NAF Blood Bowl World Cup II November 18-20, 2011

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Dave
Info Ed

NAF Blood Bowl World Cup II November 18-20, 2011

Post by Dave »

Tonight we've kicked off organization of the next NAF BB worldcup. I've opened up this thread as we're very much aware you lot want information ASAP.

we've decided on the following time-path:
1st of November; announcement of date, venue and costs involved. Start of website in rudimentary form
1st of December; announcement of ruleset
1st of January; start of pre-registration and announcement of possible deals with Hotels and the like.

We're aiming to keep the cost at a minimum but as the tournament is large (expensive venue) and we'll need to arrange food (at least 5 meals) that's quite a challenge.

We'll keep you posted!!

Lucy, Niels, Dave

Reason: ''
Dave
Info Ed

Re: NAF Blood Bowl World Cup II, OFFICIAL thread

Post by Dave »

Hi,

I know you lot waited for this moment and yess, we have a date, a severely probable place but not yet a website or an exact price figure.

The NAF Worldcup 2011 will take place November 18, 19 and 20 in Amsterdam.

The location will most probabely (95%) be one of the vast halls (considering it's in the Netherlands) of the RAI, with a large cafe next door. The RAI also offers a Hotel Service that will be available via our (upcoming) website.

The cost is not yet definite as we are still negotiating food, price of said stuff and other items we may or may not need (personell being one :D). Currently you'll have to count on a tournament price between 100 and 150 euro's. That will include three lunches. We are aware that that's quite expensive but Amsterdam is far from cheap venue wise.

The other dates still stand. This mean we'll work hard, real hard to give you guys more certain numbers ASAP.

Lucy, Niels and Dave

website or the RAI: http://www.rai.nl/en/Pages/default.aspx

Dave
Info Ed

Re: NAF Blood Bowl World Cup II November 18-20, 2011

Post by Dave »

Hi All,

it's the first of December and we promised an update.

The negotiations with the RAI are slightly slow but we're quite busy trying to hurry them up at the moment.
What we can say for sure is that pre-registration will start at December 18th. We'll have spots both for teams and for individuals without teams. There will be a limited amount of teams available per country, as per the previous WC, but I can't give that list, yet.

Preregistration will take place at the NAF site but I will keep a list updated at TFF for convenience. Also NAF is working on a site where payments etc can be made. We can't start the real registration before that's done.

We're trying very, very hard to keep costs as low as possible, we'll update that as soon as possible.

CU
Lucy and Dave

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

As already stated here and on NAF forum, teams are to consist of 6 coaches and it'll be a 3 day, 9 games event.

We're also planning a Street Bowl (2 nights, 6 games??) and Colleges of MAgic (2 nights, 4 games??) side-event for the evenings.

Hopefully we can also get room in to allow companies like GW, Impact!, RollJordan etc etc the chance to sell their goods

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

this will be posted on the NAF site, registration will be delayed by 4 days. We're very much aware that that's not what you lot want to hear but there's a lot of stuff going on that takes up a sh!tload of our time atm, all concerning the WC.

Code: Select all

Hi,

After suggestions from the community, we revert to the following in an attempt to get everyone in:

We’ll open the pre-registration on December 22.
If more teams than those allocated to a country are registered on the NAF website, then the organization will organize a draw on the 6th of January. Teams that, after the draw, are not entered in the World Cup will be listed on a reserves list. For other countries, the 22nd of February will remain the closing date for application. After this date, we will draw teams randomly, although countries with few allocated spots on the original list will get better draw chances (like Austria, Portugal etc).

Payment has to be organized after the 22nd of February in a two weeks period. Teams who’ll drop out or don’t pay in this period will clear their spot for another team from their country if possible. It that's not possible a random team from the reserves list will be allowed to arrange payment and enter the tournament.

This quotum looks as follows: 

Denmark - 4
Italy - 7
Australia/New Zealand - 4
USA – 4
Canada - 4
Austria – 1
Switzerland - 1
Spain - 7
Dutch - 4 
Germany - 5
France - 8
UK/British Isles - 7
Belgium - 5
Portugal – 1
Other - 2

10 places single registration

These quota will be in effect untill February 18th 2011, 14:00 CET. After that you can (pre-) register for any leftover places on a first come first served basis. Also please note that last time’s winners are entitled one of France’s eight team allocations.

To preregister your team, reply to this post by copying the following and filling in the blanks. Replies that do not use this format will be ignored and deleted.

Team Name	:
Coach		NAF Name			NAF Number
Captain	:				:
Coach #2	:				:
Coach #3	:				:
Coach #4	:				:
Coach #5	:				:
Coach #6	:				:

A team should consist of six coaches that are bound by one way or another. This can mean they’re all from the same country, gaming club, share first name or adore the same Blood Bowl – related deity (or whatever you silly-minded men can come up with). Also each coach must already be a NAF member when registrating for the tournament. Please note that as it’s the NAF World Cup the title can only be won by a team consisting of coaches that have the same nationality.

To preregister yourself as an individual coach, reply to this post by compying the following and filling in the blanks. Replies that do not use this format will be ignored and deleted.

Individual
NAF Name:					NAF Number:

We’ll keep the first post updated so you can see how the quota fill up.
Al list of preregistered teams and individuals will be visible in the second post.

Good Luck!
Lucy and Dave
NAF Staff

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

After suggestions from the community, we revert to the following in an attempt to get everyone in:

We’ll open the pre-registration on December 22.
If more teams than those allocated to a country are registered on the NAF website, then the organization will organize a draw on the 6th of January. Teams that, after the draw, are not entered in the World Cup will be listed on a reserves list. For other countries, the 22nd of February will remain the closing date for application. After this date, we will draw teams randomly, although countries with few allocated spots on the original list will get better draw chances (like Austria, Portugal etc).

Payment has to be organized after the 22nd of February in a two weeks period. Teams who’ll drop out or don’t pay in this period will clear their spot for another team from their country if possible. It that's not possible a random team from the reserves list will be allowed to arrange payment and enter the tournament.