UKTC V Feedback Thread

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Re: UKTC V Feedback Thread

Post by PeteW »

straume wrote:One thing I was uncertain on about the app: Is it possible to submit in one result at a time or do you have to wait until all is ready? (sometimes I finished early, and wanted to put in the numbers before I forgot). I never dared submit a single result in fear of messing something up :wink:
I put early results in, and the webpage seemed to be happy to remember them, even when my phone locked. You can't submit until they are all in.

Reason: ''
NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
Chinos
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Chinos »

PeteW wrote:
straume wrote:One thing I was uncertain on about the app: Is it possible to submit in one result at a time or do you have to wait until all is ready? (sometimes I finished early, and wanted to put in the numbers before I forgot). I never dared submit a single result in fear of messing something up :wink:
I put early results in, and the webpage seemed to be happy to remember them, even when my phone locked. You can't submit until they are all in.
I did exactly the same as Pete. Tapped in results when known and just locked phone.

Less social butterfly, more anti-social moth.

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

This wasn’t clear, I know. You could submit to save results — it should have only marked it as approved if all games were completed. However, I did notice that it would change the
Status text incorrectly. This will be fixed soon. In the final WC version, you will be able to save game results without approving the entire match. I even hope to set it up so that individual coaches can enter the results of their games.

Milo

Wilf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Wilf »

PeteW wrote:I would have liked to have seen Total team points be a tie-breaker during the competition.

My team of two adults and two children got roundly thumped 4-0 in the first round. We were naively expecting to be paired with a similarly inept team in round 2, but instead found ourselves facing the reigning champs, who had suffered a narrow defeat in round 1!

We eventually found our niche on the bottom table in round 3, but it would have been nicer for the kids not to have had to face a second seasoned bloodbowl pro in round 2! (I also pity Stimme and Mubo who had to crush them!!!)

During the competition I would have Overall Team W/D/L as the main swiss decider, with Total team W/L/D as the tie-breaker, and then random after that.

Actually Pete, the 'reigning champs' went 1-0-3 in round 1 so had a not dissimilar record when we played in round 2. :D

Like beer and Blood Bowl? Then the STABB Cup is for you!
shaniepoo
Party Boy

Post by shaniepoo »

I think most of the stuff has already been said.

Online results - I was very sceptical of the team capts submitting results online, but was super impressed by it. Yes there were glitches, but you get glitches in any system.

Pitches - Found it hard to see the grid around the middle of the pitch as it was very dark. That's said, the pitches looked great.

Venue - Great place, nice and spacious with good beer and a good price.

Food - This is the only down side IMO. Not being able to get a drink until the bar opened at mid day was a nightmare. I was told there was a vending machine in the next building but when I went there it was out of order... And the same in the next building. Had the cafe been open this would have been much better. However, I do understand that the venue changed and its a lot of people to cater for in a small cafe. The lunch wasn't the best and I'd have preferred to have paid less for my ticket and get food from somewhere else on campus.

Refs - Great bunch and can't fault anything.

Game length - Was much more relaxed at 2½ hrs. Had to leave before the awards due to later finish but due to train times I have to leave most events early.

Overall - Great event and hope I can go next year. :D

The Cutlery King - Winner of 6 Wooden spoons... and proud of each one! :D
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Can't believe no one has mentioned the tables!

Considering all the usual moaning about too wide or too narrow, these babies were perfect.

Brendan, can you bring them to all tournaments?

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

One word: six-ft-by-three-ft :P

Thanks all for the feedback. Some clear themes which I'll be looking at for next time. Information on that very soon.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

Thanks Brendan. Top notch, and smoothly run as usual!

* venue was great I thoought, tables and room were pretty spacious.

* As much as 2.5 hr round times are great, the late finish on the Sunday is a bit of a pain, especially with the new venue further from the station. Could we start a bit earlier on the sunday, compress lunch or go to 2hr 15 for rounds? (Not all 3 obviously!)

* Lunch, this has been mainly covered, but I just find the amount of single-use plastic (sandwich case + bottle x 160) stressful. Would a buffet be an option? Could we provide drinking water and glasses? If budget is the main concern, I'd rather have the gift (token) money spent on food I think (although I appreciate I'm likely in a minority here).

* App I think was a great innovation, and worked very smoothly.

Glicko guy.
Team England committee member