Pass Action (stunty TTM)

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Pass Action (stunty TTM)

Post by fidius »

What do you guys think of changing the definition of Pass Action to any pass where a ball is involved? That is, stunty teams could make as many Throw Teammate passes as they have Big Guys to do so, but only one Pass Action of either the ball or a player holding the ball.

Obviously this is a boost to stunty teams -- Ogres tossing Snotlings around like rocks trying to take out the opposition -- plus those with 2 Big Guys could improve odds of one-turn throws by throwing a player toward the ball for the pickup if it's out of hand-off range. Or chain-toss -- one Big Guy tosses a Goblin to another Big Guy for another throw and the miraculous distance play... as long as that Goblin didn't have the ball.

Too filthy? Sounds like great fun to me.

Reason: ''
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Pass Action (stunty TTM)

Post by Afroman »

You mean that you could throw the same stunty in a chain of bigguys during the same turn? Sounds like fun, but unneccessary.

Not broken since pulling off a TTM is actuallt quite hard(only thing that helps is high AG and reroll). Chaining this would be really tempting Nuffle. Of course there is the posibility to make a regular pass an THEN TTM. Could be powerful, but with the pass penalties for stunties I wonder if it really would break the fling-game. maybe. possibly.
Paying with fling I know that it is extremely rare that my trees are placed in a way that this would be a viable play. I cant imagine playing having an efficient offense with the trees far apart.

What I would like thoug is to get spp for TTM :smoking: I hate succeding with things that don't give rewards. But then it's not really neccessary either.

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Pass Action (stunty TTM)

Post by Pedda »

I don't like it and here's why

As a 'fling player, I sometimes try the OTTMTD and this is how it usually goes (if it workes).

1. a 'fling runs for the ball
2. picks it up
3. hands off to a 'fling next to a tree
4. said 'fling is flung
5. flung 'fling scatters
6. flung 'fling lands
6. flung 'fling scores a TD (maybe dodges on the way and even some GFiing)

with your suggested rules I could do the following and thereby increasing the umber of rolls made, but without the risk of a turn over and by step 4. you'll know if you can score. If not, foul/blitz
1. a tree flings a 'fling
2. flung 'fling scatters
3. flung 'fling lands (or maybe not. Not a turnover)
4. Reperat step 1. through 3. for the next treeman (and Deeproot)
if one of the two/three flung 'flings are within scoring range move on to 5.
5. a 'fling runs for the ball
6. picks it up (alt. skip to step 9.)
7. hands off to a 'fling
8. the 'fling that got the ball on the hand off runs up and
9. throws the ball to one of the flung 'flings
10. flung 'fling scores a TD (maybe dodges on the way and even some GFiing)

So, you're increasing your chances without risking more than a 'fling or two.

The current problem with getting a 'fling in the air with the ball is that he might scatter out of reach of the endzone or land in a tackle zone. This is also the charm of the OTTTMTD, which would be removed by your suggestion.