Hashuts-Chosen Texans - A rookie Chaos-Dwarf story

Every team has a story. If you want to tell the BB world yours, then this is the place to do it.

Moderator: TFF Mods

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Hashuts-Chosen Texans - A rookie Chaos-Dwarf story

Post by LJCA »

LOGO COMPLETE-page-001.jpg
Imaginary dramatic music and Fluff background intro... :D

The Dwarf race has been playing Bloodbowl since its inception and those known as the 'Dawi-Zharr' or 'Fire-Dwarfs' are no different.

These dark-souled warriors long ago turned their backs on their kin of the World Edge Mountains whom they consider weak unadventurous cowards.

The Dawi-Zharr dared to travel beyond the Great Skull Land and into the Mountains of Mourn where they built (or rather their screaming slaves did) colossal cities of stone and forged great empires. From these mighty endevours they eye of the evil Bull-God Hashut the 'Father of Darkness' was caught, Hashut bestowed his Chaos 'blessings' on those mosty worthy, culminating in the mutation of bull and dwarf - the mighty Bull-Centaurs!

These chosen of Hashut never forgot their battle and blood lust for Bloodbowl and scoured the records of Nuffle to find a fitting homage to their dark lord Hashut. Low and behold a team known as the Texans wore the bull emblem, a perfect tribute!

Hobgoblins, Chaos-Dwarfs and even monstrous Minotaurs are now led by Bull-Centaurs Zlatan and Rykarth to form the most prominent of the Chaos-Dwarf teams...

Hashuts-Chosen Texans travel far and wide within the old world to find worthy Bloodbowl opponents (or rather victims) to quench their battle and blood lust and provide more sacrifices to the Father of Darkness.

Nuffle save us!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Hashuts-Chosen Texans - A rookie Chaos-Dwarf story

Post by LJCA »

Team Focus...

1. Zhorgrath / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
2. Bazherak / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
3. Azakil / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
4. K'Daai Zhaar / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
5. Ghoroth / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
6. Dourgrim / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
7. Ghazak / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 /
8. Skarfrik / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 /
9. Taarg / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 /
14. Zlatan / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull)
15. Rykarth / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull)

2x Rerolls

1x Apothecary

TV 990,000

Gold 10k

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Season overview...

Ill be competing in RBBL3 (Rotherham Bloodbowl League's 3rd season) along with 12 other coaches, a good mix of veterans and rookies alike as well as a very diverse roster line up... ill be up against 3 Skaven teams, Norse, Khorne, Chaos, 2 Elf-Union, 2 Human (one redrafted over from last season) and last but not least Nurgle.

That's 12 league games and potentially 12 'friendly' matches as the league set up allows us to play each team once in a friendly match, good chance to increase SPP but with a busy family/work life I don't know how many of these ill get to play tbh, ill just concentrate on the league.

Obvs the top 4 fight it out in the playoffs for the overall Bloodbowl title as usual but the remainder will then enter the Shitman Cup... a tournament we created to keep the lower order interested till the end of the season.

We're using DZ2 for the first time, whether that's a good thing only time will tell, I have reservations about the potential income that can be generated being unbalancing for the league, but we'll see, its what our members asked for so we're going for it.

My first match is against an Elf-Union team so im hoping my starting block skills and my opponents AV7 will counter act the Elves' obvs AG advantage over me... tune it to find out!

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Game 1

Texans 2 Vs 0 Elf Preservation Society (Elf Union)

From the smallest acorn groweth the mightiest oak...

Itd been a good few weeks since my last game of BB so I was really looking forward to this game! Must admit I did fancy my chances against a mostly AV7 team, especially with 6 Chorfs and their starting Block skills, I knew my opponent well as ive competed against him in the last 2 RBBL campaigns, hes a good lad but maybe lacking in concentration... lol

Anyway, back to the game, I chose to receive after winning the toss and after my BC caught a bouncing ball straight from the kick off I did wonder if this was to be the start of an interesting first half, however...
Despite many an Elf hitting the deck and even a couple being KOd I couldn't manage 1 single casualty, with the Elves content to concede ground dodge by dodge my predictable it not flamboyant cage tactic used its the advantage in numbers to score on turn 8, a predictable if not flamboyant 1-0 scoreline at halftime.

