World Cup Lodging

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Morpheous
Experienced
Experienced

World Cup Lodging

Post by Morpheous »

I just booked a TWIN room (2 beds. For some reason to me, you'd think when you book a double, it would mean two beds. Appearently twin means 2 beds Guess they do things a little different in Europe) at the Travel Inn at Castle Marina. It was the same price for a single as a double. So if anyone is looking to reduce some cost of a room, I am looking for a roomie to help keep my costs down as well.

I smoke, I drink, I snore, I play bloodbowl.

I will actually be checking in on the 17th, checking out on the 22nd, But if you are only needing to stay Friday, Sat, Sun, I can just split the cost of those 3 days.

PM or Email (shennessy@wi.rr.com) if you are interested in making arrangements.

-Morpheous

EDIT: Made the correction from Double to Twin Room. No wonder no one said anything. Double Room = 1 bed. Sheesh.

Reason: ''
[url=http://home.wi.rr.com/schawn]Link to Pics of my current teams[/url]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

double room has a double bed in it

ie a bed that sleeps 2 ppl ;]

Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: World Cup Lodging

Post by Gumbo »

Morpheous wrote:I smoke, I drink, I snore, I play bloodbowl.
Well Valen doesn't smoke, but 3/4 ain't bad. Sure he'll be happy to go top-to-toe mate :)

Morpheous
Experienced
Experienced

No No No

Post by Morpheous »

Guess I have to choose my words more Careful. Here in the States, you get to ask for Single bed, other wise there are 2 beds in the room. I have since swtiched the room to a TWIN, which from the Travel Inn, is 2 beds. So not looking for any kind of craziness! hehehe. But I am serious, I am looking for a roomie to share costs for how many ever nights they need. Figure about about £28.80 per night. I need the extra day to recoup from jet lag and maybe spend a day putzing around Nottingham which is why I am checking in on Wed vs Friday.

Pretty sad when my room for 5 days will cost almost as much as my flight.

At any rate... I have a question for you UK Gents, this rail thing you all have over there, is it better for me to pay my fare from Man to Nottingham when I get there.. or should I book it online ahead of time?

Information here would help as well.

-Morpheous

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

You can get cheaper fares if you book a few months ahead. This will mean you have to book a journey on specific trains and if you miss a train your ticket can't be used on any other journey.

If you buy at the ticket office on the day it will be more expensive probably (£30 or so return) but you will be able to get whichever trains you like.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

Loony Toadquack wrote:You can get cheaper fares if you book a few months ahead. This will mean you have to book a journey on specific trains and if you miss a train your ticket can't be used on any other journey.
This isn't entirely true; it depends upon the type of ticket you buy. You should be able to read terms and conditions for each type of ticket to see which ones work on only the train you specify and which ones will work on any train. What you do tend to get is a booked seat on the train you specify (if booked seats are available on that service) regardless of whether the ticket works on other trains or just that one.

This web site might help you plan your journey. http://www.transportdirect.info
It can be cheaper to buy singles instead of returns, or to buy several tickets that together make up your route (if you have the time/patience to research them). Timetables need to be set 12 weeks in advance, and this is usually when tickets go on sale, so start looking around then.

Whatever tickets you buy it is usually cheaper on the web. I've no idea if they accept trans-Atlantic customers but www.nationalrail.co.uk and www.thetrainline.com are the sites I usually look at for buying tickets.

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
Morpheous
Experienced
Experienced

Train

Post by Morpheous »

Well I am all booked for the Flight and Hotel. Thanks for the help with the train. Will be flying into Manchester and taking the train to Nottingham. Unless there is a better way to get there. Open for suggestions on that. I figured the train might be the best way. When I lived in Germany, I took their train system everywhere. Looked like UK had the same type of system. Any more suggestions are certainly welcomed.

rodders
Legend
Legend

Re: Train

Post by rodders »

Morpheous wrote:. When I lived in Germany, I took their train system everywhere. Looked like UK had the same type of system. Any more suggestions are certainly welcomed.
only ours doesnt work :lol: :roll:

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
Morpheous
Experienced
Experienced

Re:

Post by Morpheous »

Oh for the love of god dont tell me it doesn't work. I am already going to be tired from the flight, then customs, then have to find out how to get from the airport to the train station to get a ticket to get to the hotel. I just want to play bloodbowl :) Sooooo Who wants to pick me up at the airport? :)

Morpheous
Experienced
Experienced

Closed

Post by Morpheous »

I have already gotten a room mate for the World Cup. Look forward to meeting new friends while there.

-Schawn

Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Great news, hope we have plenty more guys coming from OZ/NZ and over the pond. Any of you guys looking for travel in the UK , post your questions here. We'll all be happy to help.