Slannesh Roster

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Slannesh Roster

Post by Bakunin »

yea.

strictly speaking the hobgoblin is not overpriced, but was designed to be.

Anyway, the Cultists as this seems good:

0-16 Slaaneesh Cultist - 40k - 6/3/3/7 - Thick Skull - GA/SPM

Reason: ''
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
mushoomy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mushoomy »

I've increased the price of the cultist to 50k. At 60k I think it's too expensive + it means an 11 man/woman roster would have either 2 rerolls or 3 rerolls and 3 Daemonnettes

--------------------------------------------
Slaanesh Team Roster
0-16 Slaanesh Cultist - 50k - 6/3/3/7 - thick skull - GA/SPM
0-4 Daemonette - 110k - 6/3/4/7 - claw, hypnotic gaze, no hands, regeneration - GA/SM
0-1 Fiend of Slaanesh - 150k - 6/5/1/8 - loner, wild animal, claw, no hands, prehensile tail, disturbing presence - S/GAM

Rerolls 70k, Apothecary yes

Very happy with the team as it is at the moment. It's not perfect and that's what makes it perfect in my opinion. I think this is a tier 2 team or even a 1.5. It's definitely not good enough/skilled enough/ armored enough to be tier 1.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

In defense this team will be very good with all those trustable Hypno :)
Thick Skull & spam on claw & no cost used on armor : definitly, this team is made to play against clawpomber team :)
GA access about the linemen is awesome!

=> definitly a great team for long term league! (tiers1.5)

it will be less true for "standard" resurrection tourney (i see it more tier2, because missing core skills at start like block)

Concerning the bigguy, i'm not 100% convinced.
It does look like the kroxi.
Claw vs MightyBlow: in long term it's better (because this bigguy could have both), but at start, MightyBlow is better (and as there is already other claw positionnal, very mobile, and very trustable...)
it's nega trait is worth than the one of the kroxi. (wild animal)
Ar8+Disturbing vs Ar9 : i do prefer the armor :)
and No Hands => less possibility: it's common to see the kroxi caring the ball on a touchback, to keep the score against woodies (ok, a wildanimal ball carrier is much terrible as a bone head :) )

if we compare it to the snow troll,
for 10k, you have the tails & +1Mv, but you lose frenzy and get no hands. i'm not sure, we are really winning here :
- frenzy is great on wildanimal, as they do blitz a lot), but ok Mv6 is great as well on wild animal :)
- this bigguy will be used as clawpomber by many coach so the tails won't be usable as many times as the tails of the kroxi for exemple :)

i do think, its cost is not balanced (but maybe the kroxi is underpriced actually :) ? )

the idea to build this bigguy as the first centauresque-bigguy of the game (with sprint+surefeet) is very sexy, and will be very fluff (look at the figurine of those Fiend!), maybe we should look in this direction :)
maybe something like this?
0-1 Fiend of Slaanesh - 150/160?k - 6/5/1/8 - loner, wild animal, claw, no hands, prehensile tail, sprint, sure feet - SM/GA

mushoomy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mushoomy »

I do like the look of the centaur-esque fiend. But don't you think MA6-9 is a bit too much for a big guy? You said yourself that this team would be great in long term leagues, just Imagine the monster of a big guy the fiend will become!

Just imagine a clawpomb-ing, break tackle big guy with sprint and sure feet storming down the field to blitz.

Or even having this monster waiting in the back field for incoming cages.

However, I do like the idea (I think Bakunin brought it up before) and I'll do a bit of testing with this guy for you. I'll probably mainly focus on the fiend for my next few tests. Going through possible options, skilled and non skilled. I think I might test an agility 3 Daemonette also. Just for the sake of testing.

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

mushoomy wrote:I've increased the price of the cultist to 50k. At 60k I think it's too expensive + it means an 11 man/woman roster would have either 2 rerolls or 3 rerolls and 3 Daemonnettes

Slaanesh Team Roster
0-4 Daemonette - 110k - 6/3/4/7 - claw, hypnotic gaze, no hands, regeneration - GA/SM
0-1 Fiend of Slaanesh - 150k - 6/5/1/8 - loner, wild animal, claw, no hands, prehensile tail, disturbing presence - S/GAM

Very happy with the team as it is at the moment. It's not perfect and that's what makes it perfect in my opinion. I think this is a tier 2 team or even a 1.5. It's definitely not good enough/skilled enough/ armored enough to be tier 1.
I made a mistake putting it a 60k.... but if we price it at 50k it would be overpriced, but that would maybe come people down about the hypno gaze. 50k is definitely a nerf.
And why no passing access on deamons? Should they not be able to take leader or?

