Post by noder »

Any pictures of the Staff minis ?... :)

Reason: ''
Twyllenimor
Veteran
Veteran

Re: WORLD CUP 2019 in Dornbirn, 3.-6. Oct. 2019

Post by Twyllenimor »

I will post them when we have the pictures. Stay tuned!

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

As of now the staff minis are scheduled to be 3D modelled in September. We will post 3D renderings and concept sketches before registration starts.

As you can see on the webpage, the concept sketches for the team minis and the final miniatures are very close.

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Twyllenimor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twyllenimor »

As in Lucca, every squad has to bring at least 3 game boards to cover for every game. Please note, that only the NEW SIZE pitches are allowed due to the large number of new size minis we expect. We highly recommend to get one of the World Cup IV pitches, which have the correct size.

zulu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by zulu »

Twyllenimor wrote:As in Lucca, every squad has to bring at least 3 game boards to cover for every game. Please note, that only the NEW SIZE pitches are allowed due to the large number of new size minis we expect. We highly recommend to get one of the World Cup IV pitches, which have the correct size.
I could not see that on the World Cup site ( I may have missed it). I would suggest that you highlight that. In Lucca most people went with the option of buying the personalized pitch for €32 so we never brought any to there.

Twyllenimor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twyllenimor »

It was mentioned in an email to the captains that they had to bring boards to Lucca. Normally it was no problem because many players ordered a World Cup pitch.

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

zulu wrote:
I could not see that on the World Cup site ( I may have missed it). I would suggest that you highlight that. In Lucca most people went with the option of buying the personalized pitch for €32 so we never brought any to there.
It was stated in the NAF FAQ
https://www.thenaf.net/2015/10/naf-world-cup-iii-faq/

We will also inform the team captains about this again. With more than one year to go, I believe getting three new size boards for the entire squad should not cause too much headache.

... or do the same as in Lucca, get the designated World Cup pitch and dugouts :D

www.biboba.de
zulu
Experienced
Experienced

Post by zulu »

I think you both have rather missed the point of my post and maybe I need to be clearer. My suggestion would be to include that information on your main World Cup website, perhaps under additional notes in the Rules part,

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Indeed, I missed that point. Sorry. I'm having trouble uploading new info on the webpage since yesterday due to a provider hick-up. I'll add this as soon as these problems are solved

www.biboba.de
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

After review of the last announcement of the World Cup organisation team, we will modify the ruling on the pitches as following:
- Every squad has to bring 3 gaming boards (pitches). No exception allowed. It is still recommended to bring new scale boards.
- If a coach brings a new scale team or his team has at least 4 miniatures on bases 32mm or larger, he/she is required to bring a new scale pitch. This may force a squad to bring more than just three boards.
- If two different scaled teams are playing against each other, the new scale board is mandatory to be used. Refs will enforce this rule if called to this table in case of a dispute.
- The ONLY exception is if a coach brings a self-made stadium of the old scale and the opponent agrees to play on a lovely scenery board. This is in order to respect and honor the time and effort a coach has put into building a great looking stadium.

The NAF committee has approved this ruling in their last meeting.

Outside of this ruling, we still recommend to get one of the limited edition World Cup pitches. A World Cup pitch will count towards the above ruling and fulfills the requirement to bring a board.

www.biboba.de
Twyllenimor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twyllenimor »

The World Cup Organisation Committee is proud to announce that the links for Rental Car and Hotel Reservations are now available on the official WC4 webpage (under "Registration"). It is available in all 5 languages.

Please note, that despite our efforts to reach the lowest prices possible, there might be limited special offers on Expedia.com, Booking.com or other webpages, which are cheaper than the rates we have negotiated. Before making reservations, we advise you to explore these options as well."

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Why are you asking for shirt size, out of interest?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

if we reach a certain number of participants we plan to hand out commemorative shirts.

www.biboba.de
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

In regards of the rental cars: please keep in mind that these special rates can be obtained in Austria, Germany and Switzerland. The rates are the same within each country, but differ slightly between the countries, mostly because of a different Value Added Tax percentage in the countries (or different currency in Switzerland)

In regards of hotels: on the webpages of the hotels the dates might not be marked as available, but if you follow the link to the WC4 homepage, you will be directed to a special booking page including some day before, during and after the World Cup, which are reserved for World Cup coaches. If the reserved rooms are all used up the hotel will not show up in the list of available rooms any longer.

www.biboba.de
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Little hint about hotel booking.

When you enter the number of adults in the booking form, do NOT put the total number of people in there, e.g. do not put in 6 because you want to book for the whole squad. You need to think ahead about how you will be distributed in the rooms, e.g. 1 single (adults=1), 1 double (adults=2) and a triple room (adults=3). In the form you can add rooms by clicking on "+add unit" (see attachment)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

www.biboba.de