[NAF World Cup V] French application LYON

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Tulkas
Rookie
Rookie

[NAF World Cup V] French application LYON

Post by Tulkas »

Some of you here know me as the organizer of the Bowl des Neiges, the oldest non-stop tournament in France. I am at my 6th organization in October (edition 18) and we are doing it again in February 2022.

I am part of a French team which has decided to present a candidacy file to organize the World Cup in Lyon in 2023. While waiting for the NAF to launch the files, we have already launched a communication campaign in parallel with the construction of our application.

We communicate on the networks the elements of our file:
https://www.facebook.com/LyonNafWorldCup2023
https://twitter.com/LyonNafWorldCup

If you have any questions about our project, do not hesitate to ask us questions here or on the networks.

Are you keen to come to Lyon?

Tulkas

We promise you that the beer will be good, fresh and cheap

Reason: ''
Member of the Legendary team "Spartakulés"
NAF World Cup III - Ronde 1 - 6-0

"Spartakules were the stars of Round 1, being the only team to pick up the full six points."

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: [NAF World Cup V] French application LYON

Post by lunchmoney »

Yes, spreading the rumour that you'd already won the bid before the process had even started was a bold move :)

(And whilst I say you spread a rumour I am aware you may not have, but that is the news I heard therefore it is a rumour that exists.)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

Well my wife has said she is happy to go to France, so thats a thumbs up for me.

I am a pro "fun" guy.
Tulkas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tulkas »

lunchmoney wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:05 pm Yes, spreading the rumour that you'd already won the bid before the process had even started was a bold move :)

(And whilst I say you spread a rumour I am aware you may not have, but that is the news I heard therefore it is a rumour that exists.)
Hello,
As you guess, the rumor was not our fault. We had prepared the "facebook ring", the facebook page and a lot of communication stuff but we weren't decided when to start the whole circus.

The facebook "decor" in french, AKA the ring on the personnal picture is public as soon as it was created. I have no idea were it start, but one day, a french coach found it, wear it, and the French community seized it in numbers.
It was a huge success that we didn't expect. Then we saw that on that ring, there was no indication that it was just an bid, sorry ... The facebook page was clearer but a lot of people thought that the decision was made.
Mystic Force wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:59 pm Well my wife has said she is happy to go to France, so thats a thumbs up for me.
We all hope that France is a strong asset to our bid. (and Paris is 2 hours by train)

Member of the Legendary team "Spartakulés"
NAF World Cup III - Ronde 1 - 6-0

"Spartakules were the stars of Round 1, being the only team to pick up the full six points."

lyetownmax
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lyetownmax »

It's near enough to Genoa to get my vote!

Mystic Force
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mystic Force »

Tulkas wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:03 am
Mystic Force wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:59 pm Well my wife has said she is happy to go to France, so thats a thumbs up for me.
We all hope that France is a strong asset to our bid. (and Paris is 2 hours by train)
Well my wife has been giving me crap since 2003 that when she came over to England to see me that we did not go to Paris but instead went to see my parents, so I can get that monkey off my back. Although Lyon is the home town of the intern on international assignment that came over for thanksgiving a few years back, and his accent got all the women in my house excited, so this might be interesting......

If you win I will be there rolling dice!

I am a pro "fun" guy.