All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Vinz D.
Veteran
Veteran

Re: World Cup - Time to Stunt(y)

Post by Vinz D. »

:pissed:

Despite how poor my NAF record is with Goblins, I have improved over time. At the moment, I can realistically set myself the goal of attempting to lose (at most) half my games at a tournament... which is what I try with every team, cause I currently do better with Goblins, then I did with Skaven at some tournaments. That, however, says more about my skill as a coach, then the team I field. (hehehe). However, this year I am so far at a 5/7/13 record (for Goblins), which is something I see as a good result for me. And still gives room for improvement.
Still, the room for skill choices with Stunty teams makes such a huge world of difference... Then again, we've had that discussion in the past (or should have it in Lucca again ;) ), so we know where we both stand on it. Or, to phrase it differently: We'll see who's right on the 8th. (hahaha)

Reason: ''
"Goblin aficionado and collector of Wooden Spoons"
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

I played both in tournaments ( and won stunty cups with both)

the gobbo's are 1 for 1 better than 'Flings (+1 Mv, +1Av for very little more)

the trees are better than trolls easily , trolls are the only big guys with 3 negatraits (Loner/really stupid/always hungry) where the only bad thing about the trees is their poor movement and root, although no loner helps with that, and that stupid 4+ to stand up rubbish.

Stars?? Deeproot and Puggy alone give the flings the edge, both reliable, deeproot S7 + Block, Puggy blodge, and goes everywhere on a 3!! ok he's strength 2 but against other S2 players he's a menace.... Zara cannot be discounted either.......

secret weapons?? Cool unless you roll a 1, then its a problem, also the old "Ill score on turn 7 so you get then for 1 turn and have to use your bribe" metagaming comes into play....I don't blame anyone for doing it though' its part of the game.

master Chef like the weapons can be hit or miss.....

The point is this, we as a group are spend our hard earned cash to go to the biggest tournament ever, and play teams we WANT to play, I could have taken dark elves ( like the last WC) and finished mid table (3/3/3) or maybe done better with Chaos dwarves...... But I wanted to take my Gobbo's to a WC, and I am!!

I salute all BBers who are attending, good on you, woodelves coaches to dwarves coaches you can shake my hand and then beat the crap out of my team, but deep down you will know that you are not enjoying the game anymore than I am, and that my friend is what its all about...

stunty coaches, what's your goals?? TTM TD? Most cas? Most sending offs? win 2 games? ( that's mine) or just enjoy yourself? either way I hope you all achieve it, the world is watching my stunted bretheren!! make them cheer you, or fear you!!

see you next week

The Glow-Father

kwèk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kwèk »

Goals?

Kickin' Ass Of Course :P :P :P

Love the Right Stuff
go the hakes
Rookie
Rookie

Post by go the hakes »

Hello. I play "underworld" at the WC and maybe it's really a stunty team ... i hope :wink:

Angry Hobbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Angry Hobbit »

My goals:-
1. FUN - why else would I spend all that money going to a tournament I can't win., plus meeting likewise nutters who play stunties. :lol:
2. Casualties - 3 treemen aught to do some damage.
3. The glory - I would like to get at least two wins with one against a tier 1 team if possible.

And as my team mate the Glow Father said, shake my hand and beat the crap out of my team...
rolo wrote:If any of you run up against my Dwarves, I'll buy you a drink so you don't feel like you just wasted two hours of your life

(That's not a comment on my skill, just the reality of what happens when Block and Tackle meet low armor and Stunty ...)
If we meet, I will have that drink and maybe buy you one back after if the game was fun.

As Rincewind would say - "We who are about to die - would rather not"

Unsafely throwing team mates since 2011

lower mid table mediocrity achieved (2019)
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Angry Hobbit wrote:If we meet, I will have that drink and maybe buy you one back after if the game was fun.
I'll do my best to make it boring and one-sided. But my best isn't always good enough. I already have a 1-1 tie against Ogres on my record!

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Angry Hobbit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Angry Hobbit »

rolo wrote:
Angry Hobbit wrote:If we meet, I will have that drink and maybe buy you one back after if the game was fun.
I'll do my best to make it boring and one-sided. But my best isn't always good enough. I already have a 1-1 tie against Ogres on my record!
When things get boring, I tend to go ballistic - with my flings that is, so any player on the pitch is a valid target :o But even boring can be interesting for me if I see an opportunity for some fun on the pitch.