After a stint with HElves last season I was aware of Elf ball-movement potential and even though ill admit to being a better defensive than offensive coach I did expect a pretty quick equaliser from EPS. As luck (or good defensive play) had it the Elves were frustrated in their play and a somewhat rash turn 12 longbomb failed and yet again an AG2 Texan (Chorf this time) simply caught the bouncing ball with ease.

3 line Elves and 1 Hobbo hit the KOd box and this allowed numerical superiority as well as aggressive basing and blitzing from the Texans to cage up once more and score a turn 16 TD with Hobbo Skarfrik, albeit with a nervous reroll after failing the GFI! :D

The only CAS in the game game from the Journeyman Elf tripping over his own feet in a dodge, which was a little disappointing from my part as id hoped for more SPP, still a wins a win so cant complain.

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Team Focus update...

2. Bazherak / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
5. Ghoroth / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
6. Dourgrim / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
7. Ghazak / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 /
8. Skarfrik / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / (Sure hands) - 8 SPP
9. Taarg / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 /
14. Zlatan / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull) - 3 SPP
15. Rykarth / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull)

2x Rerolls

1x Apothecary

TV 1020,000

Gold 80k

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Game 2

Texans 1 Vs 1 Ratatouille (Skaven)

Nuffle hates me... Sometimes...

There was no TV difference to speak of between us so the teams were pretty evenly matched and my opponent was a gamer I know well, good lad, knows his way round many a table top game so was looking forward to testing my self against him.

The 1st half may have surprised any onlookers as despite the Skavens' obvious disadvantage in Blocking skills they took the fight to my Chorfs straight from the start, caught me off guard I must admit. My surprise continued when id lost 1 Chorf and 1 Hobbo by turn 4, both to -MA... ouch, :oops:

The latter part of the 1st half belonged to me though and id managed to KO and injure a few Skaven to even up the numbers and force them back into their own half, my opponent played it safe and kept the ball away from me with his Gutter Runners MV9, smart move, 0-0 at half time and I was relatively pleased despite the two injuries.

The Skavens' Bash policy started to backfire slightly in the 2nd half and I began to grind my way forward despite being two players down to the more numerous Skaven. More and more Rats hit the KOd or injured box and I scored on turn 7 to lead 1-0 with only two turns left for the Skaven to equalise. In hindsight I could have maybe stalled one more turn till turn 8 but only 'Sure Hands' on my ball carrying Hobbo I was wary of losing the ball despite the two dice blocks in my favour I was receiving from Gutter Runners, their movement is hard to counter.

With the last play of the game the Ball carrying GR survived two (yes two!) 3Dice Blitzes (Reroll) from me and dodged his way out of a seemingly impossible position to equalise, even after needing two GFIs to do it aswell!

All in all it was a good game to be involved in, plenty of action against a good opponent. A fair result I guess, even though ill admit I thought I had the game won going into my last turn :lol:

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Game 3

Texans 2 Vs 1 Warpstone-Wanderers (Skaven)

'Wild Animal' effects Rat-Ogres and Coaches alike...

My second of two back to back games against the Skaven obviously started with me having to draft in two Journeymen Hobbos after suffering two injuries in the previous game, and with a Rat-Ogre in this team I thought I was in for another brutal game.

As would luck would have it this time Nuffle favoured my Texans and sent a ridiculous amount of 1s the Rat-Ogres way and most of the Wanderers' blitzes were lost. The fact that my opponent decided to have NO rerolls on his roster didn't help him either (something ive not seen before but hey, each to their own).

With my blocking game being brutal against the AV7 id managed to cut open the Skaven team and secure a simple TD on turn 5 with a BC after a wayward kick off had given him the ball too.

My overconfidence was then my downfall as poor positional play allowed a GR a relatively simple TD on turn 7 to equalise, my hard work (and good fortune) early on had just been thrown away... :pissed:

The Wanderers then began the 2nd half as a Skaven team should and used the MA and AG advantage to good use, couple that with the RO now proving his worth by surfing a Chorf or two the game was beginning to get away from me. With a 2nd Skaven TD a certainty unless I pulled off something special it was time for the BCs to show 'Sprint' in all its glory, needing all 3 GFIs to manage a Blitz against the certain scorer I managed to not only knock the ball free into a favourable position for me but to also KO the GR!
A ridiculously good turn of blocking followed for me which left every Skaven player either KOd - injured - or flat on his back!
The cage that followed couldn't be stopped and it steam rolled its way to a turn 8 TD and victory for the Texans!

