Excel Spreadsheet for Running Tournaments (ExScore)

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

sphinx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sphinx »

Thanks!!! I'll try it asap :)

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Excel Spreadsheet for Running Tournaments (ExScore)

Post by sann0638 »

Getting very close to the group implementation being completed, so simulated a quick 4 nations. Well done Wales! Shame that in coding this, I realised lots of the earlier coding could have been done a lot more efficiently. Summer holidays project to change it...

I'm hoping that once I've implemented the code in Excel, it might well be able to be ported to a stand along programme, though that would require a bit of learning on my part!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
sphinx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sphinx »

Hi, I've made some different trys with the sheet it seems that work fine, the Naf result sheet looks great too. But I have a problem, I have not been able to set right tge tiebreakers, how do I mark them so the sheet takes them in care when ordering the table?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Put a 1 next to the first one, 2 next to the second one and so on. So if you want Opponent Score as first tiebreaker, put a 1 next to it.

Let me know if it doesn't work, thanks for trying it out.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
sphinx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sphinx »

Hi, that's what I thought about how it works. But when I setup that way, the Net Casualty table shows me some strange results. For a clearer show of what I'm talking about, here's the setup and table that I'm trying. Thanks for your time and patience :)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Good to know, thanks. Will have a look later this week, no time for a while!

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Just had a play, net cas wasn't working properly, you're right, thanks.

Edit - net casualties now fixed. Group results also now implemented, but not group Swiss draw yet.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
sphinx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sphinx »

Thanks for your work. I will try it again then :)

sphinx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sphinx »

Hi, I have made some checks with the sheet, all the columns are well calculated, but when the sheet orders the table, some of them doesn't work right, after checking most of the tiebreakers I realized that TD For and Opponent Score worked fine, but when you use as tiebreaker TD against, Cas For, Cas Against, Td Net and Cas Net the sheet do not order the table correctly. If you want or need some image captures or some aditional info ask for it. And thanks for everything once again

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

OK, will look into that.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

The macros are disabled on my work PC so can`t test it properly here, but will give it a swirl at home.

One note: When you do publish this on the NAF site I would urge you to leave as many fields blank as possible (just put in 2-1-0 for w/d/l). The points and bonus points that are left in the sheet would otherwise be seen as many as some sort of NAF-template.

Also: Nice work!

straume
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by straume »

Also an idea to simplify the UI (I don`t know if this is possible in Excel): First get the option of "group tournament" or "single tournament" and then after that choice you give the options needed for each afterwards. Would make the "single tournament" a bit easer to navigate in.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

straume wrote:Also an idea to simplify the UI (I don`t know if this is possible in Excel): First get the option of "group tournament" or "single tournament" and then after that choice you give the options needed for each afterwards. Would make the "single tournament" a bit easer to navigate in.
Yep, definitely. This is getting the functionality to work, then the UI should be simple after that and can be iterated a lot.

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Pretty sure it's ready for Eurobowl now, which I'm inordinately pleased about. http://www.sann0638.co.uk/exscore-ready-for-eurobowl/

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Anyone able to have a play, or use it in a tournament? http://www.sann0638.co.uk/exscore/

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler