bit but he's still going!

*CROWD ROAR *

STU: GO ON MY SON!....IT'S CHAD ERRS RACING FOR THE LINE! C'MOOOOOON!

JIM: YES, YES !!....HE'S NEARLY THERE, IT'S A............

*CROWD: AAAAaaaaah! *

STU: ...SLAP A DUCK! HE'S NOSE DIVED OVER THE LINE. HE'S DOWN....NOOOOOOooo!

JIM: DAMMIT! So close. Looks like the orderlies are out on the field again.

STU: *sigh* Yup, my guess bruised ribs. We won't see him for the rest of the match.

JIM: The back marker Skink has retreived the ball and is moving back towards the halfway line.

STU: There goes the whistle! The ref blows for half time, Lutria Bay Lizards lead one to nothing going into the half time break...

JIM: So close there, so close.....we'll be back with the start of the second half after this message from the match sponsors. Lars & Rasions, the scar pattern people....Stay tuned.......

SECOND HALF

AD-MAN: ".......so she knows you mean it. Wife-shackles by Shevanzit."

JIM: Welcome back to the the second half. The Lustria Bay Lizards have a single

touchdown lead over the Hundred Feet Heroes. Captain Hungerford, Chad Errs and

Moomim Terror languish in the apothecaries cart and we still see no sign of Tom

Matto and Sor Reen recovering consiousness for the second half start.

STU: They even tried waving a pile of sausages under their noses. Not a flicker

of response. They must really have been out of it!

JIM:..were they from the Gravy Train out back in the Cart Park? The ones with

big dobs of green mustard...

STU: STOP IT.....

JIM: Sorry....Ah the ref has summoned the teams onto the field and the HFH will

be on the receiving end...

STU: Problem is the receiving end of what!..

JIM: Yeah!......There goes the ball and...Oh that was a small child...I swaer

it!..

STU...My word, Diz Washer, seeing his first action of the match has been down

by a three year old!...he looks OK.

JIM: I think that's his mother retreiving him.

STU: Parents really must control their children!

*CROWD CHEERING*

JIM: The ball lands mid field and the play starts...Their goes young blood Goof

down the left wing assisted by Han Burg..

STU: Looks like they've singled out a skink for a double teaming...

*CROWD: Ahhhhhh!*

JIM: And that's the yong blood spilling blood!...

STU: That's Goof gone to the the Apoths..

JIM: Someone should tell him to not LITERALLY use his head when tackling...

STU...YUP!....Looks like Pot-Plant and Toobefor are taking on the entire

frontline of saurus...there's a couple on the floor in front of them but they

has plenty more to go through.

JIM: Kay Bob and a skink go head to head on the inner right flank..Oh they're

both down!

STU: No blood and guts so the teams may be able to get them back later on...

JIM: Kev Bacon..ball in hand is making his way through the press on bodies in

the centre field..

STU: ...he's going for the right flank...

*CROWD: HA-HA-HA-HA!! *

JIM: I don't think so, that saurus tail tripped him good and proper. YUP he's

out for the count.

STU: A skink in the packed masses in centre field grabs the ball as it bobbles

towards him.

*WHISTLE*

JIM: Their the ref, Jugger Orc sending off a skink after a blatant kick to Matt

Loafs donuts!...

STU:...skinks....their just so.....cold blooded!...

JIM: Han Burg on the left sees his opportunity on another skink....he's going

hell for leather at him...NO! Down he goes...

STU: Right in the face. A quick jab from the skink sends Burg to the

floor....orderlies away again....

JIM: He's moving but not with it...

STU: I'll give boys their due, they really are trying to give it their all.

JIM: Will it be enough? We'll see...the Lizards push forwards a few yards with

the ball. The HFH throwing bodies into the mix looking for a weekness...

STU: Pot-Plant is keeping a few of the saurus and skink busy at centre filed

right as does Toobefor on the right. Can they keep the Lizards at bay?

JIM: MARION THON JUST WENT DOWN!...I think is was a trip as he headed for a

stray skink! Oh Knockout!...NO! I see blood from his face...and that's all

Thon will see of this game...

STU: The skink with the ball makes a fast break down the HFH right flank, he's

just raced past the back markers!...

JIM: Diz Washer and Hammond Eggs in pursuit.....Yes! Washer just brought him

down..the balls loose....it's gone into the crowd!..

