How to 1TTD twice in the same half with Undead

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

How to 1TTD twice in the same half with Undead

Post by Smeborg »

The following happened at a recent tourney. With apologies to my hapless opponent. Undead vs. Skaven.

Turn 1: Blitz + Wizard + jam
-----------------------------------------
Kicked, got a Blitz!, cleared a path, 2 GFIs to put a Ghoul under the ball, another 2 GFIs to put a Wight alongside him. The Ghoul caught the kick-off (4+). On my opponent's turn 1, Skitter stabs the ball-carrying Ghoul, succeeds (CAS), the ball scatters to Skitter, who catches it. I now have an isolated Wight in 3 TZs, the rest of my team are screened off and cannot reach him. On my turn 1, I lob a Lightning Bolt at Skitter, bring him down, the ball scatters not so well for me, into a Skaven TZ. Never mind, the Wight dodges onto the ball (4+), picks it up (4+) dodges out (3+) and GFIs twice to score. No RR required, naturally.

Turn 8: Riot + more jam
-----------------------------------
After a very long and very wild drive, my opponent scores on his turn 8 with a Gutter Runner crowdsurfing a Ghoul (CAS) to score. I set up my 11 remaining players with the idea of making a 1TTD, but it is a longshot, 4 chain pushes required, but Guard Mummies are handy for this sort of thing. However, I get a Riot, I push a Wight and a Ghoul forward, they get a little support from other players, especially a Zombie who GFIs twice to guard the wing. Another Zombie GFIs twice, but falls over (CAS, Regen fails). In his repeat turn 8, my opponent swarms my Receivers, but cannot surround them thanks to the supporting Zombie on the wing (the centre was secure). On my turn 8, I do what I can to clear things, a GFI by a Guard Mummy, a Blitz by a Wight to reduce TZs on the Ghoul to 1, then I hand-off to the Ghoul (4+), and dodge him through (IIRC it was 4+, 3+ and 1 GFI). No RR available. Result: I lead 2-1 at half time and am receiving at the beginning of the second half (albeit with only 10 players left).

A feat I do not expect to repeat often. My 3rd TD in the 2nd half was probably luckier than either of the above, but that is another story.

All the best.

Reason: ''
Smeborg the Fleshless
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: How to 1TTD twice in the same half with Undead

Post by Moraiwe »

Thread should be renamed "How to fail at counting up to two."

Reason: ''