Team Sweden, Copenhagen 2012

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Team Sweden, Copenhagen 2012

Post by duckwing »

Well I'm still interessted, just saying :)

Reason: ''
Praise Nuffle!
Ozt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ozt »

Here is another interested party from Stockbowl.

I have both the time and the money to participate and have no problems at all travelling far and wide to play Blood Bowl.
Me and Mago drove up to Umeå from Stockholm for last DOUBT so we have a documented evidence that we are prepared to take the journey!

Coachname: ozt
League: Stockbowl

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

Jag är intresserad att spela med svenska laget i Eurobowl.

Liga: PEBBLe

Hur är egentligen reglerna? Får ett land ha flera lag anmälda?

Mago
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mago »

I think each country can only enter one team.

Joint NAF National Tournament Orcanizer Sweden and StockBowl member.

Swedish Blood Bowl Alliance - Swedens Blood Bowl forum.
Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

These qualification cups that are mentioned by Adhansa, how are they going to be organized? Are they slotted in and posted in the tourney thread or elsewhere? Otherwise, might be difficult getting attendees unless peeps know about the events...

Training camp sounds like a great idea Mago. I guess the "Landskamp" could serve as a training camp of sorts! I'm back from a two month forum hiatus and joining the discussion a bit late, but will start reading up on the Euro efforts again...

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Mago
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mago »

I'm hoping there will be some talk about this on GothCon this weekend.

Also, our StockBowl Cup could be the Mälardalen qualification?

But I also see a high probability that the people winning these qualifiers do not want to participate. I think will and ability to participate should be rated quite high in the selection process.

If Adhansa think the training camp is a good idea I suggest we set a date for this asap, same with the other qualifiers.

adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

Yes, Stockbowl certainly could.

As I said, i have no idea how to organize the regionals outside Skåne. I don't have the network to set them up, but i have no other idea how to fairly let people qualify. If someone have a concept that is resonably fair and open to all then i gladly hand over the regional arrangement. The worst thing is if i can't get any qualifier at all going, then things become uncomfertably arbitrary.

What do people think, how should I determine who qualifies?

Mago
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mago »

Ok. So we have:

1 spot to the GothBowl winner (great tournament by the way, I had a lot of fun).
1 spot to the StockBowl Cup II winner.

1 spot to an unplanned Skåne qualifier.
1 spot to an unplanned Västra Götaland qualifier. Getting into contact with the Blood Bowl people there should not be to hard given that they just arranged GothBowl.

I also want to add: 1 spot to an unplanned Norrland qualifier. I know there are a lot of good players in Umeå, Sundsvall and other towns in Norrland.

2 spots to a fumbble qualifier and 1+ spots and reserves in a Filler up cup. Arguably the reserves could be from any of the qualifiers but they should be set by this time I think.

You are the captain, so it's your call. As long as no one cries foul I say go for it. Get in touch with the GothBowl people, tell them of the plan and that they should hold a qualifier. I think Odium Khan can talk to the northerners and let them arrange a qualifier there? :)

If the planned qualifiers does not come through you have to figure out a way to pick more people from the ones who do.

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

Wow, serious stuff happening for the swedes, im tired right now but ill update the front post tomorrow.

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

Updated first post with the new interested coaches!

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Mago wrote: But I also see a high probability that the people winning these qualifiers do not want to participate. I think will and ability to participate should be rated quite high in the selection process.
I think so too. And especially so for the northerners. There are some really talented coaches in Umeå, yes, and half of them could probably be coerced into travelling to Denmark for the Euro. The other half wouldn't though even if Hell froze over twice. And in a tourney setting, the latter half would win 50% of the cases, that's how tight the field is IMHO.

I think qualifying tourneys is a great idea, but maybe the qualifying criteria could be tweaked a little so as not offering spots only to the tourney champions bar none? I have lurked a little in the other nations' threads, plus the one where NAF declares that each nation has to choose their participants in a "democratic" fashion, and a pretty common theme is to let ranking in all national tournaments (for some nations also international ones) over the last season count towards their 'qualifying curriculum vitae' - one could sort out a points value system* to make things easier. For example, finishing runner-up at both GothCon and StockBowl could net more points than winning the DOUBT. A second effect of this system is that you by their track record would promote coaches that don't see travelling as a problem.