Unsafely throwing team mates since 2011

lower mid table mediocrity achieved (2019)
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

The real question before doing some pronostics on this GREAT stunty challenge, is how of those coachs have already won a TOURNEY with the stunty rosters they are coming with?

Kwek won a tourney with his "Groovy Grass Blowers".
Who else?

Vinz D.
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vinz D. »

Well, my main goal for tournaments is losing at most fifty percent of my matches, so five games at best... at worst? :|
Aside from that, I am part of an amazing team, hope to meet some people whom I haven't seen and spoken in a while, as well as meeting some new faces, and (hopefully) get nine entertaining matches for both myself and my opponent.

... and, of course, no matter our results; Stunty coaches are always the best ones. :wink:

"Goblin aficionado and collector of Wooden Spoons"
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

kwèk wrote:
RoterSternHochdahl wrote:No way Gobbos are going to do better than Flings with these rules. There may be an exception to the rule but on average Halflings are more reliable in tournament surroundings.

Why is that?

... Goblins also give away some of their stability for some chaotic carnage that has the possibility to massively change the game. A good bomb here and there... will help a lot. The auto-included Chainsaw (if wielded correctly) can solve one of the biggest problems that Stunties have... getting down a Block/Dodge ball carrier.

Amazons - Start with 4
Dark Elves - Ussually take at least 1 to 2 Block / Dodge combinations day 1... and it will only get worst later on
Pro Elves - Ussually skill up 1 blitzer... and give some dodge to others
High-Elf - Ussually skill up 1 blitzer day 1
Humans - Sometimes skill up 1 catcher day 1
Necromantic - With day 1 having access to so manny skills... there is a good chance you'll be facing 2x Blodge Ghouls
Norse Team - Maybe (just maybe) 1 runner day 1... but some guys tend to skill him up later in the tournament (if they bring one)
Undead - Sometimes skill up 1 Ghoul day 1
Wood Elves - Start with 2 blodgers

So chances of already facing blodgers day 1 ... Amazons, Dark Elves, Necromantic, Undead, Wood Elves... 5 of some of the most prefered teams. Halflings have a huge problem with Blodge... since taking "wrestle" is a double skill... and it's not that there are so manny skills to be given to keep up with everybody. If the goblins can make a gap... the chainsaw can step in, and try to do it's thing. You break armour (kickback included) 7 like 60,19% of the time, and armour 8: 48,61% of the time. Include a reroll for the kickback... and they are both more then 50%. Getting down and reaching for the ball. Most Fling coaches are just happy if they get a 2d against ... lol, and they are really happy if they have the opportunity to get the 1D (if the other guy runs out of guys OR positions badly). That's 2,78% on the 2D against and 16,67% on the 1D POW.

Tier 2, already starts with 4 normal skills + 1 double... So that doesnt make the little ones that much better in comparisson to them. When it comes to Tier 1 teams, they are ahead 1 skill and 1 double (huray).
On day 2 everyone gets the same skill choices... so that doesnt make the Stunties better... in most cases (because a double means a much wanted "general skill" because of the "only agility acces / strenth acces") it's even worst. In the last day... The stunties are going to have a really really bad day. Since they become worst the more skills the opponent has. Side Step / Sure feet or even a Blodge Halfling/Goblin doesnt really make up for all the Mighty Blow / Guard / Tackle / Wrestle / Blodge that wil be running around that day.

Next to that... people will be picking up Block... Block is just muder for both teams... but that brings us to the next point:
Goblins are just the better player (when it comes to it). If they actually go down you have a chance of 41,67% of breaking armour 7. While the Halfling will break 58,33% of the times. Tripping over your feet, making a failed dodge roll, just getting bugged by Block/Pows... the fact that gobos have 1 armour more... makes them more forgiving then the Flings. I also believe this equals out the "stability factor" a bit... since flings really are not stable. Sometimes you just loose because people break to much armour early... sometimes you just stay in the game since they are not able to break the armour... but that last part happens far less the the games where they just die quick.

Of course you can start a conversation about the Treeman against the Troll... yes they lost "loner"... lol... but the troll can go stupid... and the chances of throwing a gobo with the troll is less then treeman (I all agree). But once the Treeman faces of his 1 on the take root... that's it. You are literally stuck, while the troll in the folowing turns will be getting up (don't even talk about "getting up" when the tree goes down) and doing his thing. It's annoying, but I believe it would be more annoying if they lost all movement. I'm not sure... But I don't think anny Gobo coach will choose "Take Root" on their trolls over "really stupid" (even if they loose loner in the process).

