THUG TANK - Goon Squad Orc Blog - 29 (Semi Final)

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mad Mö
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mad Mö »

Whoot?
Da Goons are da toughest green bunch ò blood bowlers on da southern half of dis planet.
So do not chicken out.
Make one of dat cunning plans!
Apart from smash da opposite team....
Go Goons! :orc:

Reason: ''
jammydodger
Experienced
Experienced

Post by jammydodger »

have to agree - sometimes you just have to go out there and wait for your head to be pounded in! hope for low armour rolls and lots of skulls on his part - sometimes even might blow won't make a difference!

jammer / cws

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

I love talk Blood bowl!

Thanks for the support Guys, It's good to know that you're reading and watching!
Skarsnikk wrote:Oh and when are you due to play?
It's supposed to be Tuesday, but I have an intense course running that week, so we're going to try to play tomorrow night.

~

Oh, And don't dispair... I'm going to play to win! I won't settle for anything less than BABBL GOLD!

I'm doing it for you guys now!

~ bouf - Find me on Board Game Geek
Or find me on YouTube!
Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skarsnikk »

Great news! Thats less time to wait in anticipation :D

For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Go Goons !!

Indeed the toughest squad on the southern half. At least, the most famous one. :D

Ogres might have the strength, but I'm sure they dont have the speed and skills of "Ze Goons". You have the same or better (compared to snotlings) armour. You Will Beat This Team ! You Are Going To Win !! The Goons Are Badass !!!

GO GOONS !!!! :D

Baduk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baduk »

well bouf, I'm certainly looking forward to your future reports of the next few matches (I have faith in the goons!).

good luck in minimizing casualties on your side though

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

Bouf, focus on the snotlings. When he has no more players than 6 ogres, you could smash them. I think you should try a combined tactic of scoring and hitting. Specially with the snots. Biff can really make the difference here... and let your gobbo play, especially when you have a lot of holes in the opponent's defence...

You also have 4 BOB and a Troll, so there's not a lot of differences between their strength and yours. And if you win the toss, the game is yours...

Good Luck!

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

“SMASH the Entire Area!”

The Goons went in against the Airheads a little nervous… They are the Season’s most lethal team and only one casualty behind the Goons for Season totals. An easy nut to crack, but could possibly shatter my teeth when eaten!

I took a 100K card and Drew Butterfingers, he drew Chainsaw (Uh-Oh!) and Orcidias Sponsorship (plus 2 Apothecaries and a Babe) I lost the coin toss, and lost the fame (Snake-eyes) and when I kicked I rolled another Riot (every finals game the Goons have played this season have started with a Riot? Bloody overexcited Goon Fans???) It all wasn’t very pretty… The Airheads Blitzed Biff into the K/O Bin right away and Badly Hurt Ricky Wallpo-Nutz. I have to be honest here… I was less that excited about15 more turns here. I smacked a few Ogres about and Blitzed a snotling off the pitch. In fact every snotling I hit was injured for the whole game… Seriously, Knock down, Break AV, Injured! Every time, without fail!

The Airheads AG3 Ogre (now with MA6, Sprint & Sure Feet) moved into an Ogre cage and the Goons tried to press the advantage, and the way they did that was to kick for the Brain! Andy Pipkin, the Goons Dirty Player, started kicking and his legs never stoped swinging all game… The Ogres were determined to Pile On and Andy was determined to punish them. After Randal Graves piled on Andy got the Boot in and injured him, getting him out of the match. A Snotling returned the favour against the “Incredible Bulk” and stunned him with the Ref ejecting the little lemming. Each turn, if an Ogre Piled On or was knocked over then Andy Kicked them. Randal scored after turn 5 and he Ogres were ahead 1-0 but they were punished for it. With one Pile On Ogre Injured and another Knocked out they were looking a little thin on the line… The Orcs came on strong and were fouling their hearts out. A TD by Chuck in T8 tied the match.

At the half, the Ogres were reduced to 5 players. Yet more fouling and yet another TD by the now fast moving Chuck and the Goons are ahead 2-1. Randal managed a Blitz on Busta and it looked as though he may miss the semi Finals. The Goons Apothecary helped him back to the pitch and reports suggest that he’ll indeed be ready for the next game The score became second priority to the real show the Goons were showing. Andy kicked the hips off Randal (with the Airheads Apo to scared to help out) and the Airheads were reduced to three lonely Ogres with 4 more turns to play. The Goons tried as they might to get the ball into the hands of a BoB for a third point, but the Blockers were just not willing to cooperate.

All up Andy attempted 12 Fouls, Inflicted 2 casualties and 2 K/Os and the Ref was totally disinterested in ejecting him. The Ref even gave a little cheer when Randal was crippled! It really showes what kind of Bloodbowl the Goons are interested in playing to win the BABBL Bowl... They fought dirtier tonight than even the Sin Bin Pylons. It was a real filthy display of bloodlust and merciles violence!

With the Apothecary burned in T11, it was a little nerve racking still, but the Goons came out WAY ahead. Sadly, The Knock out blow that Biff copped on the chin, clean knocked him out for the whole match. It was suggested that he required assistance out of the stadium. It is unknown if he will be fighting fit for next match... but it is a testament to his toughness that he copped a Pile Driver from an Ogre and insisted that he not be moved to the Injury Bin.

~

Now on to the Semis! I was worried that the Goons were going to cop it sweet. I came out not only with a Tidy win & 2 Casualty Hat-tricks, but I also came out at full strength! The whole Goons line is ready for the Semi Finals against either the CCC or the Circus. Hopes are high that the Circus will be eliminated by the CCC, but either way... Hopes are higher that the winner will have suffered at the hands of their opponent.

My victory tonight signals the end of a 3 season finals slump. This is the first time I’ve advanced this far and even if I lose my next match, I have a Shot at Bronze! I will be watching very closely the next few BABBL matches to see who I’ll be meeting... This is going to be tense!

Or find me on YouTube!
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

YES !!! Very nice work there, I (almost) knew they were gonna make it ! :D

Congrats on the well deserved win !

Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skarsnikk »

Way to go Goons!!!!!!!!!!

I knew the bad boys from Rocky Mountain would smash their way to victory and all without their star player Biff! Gotta love it when the ref forgets his glasses!

I'll go pray to some god or another that the Circus & Carnival bash the living snot out of each other and you can clean up the remnants.

For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

Come on Bouf! This is your year! :wink: And Biff will be the MVP of the league!

Mad Mö
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mad Mö »

Great one!
Year of the Goons!
Year of the Goons!
Year of the Goons! :orc:

bouf
Friend of Bumblef**k

Post by bouf »

the 'Year of the Goon'...

I like that!

Or find me on YouTube!
MyKi#1
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MyKi#1 »

Hey Bouf you get more support here than on Ausbowl, its great to see so many rabid Goon fans from different corners of the globe.

GO GOONS!

MyKi

Back 2 Back Ausbowl Wooden Spooner!
Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skarsnikk »

I'm not rabid, I just froth and dribble a bit!......Oh wait.....