*CROWD: YAAAAAAAAY!! *

STU: Somebody has a good arm in there!...The ball has been launched into centre field...its going to hit Kay Bob!...IT DOES!..

JIM: No damage done but the ball is dangerously loose with all those saurus and skink about in the middle there!..

STU: Yet another skink slipps past the HFH lines, Bob is hurled out the way by a wayward saurus. It's got he ball...Just look at him go!..

JIM: Damn them, they're fast! and the seconds are ticking away to full time...

STU: It looks like a clear run for the skink to the endzone! Can the boys prevent the score?!...Diz Washer makes a run for the ball carrier..

JIM: ...well I don't think he saw that saurus coming. He just went down like a sack of spuds....

STU: WOW! What a fast touchdown! A common acheivement with these scaly beggers...The Skink is strutting his stuff in front of is fans..

*WHISTLE.............WHISTLE-WHISTLE*

STU: We'll that's it! The HFH lose two to nothing after a mediocre game. We saw a slight chance of equalising at the end of the first half.

JIM: It may have given the Heroes that little bit of insentive for the second, but the speed and sheer strength of the Lustri Bay Lizards just was too much for them..

STU: A quick check of the stats and its....5 KO and 5 CAS against the HFH with a CAS and a Sending off against the Lizards. A two nil loss that could of been alot worse with such a speedy opposition. This has been Stu for the Pugwash Press reporting to you live from the Dwentfeld Training Ground.

JIM: We'll see you soon as we follow the Heroes wagons to their next game. Tune in next week for our live commentary. I'm Jim and I'm a Heroe...Good night!

Hundred Feet Heroes VS Lutria Bay Lizards
SCORE: 0-2
CAS: 1-5
SO: 0-1

Reason: ''
"In Dodge We Trust"
Mad Mö
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mad Mö »

I´m waiting!
As a fan of the FC St.Pauli i´m clearly an underdog fan.
HFH go, go, go! :orc:

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

:D
This looks promising!

duttydave
Star Player
Star Player

Post by duttydave »

Looking forward to this. How was the first game then Pug?

GreyKnight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star
Location: Spreading the word of Nuffle in my robes, socks, and opened-toed sandals.

Post by GreyKnight »

Woot! I'll grab some pop-khorne and sit down, ready and eager to watch what happens.

:D

[color=gray][b]GreyKnight[/b][/color]
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

OK...first match report started...

"In Dodge We Trust"
GreyKnight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star
Location: Spreading the word of Nuffle in my robes, socks, and opened-toed sandals.

Post by GreyKnight »

Very cool introduction indeed. :D

Although I've never heard of a Treeman with the voice of a hoarse before! Is his full name Toobefor BlackBeauty perhaps?

:P

[color=gray][b]GreyKnight[/b][/color]
bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Hundred Feet Heroes- S.Q.U.I.G League Leicester - Blog

Post by bjorn9486 »

Pug wrote:JIM: Let's hope he gets revenge later.

STU: Let's hope he gets up Jim!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great report so far

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

....more done...

"In Dodge We Trust"
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Game 1 - Done!

"In Dodge We Trust"
DeathJester
Experienced
Experienced

Post by DeathJester »

Loved the commentary, brilliant bit of blogging.

-----------------------------------------------
Most CAS: Thrudbowl 2006, Spikey 2006, Poobowl 2007, Waterbowl 2007, Albabowl 2007
Stunty Cup: BBQ Bowl 2021

"Bloodbowl is better than crazy golf"
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

The 1st opening game of the season for the HFH will be tonight! The match has been sorted and I'll be playing against a human team, cunningly disguised as Space Marines!?!

Should be interesting!

"In Dodge We Trust"
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

SEASON 1
DAY 2
LEAGUE GAME 1

Hundred Feet Heroes VS Khornes Salamanders (Human)

ANNOUNCER: Liiive grid-iron coverage brought to you by CBS Sports, with our commentators, Stu and Jim!

JIM: Greeting Heroes! We come live from the Heroes home turf of Podgling Lane Fields. The makeshift seats are full of braying fans and there is a very good turn out of the meat and pie carts!

STU: It’s a very good turn out Jim. I estimate a mid twenty thousand fans out there, about an equal fifty/fifty split. The field is looking good, as always, perfectly maintained by local Halfling Gardner Jones.

JIM: The weather looks like it’s going to hold out well, a few smatterings of fluffy clouds and not a drop of rain or sleet to be seen on the horizon.

