Mouselings- Child's First Adventuring Party

Found any cool minis outside the normal football collector stuff, post them here!!!!

Moderator: TFF Mods

odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Mouselings- Child's First Adventuring Party

Post by odinsgrandson »

I have a three year old little girl (she'll soon be four) and she has a good imagination. Naturally, we'd like to steer this in the right direction, so I've been GMing once a week with my family. Right now it is just a homebrew system that we're keeping quite simple. We'll be moving up as we go.

Our first hero is Drella. Her character class is definitely Princess, and while her normal tactic is to use either scorching ray or fireball, she also tends to pull a sword out of hammer space when things get rough.

And this is Ella, my wife's spellcaster. She's very helpful on adventures

Last is Prince McGuffin. He mostly gets kidnapped by ogres, sorcerers, dragons and such.

Our heroes have noted his aptitude for being captured, and have started keeping him from going out by himself for any reason.

Last time our heroes sallied forth, they started out by locking him in a closet until they come back.

I expected this campaign to mostly feel standard (we kill the monsters, save the prince and everyone is happy). But then my little girl realized that some of the monsters can talk- and if they can talk, they can be talked into doing things for them.

My favorite was when they convinced an ogre that the dragon would be tastier than eating them, so he came along (all the time threatening to become too bored or hungry and start eating the party).

Here are the three of them together.

Reason: ''
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Mouselings- Child's First Adventuring Party

Post by Regash »

It may be the pic or the very light color but as the fur of the other ones look awesome, the princess seems a bit flat.
Other than that, awesome brushwork, as usual.
I love the orb in the staff.
odinsgrandson wrote:Last time our heroes sallied forth, they started out by locking him in a closet until they come back.
HAHA! :lol: Awesome idea!
Seems like your daughter not only has a great imagination but already knows to put it to good use!
Maybe you should have been mean and let the bad guys steal the closet, not even knowing they kidnap the prince... again! :wink:

Roleplaying 4 year old... Nice.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Love to see some of the monsters too. :D

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

These are so great! I have a bunch of mouslings I'm hoping will help me entice my 5-year-old into some adventure gaming as well!

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

I don't think I've ever seen her so excited about a mini I was painting than she was when I was painting a mini for her to use.

She told me what colors to use across the board for Drella.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

lovely stuff, both brush work and story. reminds me I have a Narnia inspired diorama to finish this winter... :roll:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

This is amazing, need to get my little ones interested too, my eldest is a similar age by the sounds of it.

Love the paint, the glazing is fantastic, excellent work on such small minis :D

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
odinsgrandson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by odinsgrandson »

Norse wrote:lovely stuff, both brush work and story. reminds me I have a Narnia inspired diorama to finish this winter... :roll:
Well, it is winter now (and not Christmas) so it seems like a good time...