swntzu's Khemri blog

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

swntzu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by swntzu »

Ok here's an update:

Playoffs have started and I was drawn against turdinass and his orcs. TR difference was only 210 so no Ithaca or Setekh which was disappointing. In the end I chose a wizard (who ended up doing not much with his fireball) and a babe (who never got used).

In the end I beat him 2-1 after I scored in the first with a classic 8 turn drive. My ball carrier got sacked once but I was able to recover the ball.

The second half consisted of my opponent scoring in two turns and allowing me to grind out for the win. This time it was a more academic affair and I bashed my way down the pitch.

As for casualties, one skelly went out and regenerated. I did a couple of KOs but they all came back. The tomb guardians were never really in danger as they were the once doing the hitting all game.

I was thoroughly surprised that I won since I chose the wrong inducements and turdinass is a much better player than I am. Anyway my next playoff game is against Dark Elves loaded up with dodge so it looks like the dream is soon to be over.

Reason: ''
swntzu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by swntzu »

Alas it was not to be for the Khemri. In Game 8 they were truly elfed and went down 2-1 to the Dark Elves. Two casualties were scored by one blitz-ra which was very handy.

The game started in the pouring rain so I elected to kick. The weather then promptly changed to nice. Being an elf, my opponent scored in three turns without too much trouble (using a blodge sidestepper :(). When receiving, I managed to jump under the ball using kick off return and catch it before grinding up the field to level the score at 1-1 at half time. During this time, I managed to KO a witch elf and his assassin managed to CAS himself after failing a dodge. the fact that he couldn't break skelly armour also helped.

All set for the 2-1 grind out, I made a mistake in turn 4 and the ball carrier was sacked again. A very favourable scatter for him meant that he was able to control the ball from there on. At this point there were 5 elves on the pitch but yet again Mr Blodge Sidestep made an insane number of dodges to eventually score. :(

In the end it wasn't the 6-0 drubbing that I was expecting and I probably should have won but that's the way the game is. I have a feeling that the game would have been significantly worse if he had managed to get some skellies off the pitch.

It's been an interesting few months with Khemri although not always fun. Four reliable S5 players is very nice but when you have minimal ball handling abilities you really need them. The team are now going back in their box permanently while I practice with my amazons.

Hope some of this feedback was useful.

Reason: ''