Khorne and Bretonnians: TOs, will you include them?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Khorne and Bretonnians: TOs, will you include them?

No thanks (24 races)
21%
Just Bretonnians (25 races)
No votes
Just Khorne (25 races)
No votes
Yes I'll include both (26 races)
70%
Don't know
9%

Total votes: 47

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Khorne and Bretonnians: TOs, will you include them?

Post by sann0638 »

Sure, why not :)

In November sometime, probably.

Then it's 2 documents!

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

So we are back to the offical races +3. :D Just like the good old days!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

sann0638 wrote:To a certain extent. You probably need 3 - Icepelt, the NAF DZ2 update, plus Khorne and Brets.
And the TOs unofficial doc with the new rules (Argue the Call, etc) and Stars (Kara, the Twins, etc) that the NAF isn't allowed to print.
As you can't assume everyone has BB2016, DZ1 and DZ2.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
viyullas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by viyullas »

Darkson wrote:
sann0638 wrote:To a certain extent. You probably need 3 - Icepelt, the NAF DZ2 update, plus Khorne and Brets.
And the TOs unofficial doc with the new rules (Argue the Call, etc) and Stars (Kara, the Twins, etc) that the NAF isn't allowed to print.

That's it, most people I know is not buying GW stuff as they think is just a waste of money to but a rulebook sheet by sheet.
I think NAF should provide a rulebook (ONE) with all the rules if you want players to use that rules in tournaments. I know GW won't like that but who cares? Just change names registered by them.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

And then other people say "naf must work closer with gw". It's what makes being on naf committee such fun!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

Darkson wrote: And the TOs unofficial doc with the new rules (Argue the Call, etc) and Stars (Kara, the Twins, etc) that the NAF isn't allowed to print.
If you're gonna play the game you are required to have or at least know the rules. Otherwise you're not really playing the game?
sann0638 wrote:And then other people say "naf must work closer with gw". It's what makes being on naf committee such fun!
The problem is GW is not so close to itself. Inconsistent with the digital games, rules shattered over 3 books, multiple pdfs, an app and multiple white dwarf articles. I think this mess is just inherited from GW, not created outside it.
viyullas wrote: That's it, most people I know is not buying GW stuff as they think is just a waste of money to but a rulebook sheet by sheet.
I think NAF should provide a rulebook (ONE) with all the rules if you want players to use that rules in tournaments. I know GW won't like that but who cares? Just change names registered by them.
The owner (GW) dictates the price, so if it's not worth it, anyone is free to not buy. What you suggest here is some sort of organized copyright violation. One could expect anyone who want the rules for free to join naf and "organize" a "tournament".

viyullas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by viyullas »

I am sorry Baxx, but I don't agree with you.

I joined the NAF because it was an association of players, and kept the game alive while the official support was lacking.
What I'm suggesting is doing the same thing that was done with 9th Age when AoS came out. Keep playing the game that we like, developing the rules taking into account the interests of the community of players and not the commercial interests of a company that already left us thrown once.

I would have no problem buying a rulebook published by GW as long as it was a consistent and complete book accepted by everyone, but right now that kind of rule book is something I see very far away.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

viyullas wrote:I am sorry Baxx, but I don't agree with you.

I joined the NAF because it was an association of players, and kept the game alive while the official support was lacking.
What I'm suggesting is doing the same thing that was done with 9th Age when AoS came out. Keep playing the game that we like, developing the rules taking into account the interests of the community of players and not the commercial interests of a company that already left us thrown once.

I would have no problem buying a rulebook published by GW as long as it was a consistent and complete book accepted by everyone, but right now that kind of rule book is something I see very far away.
Sure go ahead, make some unofficial version off the previous version. Like "6th Bowl" or something. I wanna play with all the new stuff GW has released. If your fan version is any better, I may try that too.

But I don't see a valid point in arguing that player's don't want to learn new rules or pay for new rules should play the new game. If you don't want to pay or learn new rules of Blood Bowl, it's very simple. Play something else!

viyullas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by viyullas »

Baxx wrote:But I don't see a valid point in arguing that player's don't want to learn new rules or pay for new rules should play the new game. If you don't want to pay or learn new rules of Blood Bowl, it's very simple. Play something else!

I'm sorry Baxx, but that's not the point, the point is that if the NAF want's to continue sanctioning events with a set of rules, the least is to have that set of rules in ONE document that everyone can have.

Baxx
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Baxx »

viyullas wrote:
Baxx wrote:But I don't see a valid point in arguing that player's don't want to learn new rules or pay for new rules should play the new game. If you don't want to pay or learn new rules of Blood Bowl, it's very simple. Play something else!

I'm sorry Baxx, but that's not the point, the point is that if the NAF want's to continue sanctioning events with a set of rules, the least is to have that set of rules in ONE document that everyone can have.
Then they're not gonna sanction Blood Bowl but some different game/version.

I'm mainly interested in official Blood Bowl so that's not gonna interest me the most.