In the end, the determination to travel to Denmark, make a commitment and stick to this 100% is what should count the most if you ask me!

*) e.g. 3 pts winner, 2 pts runner-up, 1 pt 3rd place - multiply all pts by a factor of (number of participants of qualifying tourney divided by ten, rounded down, number must be equal to or higher than 1)

Mago
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mago »

I think that what Odium Khan says makes so much sense.

Perhaps even going to a tournament that is not in your hometown should be awarded qualification points somehow?

Setomidor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Setomidor »

I'm interested too, but have to check my tournament and (work) travel schedule for the fall before making any full committment, but it sure looks interesting.

I'm not sure which qualifier I would be able to make since most of them has already passed, but
I've got reasonable tournament merits (Lost finals in last year's Gothbowl, won this years Nortstar tournament, etc.). How will the FUBBML based qualifier work?

Regards,
Daniel

adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

Our first spot has bin occupied. The Gothbowlwinner "Zerak" claimed his reward.
Odium Khan wrote:
Mago wrote: But I also see a high probability that the people winning these qualifiers do not want to participate. I think will and ability to participate should be rated quite high in the selection process.
I think so too. And especially so for the northerners. There are some really talented coaches in Umeå, yes, and half of them could probably be coerced into travelling to Denmark for the Euro. The other half wouldn't though even if Hell froze over twice. And in a tourney setting, the latter half would win 50% of the cases, that's how tight the field is IMHO.

I think qualifying tourneys is a great idea, but maybe the qualifying criteria could be tweaked a little so as not offering spots only to the tourney champions bar none? I have lurked a little in the other nations' threads, plus the one where NAF declares that each nation has to choose their participants in a "democratic" fashion, and a pretty common theme is to let ranking in all national tournaments (for some nations also international ones) over the last season count towards their 'qualifying curriculum vitae' - one could sort out a points value system* to make things easier. For example, finishing runner-up at both GothCon and StockBowl could net more points than winning the DOUBT. A second effect of this system is that you by their track record would promote coaches that don't see travelling as a problem.

In the end, the determination to travel to Denmark, make a commitment and stick to this 100% is what should count the most if you ask me!

*) e.g. 3 pts winner, 2 pts runner-up, 1 pt 3rd place - multiply all pts by a factor of (number of participants of qualifying tourney divided by ten, rounded down, number must be equal to or higher than 1)
Ideally,I would go for this system, but i don't want people to be discriminated just because they didn't go to tournaments that was held before it was counted as a deltävling. I prefer basing the draw on future events if possible.

If it makes for a more intresting qualifier, allow those not really intrested in going to Eurobowl to participating to participate "out of contest", then give the spot to highest rated of those who are really interested.

If the Piteå/Umeå/Sundsvall players want to arrange a qualifier and there is a real interest, then we can hold a qualifier for the Northeners to.
Setomidor wrote:I'm interested too, but have to check my tournament and (work) travel schedule for the fall before making any full committment, but it sure looks interesting.

I'm not sure which qualifier I would be able to make since most of them has already passed, but
I've got reasonable tournament merits (Lost finals in last year's Gothbowl, won this years Nortstar tournament, etc.). How will the FUBBML based qualifier work?

Regards,
Daniel
You are not to late, only one the spots have bin decided. Nice to see a northener anouncing his interest.

The Fumbbl qualifier will be played in a custum setting with Eurobowl Cockerel rules (i read somewhere that could bo done). It will be played as a cup with a requalifier cup for the second spot. Only those dedicated to going to Eurobowl may participate. If we are =<8 or at most 16 that means it will take at most 5 games to decide. It will require a lot of hands-on to make it work but i am prepared to do it. It will be played sometime around midmay. I will return with more info.

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Just wanted to clarify that my point was not at all whether letting tournaments in the past or future qualify, but about letting runners-up and third-spots getting their results acknowledged in the run for the spots in Team Sweden. Edit: My opinion on the time topic is that I cannot see how commitment to past tourneys can be a bad thing, and that counting only newly announced tourneys with only a few weeks notice might level the field slightly.

Either way you decide, adhansa, I stand behind it.

Congratulations to Goth Bowl winner! Is he here on TFF so he could get introduced to us? EDIT: Found Zerak on page 2 of this thread. :)