Announcing the NAF World Cup 19, 20, and 21 of October, 2007

All discusions for the upcoming NAF BB World Cup should be discussed here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Pip, Eurobowl isn't being sacrificed. Spain will host it in 2008.

Reason: ''
A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

I understand that Hoomin. But they will have to wait for 2 years. Don't see why Eurobowl and the WC can't be held 6 months apart.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

should i post here what i wrote on NAf site?

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Loony Toadquack wrote:I understand that Hoomin. But they will have to wait for 2 years. Don't see why Eurobowl and the WC can't be held 6 months apart.
Ah, ok.

Like you say, expense. Even if it is 6 months apart, i think a lot of coaches will have a problem with financing 2 major tourneys like that.

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

Okay - I agree that it would be too expensive to have 2 major tourneys to attend a year (Especially for students like me).

I think that the reason why the WC is being held is because that both the Australians, Americans and Canadians have asked for an opportunity to attend "Eurobowl"

It has been claimed that no NAF pts should be given if it´s not open - in reality how many are? I mean most have a max number and what if you are after those places were taken?

At present I am the Captain of the Danish team, because I think there are approximately 50 ppl who have asked to join the team at different times we have made it open.
First you have to prove that you aren´t a jerk (either by getting a vote by someone who is in, or by attending a tourney so ppl know you) - nobody want a tournament wracked because of a single moron.

2´nd are you willing to pay the 400 £ it costs to attend?
A player who drops out in the last minute can cost the entire team their tourney.

3´rd every year the coaches who gained a total of 4 pts in the previous bowl are certain of reselction if they can - and the same is true if the team wins.

4´th for the rest of the places all who fit the previous demands are eligible, they just have to say I´m interested.
(In DK the largest leagues throughout the country have cooperated to make a single community for this)

5´th A qualifier will be held for those interested, using both FUMBBL and board games to determine who will attend.

Team DK has over 3 yrs had 14 different coaches attending.

If this ain´t open enough....

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Dave wrote:And Joemanji .. I propose you make a different thread about england team selection, or invite everyone at some private forum or something else. This discussion is on the WC, not on UK team selection.
My apologies. My reference to the England team was meant as an example, and only in reference to grand designs of the World Cup, and how it is to be run. I was using the example because it is most familiar to me, and because it is most relevant with the event being held in England. The discussion I was really interested in was whether each nation would choose their own team (as they do for the Euorbowl), or whether the NAF would opt for a system open to all comers.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

Joemanji wrote:
Dave wrote:And Joemanji .. I propose you make a different thread about england team selection, or invite everyone at some private forum or something else. This discussion is on the WC, not on UK team selection.
My apologies. My reference to the England team was meant as an example, and only in reference to grand designs of the World Cup, and how it is to be run. I was using the example because it is most familiar to me, and because it is most relevant with the event being held in England. The discussion I was really interested in was whether each nation would choose their own team (as they do for the Euorbowl), or whether the NAF would opt for a system open to all comers.
Sorry for getting on your back Joe i went a little crazy for a bit. Lets get back the subject at hand.

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Why. I see people who act like assholes all year gettting miffed at not being invited to the party of the year. Gee. Too bad. Maybe now they'll realize that they're not totally anonymous online. :roll:

Have fun!
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

@ joe:

OK, no harm done here

Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

I've read most of this thread (and the one on the NAF site) and I've listened to various points of view and changed my mind more than once about what I would like to see from the World Cup.

The main point I wanted to make is that the 'side' tournament should be anything but a side tournament, it should be the big thing. I quite liked the format Hangus (I think it was Hangus, I've lost the post) posted with the team and individual tournaments being held consecutively not concurrently.

For the individual tournament to feel worth while the majority (if not all) of players in the team tournament should play in it AS WELL as the team tournament.

This would mean that members in the team tournament could be playing 4 games a day to make it work, but this is a BIG event :)

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

Something along the lines of:

Day 1 is the main Team tournament day, playing 3 or 4 games while several smaller tournaments happen to find the world streetbowl or BB7s champion (sign up to your preferred tournament)

Day 2, The Individual World Cup champion tournament starts with everyone playing 3 matches. Followed by another team match with everyone else hanging around in bugmans or watching the matches in the main hall (good crowd atmosphere, large team score boards etc)

Day 3, Repeat of the previous day with the final of the individual tournament being played at the same time as the final game of the team tournament.

This would require 4 games being played on 2 days and only 5 games in the team tournament.

Countries would be free to organise their own teams.

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
Kheldar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Kheldar »

Emberbreeze wrote:Something along the lines of:

Day 1 is the main Team tournament day, playing 3 or 4 games while several smaller tournaments happen to find the world streetbowl or BB7s champion (sign up to your preferred tournament)

Day 2, The Individual World Cup champion tournament starts with everyone playing 3 matches. Followed by another team match with everyone else hanging around in bugmans or watching the matches in the main hall (good crowd atmosphere, large team score boards etc)

Day 3, Repeat of the previous day with the final of the individual tournament being played at the same time as the final game of the team tournament.

This would require 4 games being played on 2 days and only 5 games in the team tournament.

Countries would be free to organise their own teams.
I like this idea alot.

Notorious_jtb
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Notorious_jtb »

What happens if someone is in the final of the individual event and their 'team' is in the final of the team tournament. Not unlikely if the 'best players' make the national teams.......

Kheldar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Kheldar »

Notorious-jtb wrote:
What happens if someone is in the final of the individual event and their 'team' is in the final of the team tournament. Not unlikely if the 'best players' make the national teams.......
I would say this is very unlikely, but in this case a follower of the leading team would have to jump in.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

prevent it by having a team including a substitute.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/