For the benefits of those not on the NAF forums:
I have been waiting for certain events to transpire before making an official announcement but at the President's direction, I want to let everyone know of the following:
1. I have been asked to head a committee to explore and recommend to the Executive Staff sites and packages for the second NAF World Cup. To this end, I have asked several NAF members to join me in this task and I will publish a complete list of the site selection committee once individuals have replied with their acceptance or refusal;
2. The second NAF World Cup will be held in October 2011 and the committee will be examining requests from all country delegations who wish to be the host country for the WCII;
3. The decision of where to hold the second NAF World Cup will be made not later than March 2010 in order to give delegates time to prepare and teams to organize;
4. If possible, preference will be given to those countries who do not already host a major Bloodbowl tournament, although should the committee determine that said countries bid is the best value for the membership, such will be the recommmendation. With this, bids from France, Spain, Italy, Holland and other Eurobowl teams will be given the closest regard;
5. Announcements regarding tournament organization, team size, scoring, etc. will follow, however those wishing to enter the NAF World Cup II may operate assuming the same basic operational rules as were in effect for the premiere World Cup in 2007;
6. In considering a group's bid for the second NAF World Cup, I strongly encourage organizers to consider:
a. location, location, location - this will be the single biggest expense and the organizing group should consider the logistics of hosting a tournament for up to 400 coaches;
b. travel to and from the tournament site;
c. meals and the logistics of feeding up to 400 coaches;
d. availability of lodging, either on site or nearby - reasonably priced and good value for traveling coaches.
More updates will follow and I will be posting further information over the holiday period - thanks to all those who have expressed interest and excitement for our second ever World Cup event!
Should you have any questions, please PM me at this time - I am traveling for work and have limited ability to respond to emails. Thank you and good luck!
Old Man Monkey
Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!