Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

deeferdan
Veteran
Veteran

Possible tournament in Stoke-on-Trent area next April

Post by deeferdan »

Hi all,

Hoping to gauge some interest in a possible 1 day event in the Stoke-on-Trent area, possibly Stone which is just down the road where I've found an excellent little venue at the train station which is both easily accessible and spacious

Currently planning a 1 day event with a fairly vanilla rule set, something along the lines of 1.1 and no or minimal tiering. Would aim for it to be NAF ranked and to get some prize support.

Provisional date fro this is Saturday April 21st 2018, thats 2 weeks before the NAF champs, is that too close or a nice warm up?

Do let me know if you think this would appeal. I would need to get at least 15 entrants at £10 - £15 a head to make it viable.

Reason: ''
- deeferdan -

England NC
Midlands RC
Blood Bowling nomad

Beard man's foil http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/
fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Possible tournament in Stoke-on-Trent area next April

Post by fire olli »

Interested

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

I live in Shropshire, only about an hour from Stoke, and could well be interested in this although it would depend on dates and family constraints.

Looking at your signature: These days the Midlands is less of a Blood Bowl wilderness. For example, there was the 1 day Stafford Scramble recently, there is Burmayhem Bowl in Birmingham in December and before that there is the STAR Championship which is a 4 game one day tourney held in Coalport (just outside Telford) on 11 November. It would be great to see you at STAR which is only an hour from Stoke. There is also Vault Bowl (Daventry) which I'd guess is the longest running Midlands tourney other than the NAF Championship. There are others too, further south around the Cheltenham area for example, and apologies to any other Midlands tourney that I've forgotten to mention here.

deeferdan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by deeferdan »

speedingbullet wrote:I live in Shropshire, only about an hour from Stoke, and could well be interested in this although it would depend on dates and family constraints.

Looking at your signature: These days the Midlands is less of a Blood Bowl wilderness. For example, there was the 1 day Stafford Scramble recently, there is Burmayhem Bowl in Birmingham in December and before that there is the STAR Championship which is a 4 game one day tourney held in Coalport (just outside Telford) on 11 November. It would be great to see you at STAR which is only an hour from Stoke. There is also Vault Bowl (Daventry) which I'd guess is the longest running Midlands tourney other than the NAF Championship. There are others too, further south around the Cheltenham area for example, and apologies to any other Midlands tourney that I've forgotten to mention here.
Thanks for the update on all the tournaments, I had hoped to attend the recent Stafford event but life got in the way.
As for STAR I was just about to sign up, then I realised I'd already payed up for Goo's do in Cambridge!

Hope you can make it up for this, there as been sufficient interest on various platforms today that I'm going ahead with April 21

- deeferdan -

England NC
Midlands RC
Blood Bowling nomad

Beard man's foil http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/
deeferdan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by deeferdan »

We're go with this.