CROWD: “WHO ATE ALL THE PIES?.....WE DID!, WE DID!!....YAAAAAAARRR!”

STU: Seems the Halfling contingent of supports have got the festivities off to an early start and outdone the opposing fans

JIM: Well, we are at home . C’MON YOU HEEEEROES!

STU: Thanks Jim! That’s my ear drum gone.

JIM: Sorry Stu.

STU:…what??....

JIM: Anyway…Captain Hungerford of the Heroes and The Salamanders captain are out in centre field with the ref.

STU: I see it’s Sleezit Backhand formerly of the Dirty Blighters skaven squad. An awesome gutter runner in his day. Shame he turned Ref though! How the mighty have fallen…

JIM: And it…..yes the Heroes win the toss….Hungerford has signalled the rest of the heroes into a receiving formation.

STU: looks like it’s ….GAME OOOOON!!

CROWD: “BIG BAPS, BIG BAPS!..WE ALL LIKE BIG BAPS!.....YEEEEEAH!”

JIM: My word the Heroes supporters really are up for a game today, just listen to them go….the balls up in the air…deep into the HFH back field.

STU: Kay Bob scoops up the ball and races towards the left wing.

JIM: I’m watching Toobefor and our special Heroes Pot-Plant lay into most of the centre field humans. They seem determined to get deep into the thick of it.

STU: I see Moomim Terror building up speed and heading for the left wing defenders……WOW! A sensational head butt sends one of the Salamanders catchers bowling into the crowd.

CROWD: “YEEEAH!”

JIM: Seems there are more humans in that part. They are just passing him over their heads to the Salamanders dugout orderlies.

STU: That’s just not right Jim. I didn’t see one of them try to knife him..

JIM: Yeah, not real supporters are they!

STU: Back at centre field Pot-Plant slams a lineman to the floor and edges to the left of centre.

JIM: I think he’s going to cover that area as Han Burg, Tom Matto, Chad Errs and Matt Loaf take up guard positions around Kay Bob.

STU: I think your right Jim, I also see Hungerford and Goof coming up from rear field to cover.

JIM: Well we are in for a treat. We have the lesser seen Halfling Huddle forming up.

STU: Your right, usually there aren’t enough players about to form one. Nuffle must be smiling on the boys!

JIM: Moomin, happy with disposing of the catcher has opted to go it alone deep into the oppositions half.

STU: Excellent display of foot work by the North Mootian, he’s managed to end up at the Salamanders centre field.

JIM: I see another Hero making a break into the Salamanders half from the right wing…It’s…it’s …Kev Bacon making a break.

STU: Looks like he’s trying to draw a few human players away there. Brave move without support.

JIM: I think he wears a girdle Stu.

STU: Thanks Jim…….Toobefor is doing a sterling job of wading about the Salamanders centre line. I see 3 lineman and a blitzer trying desperately to get the treeman down.

CROWD: “Booooooo!”

JIM: OH-YEAH! Pot-Plant Just surfed one of the Salamanders Blitzer’s.

STU: Did it in the same place as Moomim earlier….yup the crowd are just tickling him…the shame!

JIM: Bacon on right win has been caught up in a toe-to-toe match up with the Salamanders remaining catcher on the right wing.

CROWD: TIIIIIIMBEEEEER!”

STU: OH MY! An audacious move by the Salamanders Captain! He just hurled himself at Toobefor. They’ve bother gone down!!

JIM: Toobefor looks ruffled but Okay, but I think the Salamanders main man won’t be getting up for a few minutes!

STU: I see a lone lineman making a break back down his own left wing to cover the Heroes advance.

JIM: Chad Errs and Goof are in hot pursuit..

STU:….Tom Matto sends a massive hammer blow into the lineman! He just came hell for leather out on nowhere!

JIM: That guy ain’t moving….the orderlies are waiting for the signal…yup there they go!

STU:..there’s blood absolutely pouring out from under his helmet. His head doesn’t look quite right…..

JIM: First blood to the Heroes! Let’s hope we see more!

STU: More casualties to the Salamanders Jim!

JIM: Yup!

CROWD: “Oooooh!”

STU: Right field Kev Bacon has gone down. A sneak backhander by the catcher as Bacon tried to get away…

JIM:..More orderlies on……there carting him off to the recuperation section of the HFH dugout…hopefully we’ll see him later…

STU: Kay Bob still in possession of the ball races down the left flank and jinks past a defender into centre field…he’s still got surrounding help.

