Eurobowl X- Feedback thread

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Vinz D.
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Eurobowl X- Feedback thread

Post by Vinz D. »

As others mentioned; one very well organized weekend, that certainly set the bar for future tournaments.

Although I haven't check all the live-feeded (sp?) games yet, I thought that was a brilliant idea to keep those that could not participate up to speed with at least a little bit of the tournament. The hotel WiFi ensured a large amount of information shared on (amongst others) Facebook and I think the only step further there (which would make matters from already excellent to downright perfect in that field) would be to also do a live-update online on the scores.

Other then that, I have to applaud the choice for a venue where you sleep, eat, drink and play all together. Although a bit crowded at times, not travelling too far back and forth from the venue to where you sleep is always a good one in my book.
Draco wrote:
Dr. Von Richten wrote:One thing I would like to see next time(s) is the team result having a bigger impact on the overall score, so instead of getting just 1 or 1/2 point extra for a win or draw, make that a bigger number, or even the only number; 3 points for a team win, 1 point for a team draw, 0 points for a team loss, with individual results as tiebreakers.

Btw. I can't claim credit for this concept, I got it from Draco, which proves that even that old git sometimes has a good idea! :wink:
Well David, as for an idea I mentioned this:

Team win 3 points, a draw 1 point and a loss 0 points. But! A big win of 5.5-2.5 or more gains an extra point. This will hopefully make it more fun to go that extra yard to win your game instead of settling for a draw because the team will win anyway. But this is a discussion that should be held elsewhere.

[...]
It would be interesting to check back on the results and run them through various scoring systems. In the concept of 'keeping it simply stupid' (or stupidly simple, I never know how to properly write it), I personally liked the scoring as it kept the team results close to one another, meaning the actual result from the team as a whole (6-2 being a better one then 4.5-3.5) counts much more.

Reason: ''
"Goblin aficionado and collector of Wooden Spoons"
Mr. Nuffle
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mr. Nuffle »

Great tournament.
The venue was fine, the food was good, the organazation was excellent.

Few issues with SCORE, especially with the first few draws. And a slight misshap on the result slip.(Once Coachname and team name was on the slip it became easier)

It was a super tournament!

However, here two weeks later, the results are still not uploaded. Basically the only thing from a 5+ grade.

Any news on the results being uploaded?

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

It's on the other thread Lars. There's been an issue with the files but they're hoping to have the results up at the start of the week.

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Lars, we had a couple of coaches in remoter countries we could not trace but that was sorted yesterday.

TFF mod team
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

So where are the results if it is sorted :wink: :D

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Beppe#2
Il Bunga Bunga Presidente

Post by Beppe#2 »

I've just inserted all the results, everything should be fine now

Mamma mia!!! Luca Toni!!!
Bobby from Latvia
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Good job! Jimjimany goes above 300!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

Beppe#2 wrote:I've just inserted all the results, everything should be fine now
actually the europen results are wrong, at least for my secund game, i did not play against grosben but against nicodaz and the result is not the good one. i think this is why the pairing for our games was not correct during all week end.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

A treat for Friday - Eurobowl review! http://www.thenaf.net/2014/11/eurobowl-x-review/

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arioso »

Elyoukey wrote:
Beppe#2 wrote:I've just inserted all the results, everything should be fine now
actually the europen results are wrong, at least for my secund game, i did not play against grosben but against nicodaz and the result is not the good one. i think this is why the pairing for our games was not correct during all week end.

you mean i could have avoided this desasterous game we played in round 3? :D