My opponent unfortunately lost his head after suffering the BC blitz and decided to throw just a single GR at the cage in a suicidal attempt to stop it, despite needing 6s just to get a block off which would always have been in my favour. I guess theres a 'Wild animal' in us all... :D

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Team Focus update...

2. Bazherak / Chaos-Dwarf / 3-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
5. Ghoroth / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull) - 2 SPP
6. Dourgrim / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)- 2 SPP
8. Skarfrik / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / (Sure hands) - 15 SPP
9. Taarg / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / - 2 SPP
14. Zlatan / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull, Block) - 10 SPP
15. Rykarth / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull, Block) - 12 SPP
16. Colossus / Minotaur / 5-5-2-8 / (Loner, Frenzy, Horns, MB, Thick Skull, Wild Animal)

2x Rerolls

1x Apothecary

TV 1190,000

Gold 20k

The Hobbo who suffered the -MA ive fired seeing as ive now purchased the Mino! Risky tactic I know but ive wanted him since I bought the FW model so why not.

With both BCs having Block they should continue their rich vein of form, close to their 2nd level up too so Break Tackle on the 1st is my main thought there.

The Chorfs are proving slow to progress but at least I can now concentrate putting the MVPs their way to help.

Hobbo Skarfrik is proving a little SPP hog atm tho, hes one point from levelling up again so Block is what im thinking for him.

Team's shaping up nicely.

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Game 4

Texans 1 Vs 0 Baal Fortress Monastery u85s (Human)

If only id had another reroll... :D

The Texans were at full strength for this one, id picked up the Mino after my last game, both BCs have Block, this was how id envisaged my Chorfs shaping up. Up against a game but rookie coach in his first season.

This was also another member of the 'No-rerolls' club we have going on in the league this season, a full 16 man roster (so I was never going to totally outnumber them) but I thought that if I could pressure mistakes then maybe id be in with a chance. Only 80k between us so my opponent took the keg.

Without going into play by play I tasked my Chorfs to manage the 4 Humans catchers and the Block,Tackle combo worked wonders there, the catchers were rarely on their feet, either through Blocks, Blitzes or failed dodges. The Bulls did their thing, constantly scoring a 'defender-stumbles' result against the opposing Blitzers. The Minotaur started slowly with a 'wild animal' fail on his 1st turn but then recovered to score 2 CAS and gained the MVP, a decent start from him.

A 1-0 lead at halftime wasn't to be took lightly so I made sure I kept compact and carried on with the same strategies that worked well in the 1st half.

The game got very scruffy mid second half with turn overs aplenty from both side, Nuffle must have been laughing his ass off :lol: , eventually my main man, Hobbo 'Skarfrik', (scorer of the 1st TD and his 4th of the season) broke free of the melee with Hobbo 'Taarg' for company. The two couldn't be caught by the opposition and I could have simply ran in Skarfrik for his and the Texans 2nd, but with him levelling up already due to the 1st TD I decided to hand off to Taarg who sat in the End-zone awaiting glory... a 3+ with no reroll was needed... Nuffle continued to laugh... oh well.

I had a little post-match review with my opponent, gave him a few helpful hints about how id best use his team, he was appreciative of the advice and went away relatively happy and looking forward to his next game, happy all round!

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Team Focus update...

2. Bazherak / Chaos-Dwarf / 3-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull)
5. Ghoroth / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull) - 4 SPP
7. Ghengiz / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 /
8. Skarfrik / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / (Sure hands, Block) - 18 SPP
14. Zlatan / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull, Block) - 10 SPP
15. Rykarth / Bull-Centaur / 6-4-2-9 / (Sprint, Sure-feet, Thick-skull, Block) - 12 SPP
16. Colossus / Minotaur / 5-5-2-8 / (Loner, Frenzy, Horns, MB, Thick Skull, Wild Animal, Juggernaut) - 9 SPP

2x Rerolls

1x Apothecary

TV = 1280,000

FF = 4

Gold = 40k

Having given Skarfrik Block hes now a decent enough ball carrier, 4 TDs to his name already but there's bigger and harder tests to come so I think that's the best idea for him. Im hoping to spread out the TDs a little but given the tight scorelines of these games ive played it a little conservatively, though I tried my best to hand off in the last game haha.

