How to count casualties??

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

JonnyKanone
Experienced
Experienced

How to count casualties??

Post by JonnyKanone »

Maybe a little late, but what was a casualty according to the rule set? 73 sounds incredibly high in case only CAS from blocking were counted... Would mean around 8(!) CAS per game. I am asking because some of our opponents also tried to count dodge and crowd pushes in.

Maybe this was unclear in the rule set?!

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: How to count casualties??

Post by sann0638 »

Maybe so. It should have been Blocking casualties only.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

The standard at every tournament I've been to has been "only casualties which would get you SPP count".

There were several teams of all-piling-on Ogres playing for Most Cas. They let their opponents score 6-8 touchdowns so that they get three opponents to hit as often as possible. Pile on for every armor roll and non-cas injury. Especially against AV7 or 8 opponents, 6-8 casualties is certainly possible per game. And one of those teams can get a little lucky with their opponents and injury rolls and cause 73.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
JonnyKanone
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JonnyKanone »

I am used to counting block casualties only as well. Unfortunately this information is not in the rule set for the world cup (or at least I couldn't find it). I guess this is also why some of our opponents wanted to count dodge, fouls and crowd pushes for CAS, which we denied. I am not saying that 73 is impossible, but it is very very high.

73 is such a high number I looked up the roster and found one dirty player and two sneaky gits... I will not blame someone but would like have this clarified in the rules. That's all, thank you!

swifty
Rookie
Rookie

Post by swifty »

Hehe, I've played against one of those ogre teams. It's simple like hell. Turn 1, he receives; end of turn 1: 3 CAS, 1 KO, game is starting for me... with 7 elves left. :) Edit: he ended up with 6 CAS.

The trick is 5-6 ogres with piling-on and to get the 3 dice block every time; also, one of the ogre coaches had mighty blow on a skink (hehe again).

Plus when they played against undead, the regen let them CAS the regen'd players one more time. So, nice job from the ogre guys! :D

Also... shouldn't I get an award too as the friendliest (the most fair) team in the whole tournament? ;) I had managed to do a single CAS... (Yes, 1 CAS, and yes I did plenty of blocks...)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Ah, I checked at the half way point and the leaders were all Piling On ogres. Just checked again - so was this guy! But with some DP snotlings, just for the fun I guess :D

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

swifty wrote:Also... shouldn't I get an award too as the friendliest (the most fair) team in the whole tournament? ;) I had managed to do a single CAS... (Yes, 1 CAS, and yes I did plenty of blocks...)
Nope, all a stunt like that gets you is a course in remedial Blood Bowl for beginners, or maybe a new set of dice! ;)

Panico
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Panico »

Hi there... I was one of the refs, and I clarified to everyone who asked me (actually, a lot) that only blocking casualties counts, as by the rules and every tournament ruleset.

That was strange to me, but with 912 people, I got very intriguing and particular questions, but also very simple and "stupid" ones. I tought that "which CAS counts" was one of the simples questions.

That said I personally know the guy who won the MOST CAS; is it exactly as someone says earlier. He didn't care at all about the score, he was just playing for the most cas (as a lot of mono/piling on ogre teams). So he never went for the ball or attaccking/defending properly, he just went for 3 dice blocks with piling on.

Fair? Maybe not. Legal? Yes.

Anyway, all of the matches was signed by the opponent, and it's difficult for me to imagine that 9 opponents didn't know that only blocking casualtieds counts.

Watch out: There's Panico in the stadium...
REMEMBER PAT TILLMAN
Italian Open 2004 (lucky) winner
Dutch Open 2006 (very lucky) winner
Monkeybowl 2007 (very lucky bastard) winner
swifty
Rookie
Rookie

Post by swifty »

rolo wrote:
swifty wrote:Also... shouldn't I get an award too as the friendliest (the most fair) team in the whole tournament? ;) I had managed to do a single CAS... (Yes, 1 CAS, and yes I did plenty of blocks...)
Nope, all a stunt like that gets you is a course in remedial Blood Bowl for beginners, or maybe a new set of dice! ;)
Ah, it's a shame! :pissed: :lol: :lol:

One of my teammates played against the CAS winner (Necromunda), he scored 7 CAS on a lizardmen team and at one point in the 2nd half he even asked the ref if he auto-won the match, because only 2 skinks could line up on the LOS. I think everyone who played these destroyer ogres learned the 'what-happens-if-i-can't-field-a-single-player' set of rules. :) (Hint: the opponent scores a TD and spend a turn celebrating.)

rolo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by rolo »

swifty wrote:I think everyone who played these destroyer ogres learned the 'what-happens-if-i-can't-field-a-single-player' set of rules. :) (Hint: the opponent scores a TD and spend a turn celebrating.)
Right, and each time, roll KOs again until you can field three players.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

rolo wrote:
swifty wrote:I think everyone who played these destroyer ogres learned the 'what-happens-if-i-can't-field-a-single-player' set of rules. :) (Hint: the opponent scores a TD and spend a turn celebrating.)
Lets hope you spent two turns celebrating...

In the rare event that one team has no players to set up after
KO"d rolls, both teams' turn markers are moved forward along
the turn track two spaces and if one team could field at least one
player then that team is awarded a touchdown (however no
player receives Star Player points (see page 25) for this. If this
takes the number of turns to 8 or more for both teams, then the
half ends. If there are still turns left in the half, then continue
playing as if a drive has just ended (i.e. clear the pitch and roll for
KO'd players).

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

rolo wrote:
This rule is only if you can't field at least one player on the pitch.