The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Eurobowl Wales 2018 27th & 28th October

Post by TheShepherd »

Hobnail wrote:...just success. :wink:
You know for a fact that I lost to no stars halflings at the Eurobowl with my Norse

Reason: ''
Shepherd for the Wales team
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

DaPiranha wrote:
You know for a fact that I lost to no stars halflings at the Eurobowl with my Norse
I didn't. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Hobnail
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hobnail »

DaPiranha wrote:
We wanted things to be about the individual players rather than a star having a good day (or bad)
This appears to be a cast iron Cymreig guarantee that my normal rostered players will have neither good nor bad days. Decision made, I'm bringing Amazons.

Winner - Caerdydd Cup (2019)
Most TD - Exiles (20)(2015), Exebowl (10)(2017)
Stunty Cup - Welsh Open (2016,2019), Exiles (2016), CakeBowl (2019), GertBowl (2019)

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016, 2019
Most Casualties - Elflympics (27(net 25))(2017)
Hobnail
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hobnail »

DaPiranha wrote:
I do know...but had forgotten. I'll consider you reminding me as my Christmas present.

I'm sure your team mates were very supportive. :o

Winner - Caerdydd Cup (2019)
Most TD - Exiles (20)(2015), Exebowl (10)(2017)
Stunty Cup - Welsh Open (2016,2019), Exiles (2016), CakeBowl (2019), GertBowl (2019)

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016, 2019
Most Casualties - Elflympics (27(net 25))(2017)
Lockmund
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Lockmund »

I just want to point out the differences that the current 2018 rules have for the (some former) tier 3 teams. They were not played a lot as it was, and some of them have been shafted quite hard. As for tier 1 and 2, only the expensive tier 2 teams have been (slightly) nerfed, mainly necro and nurgle.

The halflings have the worst issues. Lets say that they buy both their treemen and 14 halflings, the chef and three rerolls. They will then have 160k left to spend on ... what? An apo that they rarely will use? FF, babes and coaches? Even more rerolls? :-?

Underworld and vampires also got it bad. They trade 50k that could be spent on team or skills for a normal skill. They also lost the star players and Wilhelm and Skitter are common picks. As there is no stunty prize for them, I doubt they will be played much.

Goblins have lost 20K and the ability to hire star players, but will bounce back a bit easier than the halflings. More so with the new positionals. Still, without Ripper there will be less goblins flying across the pitch.

The ogres have lost 20K that they kind of needed for teambuilding and another 30k if they went with only one dbl. As an example, with the previous rules they could field six ogres, five snotlings and still have three rerolls. Skills on the vulnerable snotlings don't give them much. The loss of star players hurt them less, but it limits the options.

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Happy new year all

Thanks for the comments Lockmund

As we’ve mentioned before we wanted to keep things as clear and simple for all players. We acknowledge that not everyone will agree or like our rule set but we’d never be able to achieve that whatever we did.

I’ve seen and heard all kinds of rulesets and ideas for tiers and levelling from the straight forward to the wacky and complicated and I’m still not convinced that anyone has cracked a way for two players of equal ability to have an even match up as woodies vs halflings (as an example).

If you have any ideas or suggestions then there are other sections of TFF and the NAF site where a lively debate is sure to be found.

In the meantime our rules are what they are, in accordance with the Eurobowl Charter and with the approval of the Eurobowl committee and we hope to see you in Cardiff in October

AwesomeStu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by AwesomeStu »

Couple of questions as I’m looking at joining in with a team for Europen. How much will a team ticket be? Is the payment schedule from May until August? And is hotel prices separate (as my folks have always wanted to visit Cardiff so what better opertunity). It’s just so I start saving now :D

Also known as awesome
TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

AwesomeStu wrote:Couple of questions as I’m looking at joining in with a team for Europen. How much will a team ticket be? Is the payment schedule from May until August? And is hotel prices separate (as my folks have always wanted to visit Cardiff so what better opertunity). It’s just so I start saving now :D
Prices will be announced before the end of the month

Payment we be due May to August as you say

Hotel prices are separate, please see details of discounts on the front page and on www.eurobowl.eu

AwesomeStu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by AwesomeStu »

Many thanks, just didn’t want to jump in half blind lol, as didn’t want to be in separate hotels from my folks as I’m thinking of heading earlier to get a day of exploration

Also known as awesome
TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

AwesomeStu wrote:Many thanks, just didn’t want to jump in half blind lol, as didn’t want to be in separate hotels from my folks as I’m thinking of heading earlier to get a day of exploration

No problemo

If you’ve never been before make sure to check out our travel and visitors pack too

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Hi everyone!

We hope everyone had a great festive period

Here are your options for attending Eurobowl and the Europen whether as a player or a spectator

Eurobowl - £600 for a team of 8
Includes - 6 games of Blood Bowl, lunch both days and gifts yet to be announced

Europen - £225 for a team of 3
Includes - 6 games of Blood Bowl, lunch both days and gifts yet to be announced

Gold Spectator - £40
Includes - Lunch both days and gifts yet to be announced

Silver Spectator - £20
Includes - Lunch both days

Please note all prices are in pounds, euros will not be accepted

Next week we will be showcasing what everyone will be playing for!

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

DaPiranha wrote:
Please note all prices are in pounds, euros will not be accepted
Shouldnt it be called "Poundbowl" in that case?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Good stuff - very keen for the EurOpen :)

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Lockmund wrote:They will then have 160k left to spend on ... what? An apo that they rarely will use? FF, babes and coaches? Even more rerolls? :-?
Can't even take Babes/Kegs as they fall under Inducements.

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Registration time!

We will open registration on Monday morning for both Eurobowl and the Europen events. Visitors can also register, either in conjunction with a team or separately.

To register we will need the real name, NAF name and NAF number for all players, submitted by the team Captain via email to eurobowlwales@gmail.com

We are a small organisational team so we will not be responding to registration emails but instead update the Eurobowl website and Talk Fantasy Football pages with teams that have registered. We aim to do this once per week but the real world gets in the way and this may take a few weeks to be updated depending on the volume of registrations.

Please don’t panic if your team is slow to appear following sending your registration email.

In the meantime let’s show you what you’ll be playing for!

The photos included are of the amazing trophies that have been specially designed for us by Whitefoot 3D

We will have an individual trophy for every team member who wins and one for every individual award.

A big thank you to Jack Whitefoot for his outstanding work, he had this to say:

“It has been a pleasure to work with Blood Bowl Wales to create this unique trophy design”

Whitefoot 3D designs and 3D prints all manner of wargaming items from trophies to tokens, providing “unparalleled service and exquisite workmanship”.
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/whitefoot3d/