The Mino having Juggernaut now gives him a good chance of avoiding turn overs, im hoping his Frenzy MB can cause some problems going forward.

Bought another Hobbo to take me up to 12 players so im quite happy where im at atm.

As ever if anyone has any suggestion on how to take the team forward please drop me a msg, always appreciated.

Cheers!

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Game 5

Texans 2 Vs 0 Norsemen of the Apocalypse (Norse)

In the grand scheme of things... Massive result!

This was in all fairness the biggest test of the season so far for my Texans, the previous 4 opponents were all decent enough, certainly no pushovers, but Martyn (Norse Coach) is a really experienced BB player, played the game for around 20 years or so, not much he doesn't know about the game, and seeing as id not beaten him in the previous 2 seasons of the RBBL I knew this wouldn't be easy.

The TV difference was nominal, League points the same, both teams vying for Playoff spots early on (and id expect them to be the same at the end of the season) so a win for either one of us would have been doubly significant.

'Block' aplenty filled the grid iron, Bull-Centaurs and Mino vs Werewolves and Snow-Troll, this was always gna be brutal!

(Have I bigged up the game enough? :lol: )

Anyway, onto the actual match...

I must say Nuffle had my back straight from the off (he screwed me over enough times last season so its about time! lol) I won the toss and elected to receive, then brilliant coaching went my way and I gained a reroll, nice.

With all the skllls and strength on show Chorf and Norse bodies alike litters the pitch but after a particularly good turn 4 the tie began to go my way, 1 Lino was forced into the crowd, 1 killed, and the Troll was also a casualty after a pretty ballsy 2 dice block in his favour (from a lone Chorf). Down to 8 men and half their team on the deck NOTA couldn't stop Skarfrik scoring his 5th TD of the season. 1-0 at halftime and with another Lino KOd the Norse had only 7 men to start the 2nd half, id lost a Chorf by then but I had a Hobbo in reserve.

The 2nd half saw one glimpse of brilliance from NOTA as unlikely pick up, throw and catch almost paid off, (5+ 5+ 5+) it failed as the catcher couldn't quite keep hold of the ball under pressure from the Texan defence. From then on the game kept going my way, another death and a -MA for the Norse made it impossible for them in all honesty as Mino Colossus ran riot. Matters weren't helped when the werewolves suffered two turnovers with some really unlucky dice rolls too.

Eventually the pain ended for the valiant but beaten Norse as debutant Hobbo Ghengiz scored right at the end.

Big win for the Texans!

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Team Focus update...

2. Bazherak / Chaos-Dwarf / 3-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull) - 2 SPP
4. K'Daai Zhaar / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Mighty Blow) - 7 SPP
7. Ghengiz / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / - 3 SPP
8. Skarfrik / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / (Sure hands, Block) - 21 SPP
16. Colossus / Minotaur / 5-5-2-8 / (Loner, Frenzy, Horns, MB, Thick Skull, Wild Animal, Juggernaut) - 13 SPP

2x Rerolls

1x Apothecary

TV = 131,000

FF = 5

Gold = 130k

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Game 6

Texans 1 Vs 0 Maestros Anthropoids (Human)

Nearly blew it right at the end...

This was a game id been building up to, The Humans were drafted over from last season and have been sitting pretty in the Playoffs for most of this one with a W5 L2 record so far. As they had played quite a few games early on I was no where near their TV until recently, saying that I still had 430k in inducements for this match, would have been even more if their 61SPP Catcher had been playing but he was missing due to MNG.
After my recent success' and my team looking fairly decent I fancied my chances so I challenged the mighty Anthropoids to a game!

I took Grashnak Blackhoof (Mainly for the Frenzy) a Wizard (first time ever) and a Keg, lots of Guard, MB and an Ogre on their team so I expected my players leaving the pitch.