Goblins also beat flings when it comes to movement... the only way to really keep up is to throw flings that are left behind... back into defence. A risky business for sure. The other thing you can do is give them side step... so the advance of the other party is stopped by failed blitzes and blocks (go go pushback results).

The starplayers ussually make the team better against "blocking" teams... Sometimes Ripper / Fungus the Loon / Deeproot can do enough damadge that horde of little guys can take down the Blodgers in the running teams. Nobla is the better but risky defence against more Blodge, this also goes for "zarra"... but "zarra" means sacrificing Deeproot or the Mastercheff... kind of a hard bargain for a girl that sometimes just doesnt help annything... And Stab still being kind of problematic at times.

The last bit that can seriously go wrong... is the weather table. Goblins care a bit less about verry sunny (since their gobo trowing is a bit less used... while it's one of the better fling weapons). Of course the bomber gets a bit more sucky but flings tend to throw a lot more... then the verry verry worst thing that can happen for both teams is a "blizard"... but 6 vs 5 movement is still a huge diffrence. Flings tend to "go for it" a lot more...

So I don't really see why a good goblin coach would automatically be in disadvantage of a halfling team?
Very well summed up.

But this thread has made me want to go stunty on the next tournament.....
I want to get in that list!

RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

Vinz D. wrote::pissed:

Despite how poor my NAF record is with Goblins, I have improved over time. At the moment, I can realistically set myself the goal of attempting to lose (at most) half my games at a tournament... which is what I try with every team, cause I currently do better with Goblins, then I did with Skaven at some tournaments. That, however, says more about my skill as a coach, then the team I field. (hehehe). However, this year I am so far at a 5/7/13 record (for Goblins), which is something I see as a good result for me. And still gives room for improvement.
Still, the room for skill choices with Stunty teams makes such a huge world of difference... Then again, we've had that discussion in the past (or should have it in Lucca again ;) ), so we know where we both stand on it. Or, to phrase it differently: We'll see who's right on the 8th. (hahaha)
You love the game, mate!

(kwek is just a powergamer in a halfling's skin :D)

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
kwèk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kwèk »

RoterSternHochdahl wrote:(kwek is just a powergamer in a halfling's skin :D)

Nah :oD If I was a Power Player... I would be playing Goblins.
I'm just a Grinder... grinding away... trying to make people cry, without falling to tears myself.
babass wrote:Kwek won a tourney with his "Groovy Grass Blowers".
Who else?

Lol Babass, don't say that :lol: :lol: :lol: ... if people knew the entire story about that tournament... it wouldn't shine as bright as you make it seem. In truth I went 4/1/2 the entire weekend... And I was lucky on day 2 (which was a mini tournament with a seperate price). I can't help it if I double Pow the ballcarying Bull Centour Twice... and double Pow the Blodge werewolf in the next game :lol: :lol:

The flings where just in the zone that day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Afroman wrote:
Very well summed up.

But this thread has made me want to go stunty on the next tournament.....
I want to get in that list!

Another 4 years my man... just go out there... into the high mountains, flogg yourself, harden yourself, try to make your mind clear... clear it from expectations, burn sigarets on your skin, ...and when you think you are ready... gear up some Green skins or Flings... and try to develop a playing style. You'll make it :smoking:

Love the Right Stuff
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

kwek wrote:I can't help it if I double Pow the ballcarying Bull Centour Twice... and double Pow the Blodge werewolf in the next game
Don't underestimate your halflings!
And keep in mind, Halflings should be opportunist, and without mercy :)

kwèk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kwèk »

babass wrote: And keep in mind, Halflings should be opportunist, and without mercy :)
Glad someone reminded me of that before I go to Italy
Makes me think of that one time that I got most casualties after 6 games :D and still had a negative casualtie result of -2
19 vs 21 8) 8) yeah 8) 8)

Love the Right Stuff
plt44
Rookie
Rookie

Post by plt44 »

thank you for analysis and for putting my team composition as a composition of Stunty .
I returned to the Cyanide blood bowl game and found out ogres and SNOTS with the edition Legend

In truth it is currently facing or online, I only play this team .
I am a coach in the spirit that makes snot SNOTS players apart from the whole team.
I do not make a miracle in tournaments but when I started playing online, I promised myself one thing:
- Yes it will be hard , yes I would lose most of my games, but the coach in front , it must leached out if he wins , saying that it was very difficult .
Okay so strongly the start of the competition even if I 'm having trouble against the Darks Efs Tank

A Lucca soon

ps: thank you to Google for translation