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

babass wrote:
In defense this team will be very good with all those trustable Hypno :)
Thick Skull & spam on claw & no cost used on armor : definitly, this team is made to play against clawpomber team :)
Do we have a anti-clawpomb team yet, other than maybe norse? So sounds good.

i do think, its cost is not balanced (but maybe the kroxi is underpriced actually :) ? )
The kroxi is underpriced with 10k at 140k. And so are the saurus, they are also underpriced 10k at 80k.
(Lizardmen breaks the galak design rules)

the idea to build this bigguy as the first centauresque-bigguy of the game (with sprint+surefeet) is very sexy, and will be very fluff (look at the figurine of those Fiend!), maybe we should look in this direction :)
maybe something like this?
0-1 Fiend of Slaanesh - 150/160?k - 6/5/1/8 - loner, wild animal, claw, no hands, prehensile tail, sprint, sure feet - SM/GA
I think mushoomy is right. This guy becomes way to good, and with M access on normal you can give it horns (very good).
But if you look at the fluff descriptions on Fiends, then it says, that they use soporific musk (and soporific musk is listet under 'Disturbing Presence' as one of the things it stands for).

mushoomy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mushoomy »

Bakunin wrote:
mushoomy wrote:I've increased the price of the cultist to 50k. At 60k I think it's too expensive + it means an 11 man/woman roster would have either 2 rerolls or 3 rerolls and 3 Daemonnettes

Slaanesh Team Roster

I made a mistake putting it a 60k.... but if we price it at 50k it would be overpriced, but that would maybe come people down about the hypno gaze. 50k is definitely a nerf.
And why no passing access on deamons? Should they not be able to take leader or?
I was mainly thinking the increase of the price would nerf the team. I also don't think that these players are throw away/fodder players like thralls, and that they have a big role in the team which should increase the price.

And my reasoning behind the removal of pass access on the Daemonettes is mainly due to fluff of having no hands. + if you rolled a double on a Daemonette you'd give it mighty blow/piling on/horns. Leader would be something the cultists would get in my opinion.

On the news of the sprint/sure feet I did a bit of testing by myself and I feel it is a bit on the fast side. I like disturbing presence more in my opinion. As Bakukin said, the disturbing presence fits the fluff about the soporifik musk
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On other news, I think it'd be a fun idea to make a star player or two for the Slaanesh team. Maybe based off the keeper of secrets or even Prince Slaanesh?

I think the star players the team should be able to hire should be: (in order of price)
__________ (slaanesh star) (secret weapon?) (cultist star)
Lewdgrip Whiparm 150k (mutated cultist?)
Eldril Sidewinder 200k (fits into the hypnotic gaze game)
Roxanna Darknail 250k (fits into the darkelf play style + great ball handler for the team)
__________ (slaanesh star) (daemonette star)
__________ (slaanesh star) (Fiend of Slaanesh star)
Morg 'n' Thorg

Let's start with the Daemonette Star as I think it'd be the more fun star to discuss :D
My idea for a Daemonette star...

Fesleck Ravenclaw - 280k - 7/4/4/7 - loner, block, dodge, claw, mighty blow, hypnotic gaze, regeneration

With this star (being the most expensive non big star of the team) , getting rid of the no hands on the Daemonette is a no brainer making the unnamed player a ball carrier. I then though adding block and dodge as this would make a brilliant star as the team is lacking these 2 skills. Then adding mighty blow to accompany the claw. That put me at 190k for this star. I then added 1 movement (as that is what I used in test mode :oops: ) as I found this quite nice on a Daemonette. Then strength to accompany the claw and mighty blow making this star worth 280k (110+20+20+30+60+30+10=280). The name is temporary.

Thoughts on the star?

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

mushoomy wrote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On other news, I think it'd be a fun idea to make a star player or two for the Slaanesh team. Maybe based off the keeper of secrets or even Prince Slaanesh?

I think the star players the team should be able to hire should be: (in order of price)
__________ (slaanesh star) (secret weapon?) (cultist star)
Lewdgrip Whiparm 150k (mutated cultist?)
Eldril Sidewinder 200k (fits into the hypnotic gaze game)
Roxanna Darknail 250k (fits into the darkelf play style + great ball handler for the team)
__________ (slaanesh star) (daemonette star)
__________ (slaanesh star) (Fiend of Slaanesh star)
Morg 'n' Thorg

Let's start with the Daemonette Star as I think it'd be the more fun star to discuss :D
My idea for a Daemonette star...