JIM: The defenders are busy tied up with the Pot-Plant…Toobefor on the ground..

STU: …The Salamanders are trying to regroup to stop Bob…

JIM:..IT@S BOB WITH THE BALL HEADING FOR THE LINE…THERE’S NO-ONE TO STOP HIM!!....

STU: SCOOOOOOOORE! KAY BOB SCORES! HOOO-YAAAR!

CROWD: “YEEAAAAAAAAAAARRRHH!!!”

JIM: YEAAAH! ONE TO NOTHING HEROES….IT’S A GREAT DAY!!

CROWD: “WE ONLY SING WHEN WE’RE WINNING! WE ONLY SING WHEN WE’RE WINNING!... WE ONLY SING WHEN WE’RE WiiiiiiiiiiiiiiINNING!...”

STU: Well and awesome bit of group work by the HFH, they left the humans standing…literally!

JIM: Marvellous, just marvellous. Those early exits of the Blitzer and Catcher on the left win gave the HFH the opening they needed to scamper down field en mass.

STU: A good start!. We’re halfway to the halftime break and the teams are resetting. Salamanders to receive.

JIM: Kev Bacon still languishes unconscious so on comes No 9 Sor Reen to replace him till he recovers.

STU: Ref blows the whistle and away we go again!

JIM: Hungerford kicks the ball…its deep…DEEEP! Into the Salamanders half! It’s in the endzone!

STU: Just look at Errs and Goof go! They’ve just leapt through the wing defences. They’re both advancing on the ball from both wings.

JIM: Looks like Matt Loaf has the same idea, he’s passing through the gap on the right wing….oww! unfair!....He’d down..

STU:…A cloths line from a blitzer brings Loaf to the floor just behind the Salamanders heavy front line.

CROWD: “ TiiiiimBEEERRRRRR!!”

JIM: Strike me down with a kipper, Toobefor on the front line, just didn’t take that hit well, he’s down on the field a lineman tangled in his feet…..root…things….

STU: Seems the Salamanders have decided just to throw players at him….seems to be working unfortunately.

JIM: He looks more annoyed than hurt…

STU: Goof and Matto just approaching the retreating catcher at the rear of the Salamanders half…it’s just them and him!

JIM: Matto lays a flying tackle at the catcher, bowling him away….MATTO ROLLS…DIVES FOR THE BALL…!!

STU:….GO-OOOON MATTO!!!.....

JIM:…HE’S STRUGGLING WITH THE BALL!.....AH HE’S DROPPED IT…..

STU:…GOOOF! WATCH THE CATCHER! WATCH THE CATCHER !!...

JIM:…HE’S UP AND AROUND THE FLAPPING MATTO!...THE CATCHERS GOT THE BALL!...
CROWD: *ROOOOOOOAR!*

STU: GET HIIIIM! BRING HIM DOOOWN!....YEAAAH!...

JIM: …Phew! Matto brings down the catcher with a quick swipe of a hand to his foot. The balls in the endzone still!

STU:..Goof chargers across field to cover…

JIM:Ther catchers up again, …..Ball retrieved…..Ah Matto takes a full strike to the chin and he’s down and out cold…The seconds are running out!..

STU:…Another Hero down, a snidey boot from a lineman sends the orderlies on for…Chad Errs!..

WHISTLE-WHIIIIISTLE!

JIM: Well what a first half!

STU: You can say that again Jim! We see a wonderful play by the HFH to lead the game one nil and a possible second by and aggressive line up for the second drive with the HFH making most of it by putting pressure deep in the Salamanders half.

JIM: I Think taking out that catcher at the back end of the Salamanders field slightly dazed old Tom Matto, by guess as to why he failed to grab the ball.

STU: Fair dues must go to that catcher though! He made a good effort of protecting and getting possession of the ball!

JIM:…hmmmm….I suppose…

STU: So, While the burgers are still available! Jim and I will leave you to the adverts! We’ll see you shortly for the start of the second have.

JIM: Stay tuned with Jim & Stu, courtesy of CBS Sport…

"In Dodge We Trust"
pelle
Super Star
Super Star

Post by pelle »

When does the second half start?

Most Touchdowns @ NAF World Cup 2007.
The Goblin Slaughter Fest 2509 Champion.
Massacre Day III Champion.
Most CAS @ Oberonn Smack 2009
bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

STU:...skinks....their just so.....cold blooded!...
Best line ever!

Love your action reports Pug