Eurobowl & Eur'open 2017 news

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Eurobowl & Eur'open 2017 news

Post by haktar »

Lockmund wrote:Ehrm? Austria? Are they too small to mention? ;)
You are Wright, where is austria

Reason: ''
Trying to play bloodbowl.
20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Great to see the Maltese make it!

haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

So the event will be 18 teams of Eurobowl, and 40 teams Eur'Open.
It will be the most important Eurobowl/Eur'Open.

37 teams of Eur'Open have paid.
We are waiting the anwser of 3 already contacted.

If you are not contacted, you are not in...

viyullas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by viyullas »

It's a shame that in the end there has been the problem of places. It is a fact that many people have waited at the last moment to sign up, but it is also normal. Without a maximum number of participants announced, and well in advance, not everyone knows if they will have days off.
I know that there are several Spanish teams that have run out of space and have already purchased flights. I hope that in next editions this will be organized better.

In any case, those who have entered are eager to get there and enjoy a great Eur'Open.
See you all there!

haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

viyullas wrote:It's a shame that in the end there has been the problem of places. It is a fact that many people have waited at the last moment to sign up, but it is also normal. Without a maximum number of participants announced, and well in advance, not everyone knows if they will have days off.
I know that there are several Spanish teams that have run out of space and have already purchased flights. I hope that in next editions this will be organized better.

In any case, those who have entered are eager to get there and enjoy a great Eur'Open.
See you all there!
First there are always limit on tournament.

Second, Eur'Open depends on Eurobowl. Eurobowl teams have waited to register so we can't say the limit because they are in priority. We alert many times national teams that we have to know who come (thank to those who helps to contact them). Only 4 teams were registred in the middle of the month of may and none had paid.

Third, the event will be as big as the first world cup or the bigest Eurobowl (in Ostend 2014).
Fourth, as you said, a lot of team registred at the end...

I remember you, that the tournament is Eurobowl and Eur'Open was created at the start to allow players who wanted to see Eurobowl to be occupied. Now, it is real that Eur'Open has grown and is a big tournament.
May be in the future it will usefull to close the Eurobowl sooner, in order to announce the limit of Eur'Open.

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

haktar wrote:I remember you, that the tournament is Eurobowl and Eur'Open was created at the start to allow players who wanted to see Eurobowl to be occupied. Now, it is real that Eur'Open has grown and is a big tournament.
May be in the future it will usefull to close the Eurobowl sooner, in order to announce the limit of Eur'Open.
Thtas interesting, maybe the Welsh might bear that in mind for theirs next year. Have an earlier registration for the Eurobowl to ensure the space for Euro Open. Hawca, bear in mind?

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
janninu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by janninu »

I think having an earlier eurobowl registration date will make it a lot more difficult for smaller nations like ourselves to assemble a team, just saying.

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Valen wrote:
haktar wrote:I remember you, that the tournament is Eurobowl and Eur'Open was created at the start to allow players who wanted to see Eurobowl to be occupied. Now, it is real that Eur'Open has grown and is a big tournament.
Thtas interesting, maybe the Welsh might bear that in mind for theirs next year. Have an earlier registration for the Eurobowl to ensure the space for Euro Open. Hawca, bear in mind?
Noted

Shepherd for the Wales team
TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

janninu wrote:I think having an earlier eurobowl registration date will make it a lot more difficult for smaller nations like ourselves to assemble a team, just saying.
Noted also

Shepherd for the Wales team
haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

viyullas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by viyullas »

haktar wrote:First there are always limit on tournament.

Second, Eur'Open depends on Eurobowl. Eurobowl teams have waited to register so we can't say the limit because they are in priority. We alert many times national teams that we have to know who come (thank to those who helps to contact them). Only 4 teams were registred in the middle of the month of may and none had paid.

Third, the event will be as big as the first world cup or the bigest Eurobowl (in Ostend 2014).
Fourth, as you said, a lot of team registred at the end...

I remember you, that the tournament is Eurobowl and Eur'Open was created at the start to allow players who wanted to see Eurobowl to be occupied. Now, it is real that Eur'Open has grown and is a big tournament.
Of course there is always a limit on the size of a tournament, but if people do not know what it is, they will not act accordingly.

The Eurobowl has a preference, that is clear. In that case it is normal to reserve all the necessary seats for the Eurobowl assuming that all the invited selections will attend, subtract that number from the capacity and offer the rest to the Eur'Open. Establish a waiting list in the Eur'Open once the maximum is reached and assign places in order of registration.
The Eurobowl deadline should be closed before the Eur'Open deadline so there would be no problems with this.

It is clear that many teams will register on the last day, that is always the case, and the organization must have it. For that, a deadline is set, but some secure equipment that would register the same day of the tournament.

In no case did I pretend that my post sounds like an attack, but as a series of constructive criticisms of the way this Eurobowl has been organized, which is the first one I am going to attend. I do not know how the previous ones have been organized.
I only intend to contribute, from my experience as a tournament organizer, solutions to the problems I have seen, most of them communication and easily remedied.

I hope that we meet in Porto and we can talk about the subject with a beer!
Greetings!

haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

viyullas wrote: In no case did I pretend that my post sounds like an attack,but as a series of constructive criticisms of the way this Eurobowl has been organized
In this case, please not use the word 'shame'. It is a question a good communication ;-)

viyullas wrote: I hope that we meet in Porto and we can talk about the subject with a beer!
Greetings!
With pleisure :-)

viyullas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by viyullas »

haktar wrote:
viyullas wrote: In no case did I pretend that my post sounds like an attack,but as a series of constructive criticisms of the way this Eurobowl has been organized
In this case, please not use the word 'shame'. It is a question a good communication ;-)
Sorry! Google translate's fault! Maybe "It's a pity" would have sounded better.

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

The above has been an interesting "tutorial" in two people communicating, neither using their first language, both attempting to be constructive in their comments but due to translation open to misunderstanding. I look forward to meeting both of you in Porto, I will be wearing a kilt, probably near a bar and speaking fluent drunkenese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1HhizIe9nk :)

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

viyullas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by viyullas »

Garrick wrote:The above has been an interesting "tutorial" in two people communicating, neither using their first language, both attempting to be constructive in their comments but due to translation open to misunderstanding. I look forward to meeting both of you in Porto, I will be wearing a kilt, probably near a bar and speaking fluent drunkenese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1HhizIe9nk :)
Then we will meet for sure Garrick!