Concerns

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Bevan
Veteran
Veteran

Mutiple teams per country

Post by Bevan »

Some people have been concerned that if we have several teams per country then, for example, an English team might end up playing most of their games against other English teams.

It is fairly trivial to arrange the matches so that the team pairings stick close to a Swiss format, but except for the last two or three rounds -
(a) no team plays against their own country.
(b) each match is against a team from a country they have not played before.

In the last 2 rounds these restrictions would be relaxed for those in the top (and bottom) places.

If all coaches in a team have a different race then within each match it is also easy to make sure that every coach plays against a different race in each round. This is harder if we want to match the coaches in order of ability within each team, so it depends on what sort of games people want here. But if we always pair the top players in each team then they will play every game against dwarfs. :roll:

Reason: ''
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

In order for this to happen you have to believe that the players willing to pay to come to the UK are "average" players. Which isn't going to be that true. Most folks don't pay that much cash to lose. So I'd argue that you have an equal effect.
Well, they do. They will not be a majority but I know a lot of people that would come just for the laughs even though they are "average" players. Eurobowl wasn't exactly 100% blood bowl geniuses either.
But I do agree Indigo's suggestion is the best yet, smaller countries will be at a disadvantage but I don't think it'll be massive.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

I don't buy into the theory that only the better coaches will pay to travel. The coaches that I see making it to a lot of tournies aren't always the coaches winning awards on a regular bases, in fact I see a lot of coaches that finish in the middle of the pack at more tournaments then I see the better coaches show up for. I'm pretty confident that the US will not be able to send its 5 best coaches, and that some of the team will be made up of guys that are going for the laughs and good times, but may not be the best coaches.

ImageImage
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

I guess the most likely attendants are those that are active online a lot, they are most likely willing to pay just to meet up with the people they only know from TBB.

Nuffle Sucks!
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

But the more we advertise the more we can open it up. We want to make it the biggest BB community event we can, not just a TBB crowd event. So if we get loads of locals coming along it raises the profile of BB in GW's eyes and also the NAF in BB part timer eyes. Not to mention being the biggest ever independent tournament...

Bevan
Veteran
Veteran

NAF world cup website

Post by Bevan »

Can anyone update this web site
http://www.nafworldcup.com/
Or if we can't update it can we have it closed down.

It claims to be the official site for the 2007 NAF World Cup but "There is no news at this time" and when I last checked it said "111 days to go" :roll:

This has caused confusion to those who are not regulars here and think it really is the official site and is counting down to an official date.

Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: NAF world cup website

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

Bevan wrote:Can anyone update this web site
http://www.nafworldcup.com/
Or if we can't update it can we have it closed down.

It claims to be the official site for the 2007 NAF World Cup but "There is no news at this time" and when I last checked it said "111 days to go" :roll:

This has caused confusion to those who are not regulars here and think it really is the official site and is counting down to an official date.
This site was being deveoped by Cyberhare and as he passes along the signons for this site, it will be updated.

Speak TRUTH to power.
Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Magic Dave »

havent we been all over this subject when the WC was first posted. :o

the guys in charge need to come up with how the event will be run and soon.