Dwarf Slayer Team

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Long_Bomb
Veteran
Veteran

Dwarf Slayer Team

Post by Long_Bomb »

Some of you may remember the World's Edge Super League article from the Blood Bowl Magazine (and Annual). It included rules for a Dwarf only league with different teams for Slayers, Engineers and so forth. Although I liked the concept I felt the execution was very limited as all the teams were fairly similar and wouldn’t offer a lot of variety in a league. I did however love the idea of an all Slayer team.
I know of more than one coach who has uses Slayer models for his whole Dwarf team and I am currently looking at converting my league team, the Kadrin Valley Slayers, to look more like an all Slayer team. My only problem is that I don’t think the Dwarf list reflects the nature of a Dwarf Slayer team all that well. In fact I was surprised at how well the Norse team list reflects a team of Slayers and may look to build a tournament team to use with the Norse roster. That being said the Norse roster isn’t perfect and if I was looking at running a Dwarf themed league I would prefer to tweak the rules to better reflect a Dwarf Slayer team.
Here are my thoughts on a Slayer roster based around the Norse:
0-16 Slayer 5 3 2 8 Block, Thick Skull 50K G **S, P, A
0-2 Runner 6 3 3 8 Sure Hands, Thick Skull 80K G, P **A, S
0-2 Blitzer 5 3 3 8 Block, Dauntless, Thick Skull 80K G, S **A, P
0-2 Troll Slayer 5 3 2 8 Block, Dauntless, Frenzy, Thick Skull 90K G, S **A, P
0-2 Doom Seeker 5 4 2 8 Frenzy, Thick Skull 110K G, S, ** A, P
1 Oathbreaker 5 5 1 8 Loner, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Frenzy, Wild Animal 140K S **G,A,P
Re-Rolls 60.000

As you can probably see I have used the Norse list but swapped some elements to make it seem more like a Dwarf list. In most cases this means swapping a point of movement for a point of armour and adding in Thick Skull.

Slayers – other than a move/armour swap they lose a point of Ag for Thick Skull compared to a Norse lineman. They only have access to General Skills (Frenzy and Dauntless?) which I think is needed to keep the list balanced.

Slayer Runner – Started life as the Catcher with a move/armour swap but after swapping skills became a standard Dwarf Runner.

Slayer Blitzer – Replaces the Thrower with a Dwarf Blitzer but drops Ar for Dauntless.

Troll Slayer – Replaces the Norse Blitzer with a standard Troll Slayer.

Doom Seeker – Werewolf drops Mv for Thick Skull

Oathbreaker – Yeti swaps Claw for Mighty Blow and Disturbing Presence for Thick Skull. Wild Animal seems a good Negative Trait for a Slayer “Big Guy”.

I welcome your comments just consider that I am not suggesting this as a main stream team but inly for a specific Dwarf themed league.

Edit: Re-named the Dragon Slayer, Oathbreaker.

Reason: ''
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Re: Dwarf Slayer Team

Post by inkpwn »

The players are too cheap and you should have strength access on the lineman like regular dwarf linemen. Put them up to 60k at least since they lack tackle.

While fluff wise a dwarve slayer team is awsome,what death is more honerably then blood bowl? But I don't think it works mechanical.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

And there was me thinking that those dwarf linemen looked nicely balanced. No spam guard, no spam tackle, but still with some staying power.

If anything, ifelt that. They might be overcosted. After all, theyre 20k cheaper than your longbeard, but have lost a stat point and tackle.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Doomseekers and Dragon Slayer should have (and pay for) Dauntless - they were Troll Slayers earlier in their lives after all.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
legowarrior
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by legowarrior »

I propose that the dauntless be cheaper on those characters, since it is less useful.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I remember trying to come up with something similar a couple of years back as i have a 150 strong slayer army from fantasy battle.

How about making the doomseekers into fanatics? Make them 4/6/2/8 with ball and chain, secret weapon and no hands.

Instead of runners you could have slayer pirates, same stats but swap sure hands for strip (steal) ball.

I could see a deathroller or bomber fitting in as well as the slayer list had Malakai so slayer engineers are possible.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

Mentioning Malakai... why not a hewer instead of a bomber/Deathroller it could be like the 2 combined into one awful deathtrap contraption... able to hurl axes one turn and be used (by locking the firing mechanism) like a massive chainsaw roller, using the axes as the "blade"
4/7/1/9 - Loner, Bone Head, Bombadier, Frenzy, Juggernaught, No Hands, Secret Weapon - 190k (off the top of my head I think that would fit fluff wise, bonehead to represent mechanical failures or dismembered body parts clogging up the gears... not sure about pricing though...)

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

with AG1 how do you throw stuff around?

You want crazy? Give him Throw Team Mate, and right stuff to the dwarfs.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

@buggrit. Mechanical failer on dwarven machinery? Your having a laugh.

My list:

0-16 oath breakers. 5,3,2,8. Block,thick skull GS **AP. 60k

0-2 troll slayer 5,3,2,8 Block, Thick skull, frenzy,dauntless GS **AP 90k

0-2 dragon slayer 5,4,2,8 Block, thick skull, frenzy,dauntless,. GS**AP 120k

0-1 Demon slayer 5,4,2,8 Block, thick skull,frenzy,dauntless,stand firm, mighty blow, loner, wild animal. S**GAP. 140k

0-2 Reckless, 6,3,3,8 thick skull, strip ball GA**SP. 80k

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

arthurinkpen wrote:0-1 Demon slayer 5,4,2,8 Block, thick skull,frenzy,dauntless,stand firm, mighty blow, loner, wild animal. S**GAP. 140k
Block and Mighty Blow to start with, and Dauntless! for 140k!!

I mean this is the perfect big guy surely. Yes only ST4, but he can take Big guys with Dauntless, he's reliable, and SPP fast.

Also what is that guy going to take on skill up if he doesn't double?
- Jugernaut
- Multiblock...

Do you think that you'd prefer to have him or a mino?

I'll play that roster anytime and I think I can win tournaments with it fairly easily. it counters all the ST from others, and it hits rock hard.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Remove block then.. he is very wreckless.

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

fair enough

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Let's make the re-rolls 70k, so when dauntless fumbles the reroll is a tough choice. A 2 dice down roll isn't that hard to survive with a dwarf put will you get dauntless the second time after the frenzy?

Greyhound
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Greyhound »

arthurinkpen wrote:0-16 oath breakers. 5,3,2,8. Block,thick skull GS **AP. 60k
How did you get to that price btw?
If I take a troll slayer
0-2 Troll Slayers 90,000 5 3 2 8 Block, Dauntless, Frenzy, Thick Skull GS AP

remove 2 skills (usually about 20k especially since dauntless isn't as good as maybe block or dodge), I get to 70k

I suppose you took the dwarf lino and removed 10k for tackle?

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Greyhound wrote:
arthurinkpen wrote:0-16 oath breakers. 5,3,2,8. Block,thick skull GS **AP. 60k
How did you get to that price btw?
If I take a troll slayer
0-2 Troll Slayers 90,000 5 3 2 8 Block, Dauntless, Frenzy, Thick Skull GS AP

remove 2 skills (usually about 20k especially since dauntless isn't as good as maybe block or dodge), I get to 70k

I suppose you took the dwarf lino and removed 10k for tackle?

Yup, I was toying with making them 70k, but even with block and thick skull they still are AG 2 and MV 5. Work your way up from human lineman and it kinda works.