Won the toss (3rd time in a row now :D ) so elected to receive, im not a fan of kicking first if I have the choice, I prefer to get the first hits in! With 2 ST4, 1 ST5, 1 ST6 players my aim was to bully the Humans around the pitch, hed only 11 players to my 13 and with this combo of advantage in numbers and strength that's exactly what I did. An unskilled lino was the games first (and my only!) CAS of the match on turn1, The Mino surfed a Blitzer on Turn 2 and in trying to get revenge for that the Humans committed too many players to one flank, the Mino and a BC bogged down 5 of the remaining Anthropoids which left relatively easy work for me to go down the other flank at my leisure, stalling the TD for a couple of turns to try and cause more casualties along the way. I scored on turn 7 leaving the Humans no chance of an equaliser before halftime.
The Ogre was a thorn in my side as I couldn't shift him no matter what I threw at him but 1-0 up at halftime I was happy enough.

Early in the 2nd half a Hobbo was KOd leaving me only 10 players but by mid 2nd half the Humans were down to 7!, more or less playing for a draw the opposition kept the ball away from me waiting for the right time to strike with the only remaining Catcher.
Turn 6 saw the Anthropoids make their move, a nice dodge move them into a scoring position (damn that MV8 lol) but fortunately for me a GFI was failed in an attempt to support the Catcher, BANG! Tackle from a Chorf saw the ball go free and into my got to guy Hobbo Skarfrik to scoop up the ball, just cage up and and see out the following two turns and id got my deserved victory...

My last turn I messed up... (id use another word but thought id keep it PG haha)

A lack of concentration saw me open my cage up to try and Hand off to an unmarked BC who (with a RR left) could have gone on to score a second TD, however, id not moved three Chorfs into defensive marking positions BEFORE being really stupid, the Ogre had been bugging me in his refusal to die so i Blitzed him with Grashnak but forgetting he didn't have Juggernaut as my Mino does... Skull and Both-down were rolled... the Ogre has Block! Loner RR... no good, Turn over!!

With a 'Nerves of Steel' Thrower waiting in the wings I could see what id done, Blitz the open ball carrier, pick up the ball with the Thrower, throw to the UNMAKRED Catcher, equalise...

The blitz came, knocked the ball free, my only real hope was for the ball to scatter in my favour, it bounced onto a Chorf who was in a TZ, with AG2 it meant I needed a 6 to catch the ball...

NUFFLE BE PRAISED I ROLLED A 6! :lol:

One moment of madness could have cost me a deserved victory, id bullied and controlled the Humans all game so to not win this would have been annoying to say the least.

Now moved above the Anthropoids into 2nd place in the league, still 6 games to play, one against the runaway leaders who are raking in over 150k a match due to DZ2 sponsorship and stadium bonus's and one against a nasty looking Nurgle team, another playoff rival.

Enjoying this season so far tho so bring it on!

LJCA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by LJCA »

Team Focus update...

2. Bazherak / Chaos-Dwarf / 3-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull) - 2 SPP
3. Azakil / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Mighty Blow) - 7 SPP
4. K'Daai Zhaar / Chaos-Dwarf / 4-3-2-9 / (Block, Tackle, Thick-skull, Mighty Blow) - 7 SPP
7. Ghengiz / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / - 3 SPP
8. Skarfrik / Hobgoblin / 6-3-3-7 / (Sure hands, Block) - 24 SPP
16. Colossus / Minotaur / 5-5-2-8 / (Loner, Frenzy, Horns, MB, Thick Skull, Wild Animal, Juggernaut) - 13 SPP

3x Rerolls

1x Apothecary

TV = 141,000

FF = 6

Gold = 60k

2x On-going Sponsorships

Added another MB Chorf after the level up, little more hitting power, no Doudles as yet tho, waiting for my first Mutation skill still haha. Gna try my best to score with the 3SPP Hobbo in my next game, want a 'Dirty player' just for then fun of it so that can be his role, couple of Guard on the Chorfs yet to level up too will make my LOS quite daunting. Bought a 3rd reroll so I can hopefully not rely on Skarfrik and his Sure Hands as much.

Any different ideas for my team?.... Anyone? :)

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

You'll eventually want more Guards among your Chaos Dwarves.
And try to score TDs with the Bulls to skill them up, they can be your best players but they need help getting there. 4+ isn't that much harder than 3+, right?
Right???

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"