1200TV Skaven

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

1200TV Skaven

Post by Vanguard »

Taking Skaven to GeordieBowl, 1200TV 5 normal skills plus a double. The twist at GeordieBowl is that you lose a random skill before each match, so one skill will be lost before you even hit the pitch and the last match is played with none.

I'm fairly happy with the following team:
1 Thrower (70k)
5 Linemen (250k)
2 Blitzers (180k)
4 Gutter Runners (320k)
1 Rat Ogre (150k)
3 Re-Rolls (180k)
1 Apothecary (50k)
Total 1200k

13 players plus an Apo may be a bit unnecessary but I'd like to have the Apo to save my positionals and frankly, where else would the cash go? Drop a lineman for +3FF, 1 coach, 1 cheerleader?

I'm much less sure about what skills to take.
Current thoughts are:
Kick on a lineman
Guard on both blitzers
Strip Ball on two Gutter Runners
Claw on the Rat Ogre

Kick is really helpful to Skaven, Strip Ball for knocking the ball loose and Guard to stop the team being out muscled. I've doubled up on Guard and Strip Ball to try to mitigate losing skills. Can't justify doubling up on Kick as a second kick is useless. Should probably really take Block on the Rat Ogre to make him more reliable and keep him on his feet, especially since he'll be used to tie up opposition catchers. Claw and Mighty Blow is just so tempting tho'... :D

Thoughts and opinions?

Reason: ''
Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 1200TV Skaven

Post by Optimus Prime »

i would not take the rat ogre and instead take something else hes unreliable and also if you give him block and he loses it thats just bad... i would focus on maybe more re rolls or linemen to keep bodies on the pitch cause those gutters are gonna cause havoc anyways

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Are starplayer allowed? If yes i would consider plying with a 5th gutter...

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

No, Star Players were unavailable.

I ended up taking the roster above, but swapped Strip Ball for Block on one of the Gutter Runners. Ended up working quite well and took 3rd place which was nice. :D

Block on the Rat Ogre was a huge boost to his reliability and keeping him on his feet. Strip Ball was less impressive, I tended to be up against Sure Hands in the games where I still had Strip Ball.
Kick was invaluable in slowing opponents offence.

20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

I know its over but something to consider for future - put kick on a gutter rather than a lineman, they're better protected.