All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Miniatures resctriction?

Post by Longshot »

I know that NAF is organising WC..
But this is in the GW place

So the question is, will we still be allowed to use our miniature that are not GW products? (like home made or other society like shadowforge..)

Reason: ''
Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

I think OMM has said we can use whatever and has sorted it out this GW (i will try and find it)

edit: found a referance to it

viewtopic.php?p=384547&highlight=#384547

OMM post half way down

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Old_Man_Monkey wrote:It was an enormous concession to get the use of non-GW figs inside Warhammer World. I would not expect GW to be keen on outside companies setting up displays inside their corporate HQ. But there are certainly other possibilities. How about a dealers room setup at the official hotel? And how about advertising within rules packet/ticket package that will be sent to each registrant?

OMM
For me, that doesnt mean that we will be allowed to play with non GW miniatures... ?

but the painting contest can have non GW miniatures...

Am i right? or can we have non GW miniatures in both competitions?

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Longshot wrote:For me, that doesnt mean that we will be allowed to play with non GW miniatures... ?
OMM confirmed that you can use non-GW miniatures as part of your team.

This is an NAF event ...not a GW event.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

Just been looking for the last half hour to find the quote but he definitly say we can use non-GW

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

It was on "another" forum iirc. :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

You can use whatever maker of miniature you want. However, Deathwing has made an outstandingly good point in the rules set about being "obvious" what the mini is supposed to be!!!!

I can understand the question. However, this is NAF event, not a GW event, it will be run, managed, staffed I believe too, by non GW input. We will be hiring the kitchen staff and bar staff and thats where are obligation to GW ends.

If I am wrong, I will edit the post pronto.

TFF mod team
Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

I believe the spirit of the thing will be essentially "business as usual" for the GW staff, except that they:
(1) will not be rummaging through coaches' miniatures to ensure GW compliance;
(2) will open at least an hour later on each night (we are still negotiating the exact times for this luxury);
(3) will stock the retail with all things Blood Bowl and some of the display cases will feature outstanding Blood Bowl teams.

NAF volunteers will do the checkin and signups, check minis for POSITIONAL clarity, and handle the results entry and team sorting for each round.

Speak TRUTH to power.
sangraal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sangraal »

Just wondering as there is a good chance I'll actually be there -- My Necros, that I may be bringing to the WC, are all GW minis but not really "fantasy football" - Ghouls are GW WH, Werewolves are GW WH Strigoi Vamps, Wights are GW WH Wraiths, Flesh Golems are GW WH Fen Beasts & all the Zombies are GW WH Spirit Hosts.

There is no doubting which is which when you see them, but they are not really "Fantasy Football" - does anyone think these would be a problem?

Ill be bringing my Orcs as well, which are all 40k Orks, but they are definitely Fantasy Football. Orcs are my main team anyway.

cheers, sangraal

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

sangraal wrote:Just wondering as there is a good chance I'll actually be there -- My Necros, that I may be bringing to the WC, are all GW minis but not really "fantasy football" - Ghouls are GW WH, Werewolves are GW WH Strigoi Vamps, Wights are GW WH Wraiths, Flesh Golems are GW WH Fen Beasts & all the Zombies are GW WH Spirit Hosts.

There is no doubting which is which when you see them, but they are not really "Fantasy Football" - does anyone think these would be a problem?

Ill be bringing my Orcs as well, which are all 40k Orks, but they are definitely Fantasy Football. Orcs are my main team anyway.

cheers, sangraal
Bevan asked something similiar on the NAF forums:
Bevan wrote:

Many of my teams are WFB miniatures with the weapons clipped off, but no other changes, other than a football in the hand of Throwers and a glove on Catchers.

Do I need to stick shoulder pads on every model to make them a "football" miniature?
In reply, I wrote: No. Weapon snips, footballs and gloves are fine. What we won't allow are standard space marines complete with lascannons or other silliness like napoleonic grenadiers complete with muskets etc.
Hope that helps.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."