Eurobowl XI Sweden 22/23 October 2016 in Örebro

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Eurobowl XI Sweden 22/23 October 2016 in Örebro

Post by sann0638 »

Hotel not included I assume. First pass on the website says 3800SEK for a twin room for 2 nights. Any info on the size of the discount?

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

Then the comparisson with the price of Belgium has to have all info. The price for Eurobowl Belgium was all included for three nights stay.

Let's wait to compare then before we have all info.

coma
Veteran
Veteran

Post by coma »

Hotel is not included in the tournament fee.
The price would be 750, 1000 and 1800 SEK for 1, 2 and 4 bedroom with the discount (per night included breakfast).

adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

The hostel looks good :orc:
coma wrote:@Frogboy it will be a secret until the event but it will be Blood Bowl related.
Any reason why? Could we have a little more detail in what's included in the price, I'm not sure if it's because I'm coming from Newport but 85 pound for a cheese sandwich and a re-roll counter seems expensive :o

How much will it cost for a meal, how much for a beer? Some of us are on a tight budget. Maybe you could make the gift bag an option. (How much money from the ticket price is going towards the venue hire+meal vs the gift bag?)

Just trying to see if it's possible so more details would be helpful thanks.

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

At half the price of the hotel - 900 SEK per night for 4 people, good work!

And in English: http://www.orebrocityvandrarhem.se/prices.php?lang=eng

How far from the venue?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Hi coma,

Thanks for the info. As usual, the scoring system was a subject of debate, where did that end up? Just wondering, no great rush.

I doubt it comes as much surprise to many of us that Sweden isn't cheap. I'm sure the organisers did the best they could for us. After booking flights, hotels, trains, airport car parks, buying drinks and shirts and everything else, £20 (or whatever it is) for a re-roll counter and a cheese sandwich isn't going to be the difference between being able to afford the holiday and not. A bit of mystery is all good by me.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Purplegoo wrote:Hi coma,

Thanks for the info. As usual, the scoring system was a subject of debate, where did that end up? Just wondering, no great rush.

I doubt it comes as much surprise to many of us that Sweden isn't cheap. I'm sure the organisers did the best they could for us. After booking flights, hotels, trains, airport car parks, buying drinks and shirts and everything else, £20 (or whatever it is) for a re-roll counter and a cheese sandwich isn't going to be the difference between being able to afford the holiday and not. A bit of mystery is all good by me.
Good for you being able to afford the holiday whatever the cost, now if the organisers could answer my question for the rest of us mere mortals that would be nice :wink:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

I'm not here to argue, and that's quite clearly not what I said.

Always love TFF. Enjoy!

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

:lol: come on £20 for a cheese sandwich and a re-roll counter, you know the score.

We've been waiting ages for some details and now it's still a little vague that's all. I can't be the only one who would like to know what I am paying for. At the moment a feel like I'm stood at the door to a basment bar in Soho with promises of a free drink and a good time if I hand over my money.

Sorry if I have offended people (again), just to clarify if it is a cheese sandwich and a re-roll counter and the rest of the money goes on the venue then that's fine. I'll just make sure to bring some nuts :orc:

kewan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kewan »

Rooms for 1,2 or 4 people, and Euroopen is 3 coaches by team. Could you change that? 2 people teams quite better option, i

MAMMA MIA, MAMMA MIA, CARLOS TUNI!!!!!!!!
coma
Veteran
Veteran

Post by coma »

The gift bag will be more than just a counter (expect lead) but it will not be a whole team as World Cup.
Also the lunches will be a full lunch not a sandwich so I´m told by the venue.

As Purplegoo points out Sweden is expensive and we need to balance the price as much as we can but still present a wortwhile tournament for all attending. If it is not in the budget for some to attend we are very sorry. The decision to not include the hotel in the price was our way to let the coaches on a smaller budget to be able to get a cheaper option.

As for the scoring debate we think there is a majority for keeping it as is (same as Belgium 2014).

@Frogboy we are not offended by your questions! Keep em coming if needed and we will try and answer them to the best of our ability.
@Kewan we dont think 2 or 4 person teams is good for EurOpen. With Eurobowl in Belgium as it was with 3 person teams we think that is perfekt for EurOpen. Sadly there is not 3 person rooms at the hotel. Maybe a friend finder thread on TFF is in order?

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Thank you coma for the answers, that is perfect.

Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arioso »

Just an information from the hotel - when you want to check out on Monday the night from Sunday to Monday isn't included in the discount. Regular price for a double room will be 1400sek. Included in the price is breakfast though.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Hostel is a mile or so from the venue :)

I'm booked in there - thanks for the info guys!

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler