Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Eurobowl Wales 2018 27th & 28th October

Post by TheShepherd »

Vinz D. wrote:
DaPiranha wrote:.
It’s due on the 28th May and would be great (although quite a task to sort through) if everyone paid on that day. Although payments are due and will be accepted on that date the final date for acceptance of payment is 28th August.
With the Dutch Eurobowl registration sent, at what time can we expect information regarding the payment? I would like to get that sorted sooner, rather then later.
Payment details will be released towards the end of May ready for when they are due

Reason: ''
Shepherd for the Wales team
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Loki wrote:
Pipey wrote:Some chat here re EO/EB accommodation:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/teameng ... 6385#p6385

Where are other UK folks staying?
I was going to tell you where the Scottish lads have booked but apparently I'm not allowed to view that part of the site, is this another instance of UK = England in some eyes :o :lol:
Moved to a non-English only part of the forum :D

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

howlinggriffon wrote:My team is all booked into the Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel & Spa. Mainly as we're all bring our wives and they demanded somewhere nice as part of agreeing to us going :lol:
Sounds plush! Like it.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Candlejack
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Candlejack »

Team Germany registered! (At keast I sent an email, pretty sure it will show up here soon enough)

Most of us are staying in "The Angel Hotel". Who else?

Beware of the revenge of the Whipped Cream Brownie!! It will be... unsetteling!!
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

Looks like the Scots and the Irish are all staying at the Inkeepers Lodge Hotel just round the corner from the venue.

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Hi everyone!

We’re halfway through our registration period and so far we’ve got 27 Europen teams and 4 countries are registered.

As a reminder registration closes on Sunday 27th May and all teams must have all players submitted by then to be included

Time for another reveal!

Here are the boards we will be using at the tournaments!

The pitches have 34mm square sizes and every player at the event will get one of their very own to take home with them.

Designed by diguru especially for the event, the pitch is modelled on the rugby pitch at the home of Welsh rugby, the Principality Stadium (formerly Millennium Stadium)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

indiana-utah
Veteran
Veteran

Post by indiana-utah »

Team WYBBL have just sent a registration email with the West Yorkshire representatives details on.

principatius
Rookie
Rookie

Post by principatius »

"AEREL" team from Italy just sent a registration email ...
Awsome competition!!!

Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

Team Belgium have registered for Eurobowl

Da_Great_MC
El_hombre
Carloz
The_Tyser
Flabbergasted
JJ
Quetzal
Magictobe

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Hi Everyone

We’ve got some BIG announcements for you today!

Firstly, we’ve crossed the 200 player barrier!

Secondly, we welcome Ireland to their first ever Eurobowl!

Thirdly, we have the next gift, behold, yr Ddraig Goch, the Red Dragon!
https://spinzam.com/shot/embed/?idx=71731

Designed by Be4ch, created by Hungry Troll and painted by Nazgob, every player attending the Eurobowl or Europen will receive a dragon of their very own.

We’re on the cusp of the biggest Europen ever with 40 teams currently signed up so far. The Europen is a chance for teams of three to represent their country, their club or an excuse for 3 friends to have an amazing weekend of Blood Bowl

To showcase how awesome the Open is I thought I’d ask neilpferd his thoughts on the tournament:

I've been to two Eurobowls and two EurOpens and I would unequivocally urge anyone who has the chance to take part to do so. Don't for a second believe that this is a tournament reserved for the elite. It's about getting together with two mates, playing six games of Blood Bowl, meeting new people and fouling their best player!

The team dynamic adds a little extra to the experience all on its own, we usually want our friends to win or snatch a last gasp draw but now it matters to you too. That being said win, lose or draw half the fun is dissecting the games in the bar afterwards and now you get to do it with someone whose accent you can't understand, but don't worry, not every opponent is from Scotland!

I can honestly say I have really enjoyed each EurOpen experience even when Nuffle has done his usual level best to snatch away my, obviously fully deserved, victory. The chance to meet players from other nations, see teams you wouldn't normally get to see, make new friends and claim bragging rights within your own team isn't one you should pass up.

So sign up now at:
http://www.eurobowl.eu/2018/default.asp?p=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Hi everyone!

With two weeks left to go until the end of registration, we are pleased to announce that we currently have 43 teams signed up to the Europen making it the biggest Europen ever with 129 players so far!

There’s still time for even more people to join in what could be the biggest Blood Bowl event the UK has ever seen, even bigger than the first World Cup!

Registration closes Sunday 27th May so to sign up head over to http://www.eurobowl.eu/2018/

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Really great news that we’re going to have the biggest EO ever, it’s going to be quite the weekend. Don’t miss that registration deadline, anyone still on the fence!

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

DaPiranha wrote:With two weeks left to go until the end of registration, we are pleased to announce that we currently have 43 teams signed up to the Europen making it the biggest Europen ever with 129 players so far!
Just a little reminder for those attending the Europen... Gert Bowl will be running as an informal warm-up event for Europen; we will be using the same team and rules set-up. So if your team wants to have some practice games together and can make it over to Bristol on the 7th and 8th of July there is still plenty of space, link below.

Cheers,
D

Gert Bowl 8 thread

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Arrrgh, found myself a crew...

err i mean team, now for some practice :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Hi everyone!

While I’m sure the royal wedding was lovely we all know there’s a far more important event going on this year Eurobowl and Europen!

We’ve officially hit 280 players making this the biggest Blood Bowl event in the UK ever!

There’s still just over a week left to join in on this momentous occasion so to sign up head over to http://www.eurobowl.eu/2018

If you’re a player or two short of a Europen team then post on this thread on Talk Fantasy Football to find a player or a team viewtopic.php?f=48&t=44711