Fesleck Ravenclaw - 280k - 7/4/4/7 - loner, block, dodge, claw, mighty blow, hypnotic gaze, regeneration

With this star (being the most expensive non big star of the team) , getting rid of the no hands on the Daemonette is a no brainer making the unnamed player a ball carrier. I then though adding block and dodge as this would make a brilliant star as the team is lacking these 2 skills. Then adding mighty blow to accompany the claw. That put me at 190k for this star. I then added 1 movement (as that is what I used in test mode :oops: ) as I found this quite nice on a Daemonette. Then strength to accompany the claw and mighty blow making this star worth 280k (110+20+20+30+60+30+10=280). The name is temporary.

Thoughts on the star?
I would only make one Slaanesh starplayer, just to keep it simpel. I would not make a daemon starplayer, because daemons are a 'rare' sight on the pitch, but you could use 'Fesleck Ravenclaw' (but would change block to wrestle).
I think 'Roxanna Darknail' is a fluff-no-go. She is a 'normal' witch elf. That means she follows 'Khaine', which is more or less 'Khorne'. Khorne and Slannesh is polar opposites.

I would make a cultist starplayer or revive a former 2nd-4th edition starplayer.

If cultist, then:

7/3/3/7 - 160k - Tail, Shadowing, Wrestle, think skull, Regen.

If revive, then use the old chaos player:

Dorjak Sureclaw Image

6/3/3/9 - 170k - Very Long Legs, Claw, Wrestle, Regeneration..

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

For the fiend, i've proposed a pages earlier something with Mv5.

>>
0-1 Fiend of Slaanesh - 150k - 5/5/1/8 - loner, wild animal, claw, no hands, prehensile tail, sprint, sure feet (+Disturbing Presence?) - SM/GA

deal? :)
It would be one of the best star player of the game :o
very cheap for all what he get !
+Mv, +St, +Block, +Dodge, + Mighty Blow, +hands! :o
[/__________ (slaanesh star) (Fiend of Slaanesh star)
Instead of a Fiend of Slaanesh Star, as big guy (many bigguy don't have star: the best of nurgle, the kroxi, ...), i would go a keeper of secrets or even Prince Slaanesh, as you said.
Or, i would simply give access to the Mino star player (after all, the keeper of secrets looks like a mino)
[/__________ (slaanesh star) (secret weapon?) (cultist star)
Comon!
No need to create a new starplayer: CRAZY IGOR is your man :)
>>
Crazy Igor
Lewdgrip Whiparm
Eldril Sidewinder
Roxanna Darknail
Mino star (or Keeper of Secret?)
Morg 'n' Thorg
[/quote][/quote]
actually, we have already 6 starplayers here.
no need to create a new one (or maybe the Keeper of Secret/Prince Of Slaanesh) :)

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

So it becomes this:

With the overpriced linemen, I would almost give them back the Mutation on normal.

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

babass wrote:For the fiend, i've proposed a pages earlier something with Mv5.

>>
0-1 Fiend of Slaanesh - 150k - 5/5/1/8 - loner, wild animal, claw, no hands, prehensile tail, sprint, sure feet (+Disturbing Presence?) - SM/GA

MV is just to slow

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

1/ another nerf we could put on a centauresque-fiend would be Blood Lust!
those cultists are quite crazy to bring such animal on a pitch :smoking:

2/ eldril get its gift from Tzeench, i'm not this god would appreciate to see his favorite playing for another god :smoking:
edit: i see you've already replaced him by Max :)
+1

edit2:
Roxanna better fit as starplayer for this roster!

mushoomy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mushoomy »

Bakunin wrote:Or this:

Awesome but agility 3 on Daemonettes is a no go. Just tried a late game against a human team with the sprint sure feet fiend and agility 3 Daemonettes. The sure feet and sprint was cool. But yeah. Too fast. Ag3 does not suit the Daemonettes in my opinion. It made plays way more difficult and I found myself not using hypnogaze at all due to it being a 4+ roll. (And when I did use it it failed)

Even having ag 3 the daemonettes are over priced (they'd be based off the lineman model in creation).

So yeah. Change the agility on the daemonettes then I'm happy :)

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Ag3 om deamons was a typo.. keep making those. Will fix it later...
Dont think crazy igor fits, why would a vampire thrall play for a slaanesh team?..
And as i said before darknail is not a good fluff fit.

If making a Daemonette starplay then just: 7/3/4/7 - claw, hypnotic gaze, extra arms, dodge, (wrestle?) regeneration = 200k