THE ARKHAM ASYLUM BLOOD BOWL TEAMS

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: THE ARKHAM ASYLUM BLOOD BOWL TEAMS

Post by Digger Goreman »

Why is a starting vampire team like a fish on a unicycle...?

It's gonna fall down and flop until it dies....

And so it went today against starting humans with an Ogre and NO rerolls....

:|

Reason: ''
LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

No joy, today, either.... Necros vs fresh Lizardmen.... I kept count and I boned out the first die roll of 9 out of 16 turns.... Yow...! Lucky it was only a 0-2 score....

The teams are, despite the mixed records, in reasonable shape....

Dead Dread (Undead) WTL: 1-0-0
TV 113, SPP 17, Currently 3rd in the League with 116 pts.
20k banked; 3 RR; 1 FF
3x Zombies, SPPs: 0,0,0
1x Skeleton, SPPs: 0
4x Ghouls, (1x +St), SPPs: 0,0,5,7
2x Wights, SPPs: 0,2
2x Mummies, SPPs: 0,2

Fangoria Fangsters (Vampire) WTL: 1-0-1
TV 107, SPP 29, Currently 5th in the League with 100.70 pts.
10k banked; 4 RR; 1 FF; 1 AC; 1 CL; Apothecary
9x Thralls (1x Wrestle), SPPs: 3,2,0,0,0,12,2,0,2
3x Vamps, SPPs: 5,2,1

Grave Determination (Necros) WTL: 1-0-1
TV 107, SPP 26, Currently 7th in the League with 98.83 pts.
10k banked; 3 RR; 1 FF
6x Zombies (1x MNG), SPPs: 5,0,2,0,0,2
1x Ghoul (newly acquired), SPPs: 0
1x Wight, SPPs: 1
2x Flesh Golems, SPPs: 5,2
2x Werewolves (1x +Mv), SPPs: 6,3

The League Ladder
Rank Pts. Team Name Race TV SPP
1 119.50 The Good Guys Human 112 33
2 117.17 Sleestacks Lizardman 97 19
3 116.00 Dead Dread Undead 113 17
4 108.89 Greens Slann 101 12
5 100.70 Fangoria Fangsters Vampire 107 29
6 100.00 Wicked Weasels Human 100 0
7 98.83 Grave Determination Necro 107 26
8 87.00 Midgit Idgits Ogre 101 7
9 84.00 Wild Women 3 Zons 100 13
10 84.00 Elf Cheese Dark Elf 105 10

Next weekend we roll on...!

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Bell curves my arse.... Nuffle ruled today.... :-?

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Instead of concentrating just on my teams, I'll start giving the League Ladder reports....
The headings would be: League Points; Team Name; Race; TV; and SPP.... Numbers in yellow haven't been updated....

As of 08 Aug 10

139.95 The Good Guys Human 110 47
118.53 Wicked Weasels Human 100 0
117.17 Sleestacks Lizardman 97 19
113.22 Grave Determination Necro 119 46
108.89 Greens Slann 101 12
100.70 Fangoria Fangsters Vampire 107 29
97.47 Dead Dread Undead 103 27
84.00 Wild Women Zons 100 13
72.61 Midgit Idgits Ogre 103 11
69.55 Elf Cheese Dark Elf 105 10

The Good Guys have rode a tie and two wins into a fairly commanding first place.... This team has just bought it's first reroll (spent two games without one) and have just out-coached the competiton so far.... The Wicked Weasels have only played one game, but embarrassed the Dead Dread 0-3! The dice-lock spell obviously worked to perfection....
Likewise, the Sleestacks shut-out the Grave Determination (0-2) to give them their only loss.... Said Grave Determination leap-frogged the Greens on the strength of a "small points" game upon being challenged by the Midgit Idgits.... The 2-0 score belies the frustration and toughness of going against the Masterful Aahz.... A tie was likely till the last three turns of the game when one Ogre bone-headed twice in a row and another found the first aid station from a werewolf blitz.... The Dead Dread are trying to come to grips with humanoids, handling the Zons well in their first game and nuffling the pooch thoroughly in the second.... It didn't help that the Weasels coach played his best game to date and made near zero mistakes.... A heart-breaker, if the undead had a heart.... The Fangsters have been up and down, spending money on attrition, but ultimately adding a 9th "Lunchable" to the three Vampire masters running the team (into the ground, some would quip!).... The Wild Women scored late in their only game, a loss, and are hoping to dodge back up the ladder rungs.... The Midgit Idgits were looking to get into the middle of the hunt, but challenged a stronger Necro team and couldn't quite pull it off.... The Delfs have just plain not knocked the ice off their dice... inexplicably dropping two gremlinned games to Necros and Humans....

