NAF World Cup - Official Painting Competition Rules

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

We are allowed NON GW mini in the paint comp.

Where does it say you can't? Don't tell me your eyesight is failing you whilst yer still in your teens grum!! :o

Reason: ''
A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

well indigo mentioned trouble with thrudd?

hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

that's only cos there are IP issues between GW and Carl Critchlow over thrudd.

[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

i know that, but i still don't see how its a problem for this?

hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

MayGW has had a restraining order placed on them preventing them from coming with in a 10 yard radius of a Thrudd model.

But yes, i will concede to your point, if NON GW are allowed, thrudd should be allowed.

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

he will just have to be judged 10 yards away ;]

hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

By non-GW people :D

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

You are allowed non-GW minis at the painting comp, where does it say otherwise? :-?

Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kool »

Indigo wrote:You are allowed non-GW minis at the painting comp, where does it say otherwise? :-?

hmm:
non-GW minis you are allowed at the painting comp

or
at the painting comp non-GW minis you are allowed

sorry :lol:

Da Beach Idol 2003, The First King of the Beach
The King of Spiky Spoon 2004 :lol:
Winner of Koumite 2 (2005) with Pedro (Maitre Tactac)
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

To confirm. Entries can be submitted by someone who cannot attend the event but only one entry per category maximum is allowed. Furthermore, the entry must be "accompanied" by a coach attending the event - we cannot accept postal entries and the responsibilty for all entries is entirely with the person who brings them to the event.

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Does this also mean that you can enter the painting competition being there but not being part of the official tournament? I was thinking about coming down just for a piss-up on the Friday and/or Saturday evenings, would be sweet if I could bring a miniature or two for this too.

Btw, really an affordable event money-wise. A shame I have taken all my holidays (working :-? )

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Re: NAF World Cup - Official Painting Competition Rules

Post by Lycos »

Indigo wrote:As well as the main tournament, the NAF World Cup will also be hosting the first ever dedicated Blood Bowl painting competition.

To allow people to express as much creativity as possible we have devised a number of categories, detailed below. Entrants can enter each category as many times as they want but I would like to stress - a team cannot be used to play in the tournament AND be entered into the painting competition. Astute readers will note that it bears no small resemblance to the Golden Daemon, reason being that the aforementioned competition is a proven format which required minimal tweaking to give it a true Blood Bowl feel.

The judging will take place as follows. A panel of NAF staff judges will look at all entries in the first round and if they judge the entry worthy to continue, they will place a small sticker on/near the entry to indicate their choice. If half of the judges "sticker" a given entry it becomes a finalist. An important note - although a competitor can enter each category more than once, only one of their entries can be put forward to the final. If it transpires that a competitor would have more than one piece put forward, the competitor themselves chooses which one they would like to progress. The finalists are then each considered by the judging panel as a whole and a bronze, silver & gold award is given for each category. In addition to this a "Best Overall" award is given.

The categories are:

Best Team
This is an anything-goes competition to judge the best team. Conversions are allowed, coaching staff can be part of it and the entry will be judged on overall quality of painting, modelling, theme and impact. Display bases are encouraged but it is primarily the models that are judged, not their setting. Minimum requirement is 11 models.

Best Star Player
This category is restricted to the standard GW star players from the LRB 5 and from 2nd edition Blood Bowl, though converted/non GW figures may be used (provided they are instantly recognisable as the actual player. Please note Thrud may not be entered into this or any other category.

Best Big Guy
As the name suggests, this is limited to a single Big Guy figure.

Best Coaching Team
A Coaching Team consists of between 4 and 6 figures. Although the standard Head Coach, Cheerleaders, Apothercary, Assistant Coaches etc. are expected, inventive and characterful coach models are encouraged. The entry will be judged as an ensemble piece so an entry with 6 models does not necessarily stand a better chance of winning than an entry with only 4.

Duel
This category is restricted to showing two seperate models, mounted on a "big guy" sized base. Judges will be looking for imaginative and evocative work able to convey the impression of a duel between two players within the limited space afforded by the base. Some "overspill" over the edge of the base is allowed, but entrants are encouraged to keep this to a minimum.

Diorama
A chance to portray a snapshot scene from a hectic game of Blood Bowl! The diorama has no upper limit on the amount of models that can be used although the base is strictly limited to 210mm x 297mm - the size of an A5 sheet of paper. Let your imagination run wild!

Best Dugout/Stadium
This award goes to the coach with the best dugout or stadium. Size isn't everything in this category - a well painted & modelled dugout with lots of intricate detail and nice touches stands as good a chance as any full size modelled stadium/pitch. It is worth noting that for this award, coaches ARE allowed to use their entries to play and judges will assess them mid-game.

Open
For this category, anything goes! All we ask is that you bear in mind the limited space we will have to display entries to the painting competition, so constructing a full scale replica of an Ogre cheerleader may mean we can't actually display your work! (not to mention it being a fairly disturbing thing to construct in the first place...). Bear in mind this is the one category where your NAF judges can also enter so expect the standard of competition to be very high indeed.

For the Open award, the entries are judged by the players themselves. NAF judges are NOT allowed to vote in the open as it is expected they will be competing in it themselves! Furthermore, coaches entering the Open competition are not allowed to vote.
Just to update everyone, we are planning to have the judging for the above painting awards on the Saturday afternoon. We are trying to give you all notice so that you know when you need to bring your submission in. Further details will follow but 2pm Saturday is looking favourite.

TFF mod team