1.100 Elfs (eurobowl)

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Ikterus
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

1.100 Elfs (eurobowl)

Post by Ikterus »

I've decided to go to the Eurobowl.

Right now it looks like I'll bring Elfs. I have a 1st ed team I've wanted to paint for years and this is the motivation I need.

I've also tried Pro Elfs out on FUMBBL and I like the roster.

I have close to no experience from tournaments and would appreciate al input oc how to distribute the skills.

For Eurobowl 2nd tier teams get 1.120 gold, 6 skills and one double.

Thanks in advance.

Reason: ''
Ikterus

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: 1.100 Elfs (eurobowl)

Post by rolo »

Disclaimer: My experience with Pro Elves (and, uh, other races) in tournaments has been mixed. (And there's a lot more losses in that mix than there are wins). But just based on what has gone wrong for me, I'd advise:

- Kick is a trap. It feels like it *should* be good, Pro Elves have the speed and agility to take advantage of a decent kick. But it just never seems to make a difference often enough to justify spending a skill. Worse, lineman attrition means you might eventually have to decide whether to put a position player on the line or your kicker.

- Speaking of which, you really need some reserve players.

- I'm still not sure about the best use of doubles skills; I have taken Guard on a Catcher, and it's good ... but I often find myself wishing he had Dodge. Guard is good, but Guard means that player needs to be in tackle zones to be effective, and with no protection skills and AV7, that's risky.

- Pro Elf Blitzers are great, and with Dodge it's just amazing how good they are. You'll find yourself relying on them over and over.

- Get used to being outnumbered. Pro Elves might just be the least bashy team in the game - even Halflings or Wood Elves will outnumber you by the end of most games.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

I've never played pro elves in a tournament, but this is what I'd go with (and I spent the extra 20k on a skill)

2 Blitzers (Dodge, Guard)
3 Catchers (3x Dodge)
1 Thrower (Leader)
6 Linemen (2x Wrestle)
2 RR
Apo

Not sure about the skills though

JonnyKanone
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JonnyKanone »

A double on elf blitzers triggers Mighty Blow immediately. Go with wrestle on at least one, better on two catchers. With Ma8 they have the potential to sack the opponents ball carrier before his coach will even notice :) The others learn Dodge. Use them as ball carrier. Don't waste time on ball handling with the thrower. The catchers with Dodge will make excellent runners. The trick here is that the catchers simply run two extra fields for a hand-off instead of throwers doing the quick pass. This is so much more reliable in long term IMO.
Leader on the thrower is always great, use him as a regular lineman once the RR is used

But if you struggle with being outnumbered, try high elfs instead the pro elfs. With Armour8 the line man will stay longer on the pitch. 8 is so much more then 7... And seriously, if you must rely on NOS, something is already wrong in your offence... ;)

Just my view probably

RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

I had good success with this roster:

2 Blitzers (2xDiving Tackle)
3 Catchers (2xDodge, 1x Guard)
1 Thrower (Leader)
6 Linemen (1xWrestle, 1xKick)
Apo
2 RR

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

RoterSternHochdahl wrote:I had good success with this roster:

2 Blitzers (2xDiving Tackle)
3 Catchers (2xDodge, 1x Guard)
1 Thrower (Leader)
6 Linemen (1xWrestle, 1xKick)
Apo
2 RR
I would go this roster but with different skills, dodge on both blitzers, probably wrestle instead of guard on the catcher and wrestle or block intead of kick. I tend to think if you survive you win with this team.

It's worked for me, but probably isn't the only way.

Besters

Stig
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Stig »

Defo dodge on the blitzes, blodge and sidestep is amazing.