Next weekend the Dead Dread are looking for all new wallets vs the Sleestacks.... Report to follow....

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Ummmm, yeah, "wallets" outta Lizard skins.... :oops: Let's just say that the unmitigated dice disaster left the Fangsters de-thralled against the Sleestacks.... One thrall niggled (and let go), one thrall dead (and now the Sleestacks own thrall-skin wallets).... The Vamps will be forced to play with a journeyman next game (less calories, same great taste)....

Yesterday wouldn't get any better for the Undead stable: the dice seemingly reaching 0 degrees Kelvin.... Dead Dread challenged the untouchable Good Guys human team and played more like the keystone cops (gravestone drops?) than any semblance of a football team.... Wight Oglaf needed only a stretch into the endzone for his first points of the season and (naturally) laid unconcious with the ball beside him in the endzone.... Nuffle on call... that's all...! The best the shambling shysters could do is a -Ag cum Niggle on the GG Ogre.... Pundits are claiming the "back injury" is a "smarter-than-average" player's way of getting a game off.... Others quip that play will improve without him.... Either way, the Good Guys are invincible... for now....

Rank Pts. Team Name Race TV SPP
1 167.09 The Good Guys Human 113 79
2 128.42 Sleestacks Lizardman 115 36
3 118.53 Wicked Weasels Human 100 21
4 113.22 Grave Determination Necro 119 46
5 108.89 Greens Slann 109 22
6 98.62 Dead Dread Undead 131 48
7 89.45 Fangoria Fangsters Vampire 105 34
8 72.61 Midgit Idgits Ogre 103 11
9 68.47 Wild Women 3 Zons 100 13
10 56.79 Elf Cheese Dark Elf 117 35

Fortunately, life is not all doom and gloom for the failed Dread: While the ghouls dropped 3 of 4 short passes last game, they are still the glory hounds: Beef Eaton is St4; Goat Eaton is a blodger and Pork Eaton is a blodge-fender.... Even Gizzard Eaton has a TD to his infamous name.... The wights and mummies are flailing about, but only getting one cas a game as a corp(se) unit... two by mummy Paul Verizon, one by his mate Paul Driver, one by Wight Sinfest and none by the lacadaisical Oglaf.... The three zombies, so far have been a wash.... The skeletal linebacker positions have boned up with the acquisition of R.L. Spine to stiffen the resolve of Mary Skelly.... This will enable Dead Dread to put the Pauls on the line and keep two zombies in reserve for the inevitable rainy day.... So, at TV131, un-life isn't as bad as it might be.... :)

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Back from the grave... so to speak....

Had to slack off play till getting a fix on my new training program (RL) and have been increasing play since.... We've played free-style, with a mandated house-rule requiring 1/2 (rounded down) of your players must be linemen (your 0-16 position)... and I've gone from Necro-Undead-Vampires to Necro-Undead-Khemri (you bring the cheese... I bring the cheese!).... We're talking about reconstituting the Ladder as being the most perfect, yet imperfect, system we've played with.... The Bank rules that should've been in LRB6 are also popular....

I continue to be a much better Necro coach than either Undead or Khem-cheese.... I've played 6 of 9 games with the Grave Diggers II and crushed similar TV undead and (recently) norse.... The team still feels new (even at 4 wins 1 draw and 1 loss) and is composed of:

3 rerolls 4 FF 50k bank 133 TV

5x zombies with 2/4/0/4/5 spp
1x Norse zombie with 2 spp
1x Ghoul zombie with 0 spp

1x Ghoul with 6 spp and block
1x Ghoul with 5 spp
1x Wight with 6 spp and guard
1x Wight with 11 spp and guard
1x Golem with 0 spp
1x Golem with 2 spp
1x Werewolf with 14 spp and block
1x Werewolf with 30 spp and blodge

Dead Blast (Undead) has played two games (both losses) and has no skill ups.... 3 rerolls, 0 FF and 30k bank, 4 zeds 2/0/0/2 spp, 2 skellies (one niggled with 5 spp and one with no spp), 2 ghouls at 4/1 spp, 2 wights at 5/0 spp, and 2 mummies at 2/0 spp.... 101 TV

Sand Storm (Khemcheese) gravely underperformed in its one rainy day game: 3 rerolls, 0 FF, 20k bank, 3 skellies, 2 journeymen, 1 skellie MNG/-ma, 4 guardians 0/5/2/4 spp, and 2 blitz-ras 2/2 spp.... 99 TV

Glad to be back in the saddle... though Nuffle hasn't forgiven me yet.... :cry: :orc:

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Pics of the players:
Zombies 1-8
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ghouls:
ImageImage
Wights:
ImageImage
Golems:
ImageImage
Werewolves:
ImageImage
Turn Marker/Coach, Reroll Counter (with double-double skulls), and Touchdown Counter:
ImageImageImage

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Additional personnel to allow for Undead and Khemri options:

"Stand In" Mummies (till I get mine painted):
ImageImage
Skeletons:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
More Ghouls:
ImageImage
Nuffle and an Old Ref for a "Bribe Token":
ImageImage
Dice Tower:
Image Image Image Image
Front/Side/Other Side/Back (BoxTron Jumbo Screen)

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Good to see you posting again. I was worried you'd left this forum ;).

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Thanks, JaM, I did for a little while... getting adjusted to a rigorous training schedule (Medical Assistant).... I've found my groove and niche, now, being able to balance work/school/hobby.... Direct and indirect results of the American economy have ruined parts of my life, but I've embraced the change and am rebuilding.... :)

Being between school modules and having the joy of being "pestered" for games... I actually got to play three of them back to back! My current teams are: Grave Diggers II (Necro) 4-1-1 (WTL), Dead Blast (Undead) 0-1-2, and Sand Storm (Khemri) 1-0-2....

The first game pitted the Sand Storm, playing 330k down, to the Ork Ridge Boys.... "Typical" Nuffle-fest, with me skulling out early on at least 5 turns.... Nevertheless, with the adroit help of Setekh, my lack of scoring was constantly a near miss.... My fans pelted the Orks with souvenir balls (50k card) in the early game, but it only "nearly" got the team a score.... Late game, frustrated and needing to take a leak, my coach missed the primo chance to get that bored-arsed wizard (50k card) to throw a fireball, and the Ork blitzer did his thing and scored the only TD of the game.... The wizard was prodded into action for an attempted 2-turn ending drive, but his aim was terrible and ineffective.... The Sand Storm raged... but was wasted upon the stout Ork Ridge....

Second game was an even up affair of Dead Blast against a "newcomer" Orc Team.... "T" has played off and on for the past year, and just now entered the League.... I put him on a "provisional" 4-minute timer, while keeping to it myself... (i.e., he was never penalized for time running out).... I must say that he made few mistakes, his game kept getting better, and by game's end he was beating the clock...! End product: tie game, 1-1.... Nicely done, "T"....

Third game was with "M", an old 40k Skavener.... An experienced gamer, yet he's only played three games of BB before.... He wanted to try Chaos and I trotted out the Sand Storm.... His inducements were a wandering apothecary (good choice) and a Bloodweiser Babe (also good choice).... For the first time in 20 years, Nuffle cursed someone besides me...! My dice were in a plasma-tic state of being and the game was never in doubt.... Great kudos to "M" as he took it all in stride.... My one skill on the team was a Mighty Blow guardian... and he did three casualties, skilling up with magical doubles to take Block! The one sweet moment for "M" was when a Guardian of mine accidentally caught a bouncing ball :o and he blitzed him down on a 1/2 dicer.... The ball went bounding over many bodies and a turn later a skeleton was "racing" down the sideline.... By this time, quarter way through the game, the Chaos players were literally stacked up in the casualty and (primarily) knock out boxes.... By turn two, one Chaos warrior was blitzed to death, but saved by the wandering apothecary and put into BH status (reserves)... his beastmen were thinning out... and his Minotaur was fouled (BH).... Despite having half a team, "M" coached them well and, with a little kicking help, scrummed the ball effectively and kept the Storm from getting a third TD.... So, despite nasty, ugly luck, the final was only 2-0.... I did skill up a second player (Blitz-ra) with another double (5+5) and gave him Sidestep....
The Chaos team faired ok for the beating they took: only one player not returning immediately (-Ag Beastman)....

So the overall day was a draw, but kept getting better as it went on.... We'll see what today brings....

Our coalescing league has two tactical house rules: One half of your team (rounded down) must be linemen, and we use the LRB6 "Bank" rules....

A brief synopsis of my teams:
Grave Diggers II (Necro)
7 Zombies (one Norse and one Ghoul) no skills
2 Ghouls (one with block)
2 Wights (both with Guard)
2 Flesh Golems
2 Werewolves (one blodger and one block only)

Dead Blast (Undead)
4 Zombies (one with Kick, one mng with a niggling)
2 Skeletons (one with a niggling)
3 Ghouls (one with block)
2 Wights
2 Mummies

Sand Storm (Khemri)
6 Skeletons (one -Mv)
1 Thrower (new addition)
4 Tomb Guardians (one with MiB + Block)
2 Blitzers (one with Sidestep)

Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

Nice blog!

