Display bases at tournaments

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

nyahoi
Experienced
Experienced

Display bases at tournaments

Post by nyahoi »

Forgive my ignorance here, but I've never been to any tournaments before, and am only currently in the process of painting my first team. From what I can gather, a number of tournaments hold 'best painted' awards, and people like to therefore make display bases to present their teams.

Since tournaments have their own rule sets, and therefore lists would naturally vary between tournaments, do people make unique bases for each specific tournament at hand? Or do their display bases tend to have empty spaces for the models they've chosen not to bring? Or perhaps they bring their entire collection of that team for judging? Or am I way off the mark, and display bases are only really used for sitting in cabinets at home? :D

Reason: ''
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Display bases at tournaments

Post by Saebelsultan »

Most people who do this make a display base for the whole team and display all their players on it, even if they don't field them during the tournament. You are judged on your painting, not on the exactness of your roster on display :wink:

And welcome to tournaments! They are heaps of fun!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
nyahoi
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Display bases at tournaments

Post by nyahoi »

Excellent! Cheers. It'l be a while yet until my team's ready to play in any, but I am very much looking forward to them!