Wales recruitment, an offical statement.

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Northernknight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Wales recruitment, an offical statement.

Post by Northernknight »

Just to plead my case, I want to share my plans for this team.
Yes the world cup is great, and it would be amazing if we can get a representative team there. But what I am really hoping for is to get a team established properly. One that can go to the Euros, as well as the next WC, and have a good time. I dont mean a serious team that will try and win tournaments (unless we are lucky enough to have that good a talent pool!), just one that can enjoy the wins we get, and ignore the defeats. Any victory is worth celebrating, but a win over the ENglish or the Scots should spark a celebration of mega proportions, which we will never let them forget :D

Its about time somebody broke up the Anglo-Scottish strangle that is on the game in the UK and takes it too them! (or at least, we can go and drink too much around them). Im not aiming for fully Welsh people here, im only a quarter Welsh myself as is Polarbear (the other member so far!), just people that have a Welsh heritage, and dont really want the pressure of a large pool of players such as the Scots and the English can draw on. Please, if it sounds fun, do volunteer.

Reason: ''
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

:o :o :o

seriously scotland is in the same boat as yourselves, we've just worked out how to paddle. last year was our first eurobowl and a lack of depth almost ruined our chances of getting there but that's another story.

you've definately got a chance of getting a team together when it's being held in this country. i think that's part of the reason we've got our team together so far. hope you lot do get a team together though.i know fen's in wales and there's a bloke who's not long signed up as well but i forget his name at the minute. also have a word with leon (nuffle-is-a-woodelf) as he's looking for a team.

good luck

p.s. the only thing we dominate is our own lunchtime and even then it's a 50/50 split :wink: :oops: :lol:

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

NobleSX is the one i was thinking of. he put up a post in the general bit about starting a league in cardiff.

hope that helps.

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
Northernknight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Northernknight »

Ive sent him/her a message, Cheers :)

Northernknight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Northernknight »

Unfortunately, I cant afford to get a ticket at the moment, and we didnt find enough players anyway. Anybody who wanted to play for Wales, please get a ticket as an individual. We were going to combine with Portugal, so contact Haktar at NAF site if you would like to do that.
Hopefully I will get a ticket at a later date, or if I cant play then will volunteer to help out, and spend the weekend finding more Welsh players :D