Dark Elves for Crumb Bowl

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Dark Elves for Crumb Bowl

Post by Skarsnikk »

Crumb Bowl Dark Elves

My proposed team for Crumb is as follows:

Blitzer - Dodge
Blitzer - Dodge
Blitzer - Tackle
Blitzer
Witch Elf - Block
Witch Elf - Wrestle
Runner
Lineman
Lineman
Lineman
Lineman
2 x Re-Roll
1 x Assistant Coach
1 x Cheerleader

I'm pretty happy with the players & current skill set up, though the last skill is the one that needs deciding.

A) Guard on the last Blitzer
B) Block & Sure Hands on the Runner
C) Block & Nerves of Steel on the Runner
D) Block & Dodge on the Runner (taking Dodge off a Blitzer, who would get Tackle or Strip Ball)

The other potential option would be to swap out either the Runner or a Witch Elf for another Lineman, the Witch Elf would also net me an Apoth. This move slows the team down a bit but nets me an additional body for the los.

Just to clarify, teams are allowed 5 normal skills and 1 double, or 6 normal skills, 2 on player #4. Skills can only be taken twice across a team.

Any thoughts and comments appreciated!

Reason: ''
For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Tricky. Guard is superb, but I'm not sure its better than sure hands and dodge on a blitzer.

Why take the runner? If you're not going to skill him seriously consider a lineman instead.

Lastly - if you go C, consider wrestle and NOS instead. It goes better with dumpoff, takes advantage of his higher movement and gives him a purpose on defence

Good luck!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Dark Elves for Crumb Bowl

Post by Skarsnikk »

Thanks for the feedback!

I like the Runner for his better speed, but I agree, if I don't take any skills on him I'll take a Lineman instead.

I hadn't actually considered Sure Hands & Dodge on a Blitzer, makes him a dedicated ball carrier, but that's no real problem. It's definitely worth thinking about, the question would then be, what to spend the last single normal skill on?

For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Don't forget you can "swap" the double skill for 2 normal on No 4 on your roster, so a wrestle / leap witch elf or a Surehands / dodge Blitzer are both doable :D

juck101
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by juck101 »

Guard blitzer is a no brainer for me. Av8 high move, block- er great looking candidate for guard.

On a good day I dodge my guard to make a blitz action, he makes a block and then goes to assist TWO other players via guard. With blodge and frenzy I have all the tools I need.

...the pope said to his aid...
DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

if you are taking the runner you should take Leader

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

This tournament has been played. :)

Looks like Skarsnikk opened with a loss to undead, but bounced back with a huge win over his dark elf brothers and then finished by beating haflings.

juck101

Post by juck101 »

So how did it go Skarsnikk ?

...the pope said to his aid...