Probably for you Galak (

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Probably for you Galak

Post by NightDragon »

I have long wanted a Sea Elf team. I havn't checked out the MBBL site yet but what profiles and skills does anyone think they should come with? I have looked around for old models because I know GW have produced some in the past but can't find any so I will probably use the Wood Elf figures. Laters DD.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Never even heard of Sea Elves ... hmmm ... when I have a faster connection to the net NEXT Wednesday remind to do a little research on this on.

Galak

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Cheers Boss

Post by NightDragon »

Thats a deal. GW never produced whole ranges but they did produce enough models to make up war bands and such like. I have never really understood why they have never taken this concept further. I seem to recall D.Elves starting in the same way. I shall look forward to your research. Laters DD.

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Some skills

Post by NightDragon »

Leap and sure feet seem to be appropriate but who to give them to? What else does anyone think? Laters DD.

Wiss
Rookie
Rookie

What are sea elves?

Post by Wiss »

What is GW's take on sea elves? I know in the old A D&D they were basically the elvish counterparts to merfolk, is that GW's stance or are they a sea-faring land based race? Thanks for the info.

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

A long long time ago.......

Post by NightDragon »

When GW was still a young company they used to produce whole ranges of interesting figures. At about the same time when their first D. Elves came out, I'm guessing around 82-85, they also produced some Sea Elves. These were basically High Elves but with shells on their armour. I seem to recall a bolt thrower, archers and foot soldiers but they never really got going, along with D.Elves who I thought were also going to disappear, but these got going eventually.
GW used to produce some really different miniatures in the early days such as FishMen and my favourite of all their 2nd or 3rd range of Lizardmen which were basically Crocodiles. Troglodytes and Lesser Lizards followed but then they gradually became more slimy. I have a lot of these figures professionally painted so the basis of my Crocodilian BB team is Karnac's Regiment of Reknown.
Anyway I digress, so there were Sea Elves about but never in great numbers but sufficiently good enough for me to want to develop them into a BB team. One last thing, my brother still has their very first ranges of Slann and has made them in to a BB team The Zapotec StarGazers. I just wish he would paint them!!
Laters DD.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I and a couple others on the board have real Slann teams as well.

Galak

NightDragon
Legend
Legend

I know

Post by NightDragon »

I was looking through the Slann thread and discovered your Slann interest. To have some of the old figures as a team is definately a real buzz. Maybe my Crocs will eventually get to play your Slann one day? Laters DD.

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Are Sea Elves a different race or are they the same thing as Lothern Sea Guard?

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
NightDragon
Legend
Legend

Lothern SeaGuard

Post by NightDragon »

No they are not Lothern Sea Guard. The fact that GW never developed what I assumed at the time was one of their main Elven races would indicate that they have long long long since ditched the idea at all. we are talking a long while ago. I was fortunate enough to go to a school very near their first ever shop and lived within cycling distance of it, which was in Dalling Road in Hammersmith, London. There was a brilliant American manager who used to bargain deals and sold one off models. Sea Elves were some of these. I started going there in 1979 and I think GW was a young Company at the time. In fact if any of you remember the original Warhammer games with a Chaos Warrior smashing a skeleton apart with a warhammer, well I have that model! My most prized possession and professionally painted. I think he was a limited edition figure at the time and I have never seem him re-released but no doubt some of you will shatter my illusions!
Anyway I have digressed again. SeaElves are long since dead and buried I just always liked the concept of them, but I suppose they have just incorporated the idea into their island based High Elves. What I was enquiring about really was the idea of an Elven naval team and what skills they could have. Laters DD.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I seem to recall Sea Elves were part of the High Elf army in 3rd ed. WFB (the one with the first Warhammer Armies book). They were basically the Elves who lived on the outer edge of Ulthran, sailed the Elves sea-vessels and still had trading quarters in most of the Olde Worldes main cities.

Tje one thing I can definetly remember is that they also had their own Wardancers (basically their Marines), so that might be something to consider adding to your roster.

I'll try and find out my old WFB books and look for more info.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.