I couldn't help but notice it, as I'm in the process of repainting (minis originally done in the 90's) and reworking my own non-undead Arkham Asylum themed team :)

Hoping my out of practice and unremarkable painting skills can do them justice.

I do also have a necro team (which didn't exist when I used to play) in the works so it was a good read...

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Daht wrote:Nice blog!

I couldn't help but notice it, as I'm in the process of repainting (minis originally done in the 90's) and reworking my own non-undead Arkham Asylum themed team :)

Hoping my out of practice and unremarkable painting skills can do them justice.

I do also have a necro team (which didn't exist when I used to play) in the works so it was a good read...
Very kind of you to say so.... When I thought of the insanity of playing Blood Bowl... AA just came to mind! Of course my AA is post-zombie apocalypse with the Undead running the show....

Today was another great day for the Asylum.... Nuffle be blessed for the first half running well, as the second was a chaotic joke (with a fortunate, raspingly dry chuckle at the end)....

From the glowing sewers came a cheesy smell... the Immoral Combat, Skaven team had invaded the Killing Fields with their Rat Ogre coach bellowing orders to "Warp them into their graves!" Dead Blast (Undead) was their chosen target: Fame and kick to the furballs and the game was on...!

The first half was all Blast...! Though the little buggers twisted and scampered their way out of most deadly situations, only a few linerats, the rat ogre and two blitzers survived the first turnover and touchdown.... Owt2Lunch (ghoul) makes it 1-0....

The two GRs and two linerats FAIL to recover from the KO pit....

The rats only fielded seven.... Then the weirdest two drives started out the same way: Pitch Invasions.... Both times the Skaven coach rolled several 5s/6s, including BOTH mummies (Carl and Bud) being stunned.... Fortunately, Bootsy Funk Collins (zombie) kicked the ball deep enough to allow some time to recover.... A missed opportunity at a blitz from the ground and the rats watched Take Owt score his first goal....

Another kick off and another Invasion... and both mummies grounded (among others) again.... I was SOOOOO up in Nuffle's grinning face!!! Nevertheless, down so many players, it was another turn over (in my half this time) and Owt2Lunch had his second TD.... The poor rats had one last turn to gain some dignity and Nuffle would have none of it.... I rolled a blitz and injured his last GR... once again getting only a BH on him.... Night Haunt's (Wight) grimace turned sour as the Rat Ogre roared into the air... and kept roaring... even after the Skaven Coach roared back at him (reroll of Wild Animal succeeds and the reroll is a 1)....

Game over: 3-0 Dead Blast over Immoral Combat....

The SPPs were spread out too much for any skills.... Just enough gold was garnered to empty the coffins for our last ghoul....

Dead Blast (Undead)
TV 115, 3 RR, 2 FF
Zombies:
Alfred Scopes 2spp
Groan Collins 5spp
Gimpy McGee 0spp (niggling)
Bootsy Funk Collins 7spp Kick
Skeletons:
Rattles 5spp (niggling)
Hannah Rexia 0spp
Ghouls:
Owt Furrabite 0spp (new hire)
Take Owt 3spp
Owt2Lunch 13 spp Block
Dinowt 3spp
Wights:
Chills 5spp
The Night Haunt 2spp
Mummies:
Carl 4spp
Bud 2spp

In today's other game, The Bad Moon Bears (Goblins) tied the Xaositects (Chaos) 1-1....

The Reconstituted Ladder:
(colors denote coaches)
Pts.
136 Ork Ridge Boys (Ork)
133 Grave Diggers II (Necro)
122 Sand Storm (Khemri)
114 Dead Blast (Undead)
104 Xaositects (Chaos)
104 Bad Moon Bears (Goblin)
100 (unnamed) Orcs
094 Immoral Combat (Skaven)

One coach is on vacation and will be back in the ladder in a week or two....

Mango
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mango »

Hey mate, where are the mummy and golem models from? they look pretty interesting

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Mango wrote:Hey mate, where are the mummy and golem models from? they look pretty interesting
The Mummies are my former Golems... Reaper Models "Clay Golem" and "Lab Mutant"....

The Golems are Mage Knight Zombies (Metal).... You can get them off of Ebay for about $5 USD.... They're pretty ubiquitous, so don't let that "rare" bs go by.... With a tiny bit of greenstuff, the arm of the Golems can be placed up or down to give a different look to the same model.... Though, if you ask me, two man-made frankensteins should look similar....

Mango
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mango »

awesome, thanks for the info