Announcing the NAF World Cup 19, 20, and 21 of October, 2007

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Good point DJ.

this could be done by haveing pregames as you mentioned and on the last day have a knock out cup for the country teams. Teams that loose will mingle with the other again for their matches. It would lead to one big grand final! :D

Reason: ''
Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

I disagree, as that would make things a lot more complicated as to forming country teams with all-different teams; one of the things that makes the eurobowl so pleasant imho...

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

What is difficult of selecting the best players after a couple of matches in an open format on day 1. They have rankings I presume, so it should not be that difficult to do...

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

The difficulty is getting 8 players with all-different teams, rather than 3 CD, 2 Necro, 3 Skaven/WElf

but let's not drown this thread in a discussion on how to do the tourney; I am sure the organisers will know what's best or else will start asking for our opinions.

Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Again I see no problem there. Not everybody will play the same team anyway. But if so the Dutch could simply say: Who's going? Note that all of us need at least 8 different races to be in the team. Then select the 8 best players with different teams at the tournament!

Redfang
Legend
Legend

Post by Redfang »

Draco wrote:Again I see no problem there. Not everybody will play the same team anyway. But if so the Dutch could simply say: Who's going? Note that all of us need at least 8 different races to be in the team. Then select the 8 best players with different teams at the tournament!
then why have the tournament like that anyway?

Dan kon ik samen spelen.

Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

I actually think that is a very bad approach to this. It is meant to be a World Cup. 3 days of regular non-country affiliated competition before having only one day of inter-country competition would not be anything like a World Cup event. If you want to play Canadians go to a Canadian tourney! Two days was barely enough for the last European Cup so I can't see it being enough for a respectable World Cup. That would leave at most 1 day to qualify for teams, which is not enough.

And you really shouldn't have coaches qualify for their country's team with one race and then compete with another. Not to mention the fact that organising the teams part way through the event is just inviting a level of chaos and farce that no sane tourney organiser would want to see.

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
lowsman2
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lowsman2 »

London would be the best choice of location in the UK other than cost. Simply the hall hire alone escalates the cost, never mind accomodation costs. However the lure of London could help for foreign options. In particular if it could be organised for an end of term weekend finding accomodation and a venue will be much easier (whether in or out of London). Anyone know when Easter is next year? Otherwise the three day format makes it very difficult as the best London options involve schools and colleges.

On team selection one team per nationality makes sense. How the teams select their players should, as for Euro-bowl, be down to each nationality.

On playing I think again the team element should be paramount, and so you should play other teams. The individual aspect of the tournament is less important than the team part.

Cheers

Richard

Every gamer should have their own weight in unpainted lead......
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

I will some day go to the Death Bowl and play Canadian coaches, but that's besides the point.

I do agree that the team play should be an important part of the event and that there should actually be teams playing one another. I just think there's room to combine this. The whole point of this tourney is to be a 4-yearly world-wide event. Now why would I go to a worldwide event if I don't get to play opponents from all over the world? I can think of many reasons of course, but I can also go to a local tourney to have a beer, chat with friends and play BB. Since it's supposed to be a 4 day event there should be room to have the global character not limited to team play. It is after not unimmaginable that Canada and Australia will come with 8 players exactly, while there will be plenty of Brits, Frenchmen, Germans and Dutchmen.

Nuffle Sucks!
Redfang
Legend
Legend

Post by Redfang »

Will there now?

Considering what I had to go through to get 8 Dutchmen to play the Eurobowl in England I would like to have strong doubts about that!

Dan kon ik samen spelen.

Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Shouldn't this be moved to tournament discussions btw?

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Yes it should. Hold on, here we go! :lol:

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Hope you enjoyed the ride! Thank you for flying Draco's Teleport Systems! :lol:

CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

While you're at it could we get this stickied ?

Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Does this years Eurobowl venue have hotels nearby?

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!