ARBBL feedback thread

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

ARBBL feedback thread

Post by Darkson »

Looking for any feedback on the tournament just passed.

I've already looked at a few things, so here's a look at the things that will most likely be different for next year:

Necromantic move to tier 1 (so lose the game 4 skill)
High Elf move to tier 2 (so gain a extra skill in game 4)

Stunty [Cup] teams can take up to 200K in cards.

No skill stacking for the teams getting extra skills (stunties excepted).

Stunties may only take Stars that have the Stunty skill, or are Big Guys. - Decided against this.

Joker will be worth 25/10/-10 (w/d/l), and I will look into getting some actual cards, so each coach will have one with them, as I know a lot of people just plain forgot about them.

And finally.... I'll try and get a rough head count of people wanting to eat so I can book the bloody chinese! I have honestly never seen it that busy in there! :evil: :roll:

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: ARBBL feedback thread

Post by Itchen Masack »

The tournament was pretty much spot on for me, even if Lycos did violate my boys pretty hard :-)

Joker card would be awesome, I was one of those that completely forgot it. The only problem with the ARBBL is that you should be hosting an ARBBL 12 part II sometime in August/September and not be waiting an entire year to play again!

It might not show from my face (ideal for poker) but I really enjoyed playing this event and I'm hungry for more. So much so that I dont much feel like playing the online Cyanide version so much anymore :-?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

After what Lycos said about the Khemri I am surprised they didnt make an appearance, but would they need a tweek? Not that they would stand a chance against the might of Irish's Most CAS Stunty team :lol:

What will increasing the allowance for Special Play cards cause? Only one body took them and that was to supplement his Snotlings. I've allowed full card use at Exiles for all three opens now and only another snotling team and Firebreather have used them. I've got better things to spend the extra gold on for my Stunty team. The star player, bribes, chef etc.

Having a actual Joker card to wave around and remind people is a good idea. I liked the whole joker thing.

And yes, call the bloody chinesse restaurant in the afternoon after taking a count in the morning, they were not impressed when 30 peeps turned up wanting to sit together and be fed!

Itchen Masack wrote:The tournament was pretty much spot on for me, even if Lycos did violate my boys pretty hard :-)
He does that to a lot of people :)

Itchen Masack wrote:The only problem with the ARBBL is that you should be hosting an ARBBL 12 part II sometime in August/September and not be waiting an entire year to play again!
That would be the Exiles Open, in September, then :wink:
Itchen Masack wrote:It might not show from my face (ideal for poker) but I really enjoyed playing this event and I'm hungry for more.
The tourny bug has got you. In the south we have quite a few tournies in easy reach; ARBBL (Andover), Thruddball (Bognor), ACC (Southhampton), Exiles (twice) (Ringwood, nr B'mouth), Spikey (Reading), Gert Bowl (Bristol), Cake Bowl (Warminster) and that's with out looking at the actual event list.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Eski
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Eski »

Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July Gert bowl Bristol July :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.bristolvanguard.co.uk
Look Up Bristol Vanguards Gert Bowl Tournment near end of July 2012
"MB and Piling On! Rerolls need not apply!"
Eski
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Eski »

Must say when you start winning matches it's hard to play the joker card with the risk of losing it all.. If u wanted jokers to be mandatory? That would take an interesting spin at it but could ruin a players weekend.. Perhaps half points if Jokers are player after 1s half?

Skill selections were fine for me.. Stacking skills I think should for all or none.. But that's another debate.. Personnelly the last skill for the last match matters not.. And I think it should be a stacked skill for game 5 and no new skills in game 6.. But that's like me saying the world is flat..

Chinese is always a good social.. I always find it as something people need to do "the eating".. But more to do with guys catching up and having a chat.. Personnelly if I can next year.. Drink a little more and find my own food later.. But I've say that every year..

http://www.bristolvanguard.co.uk
Look Up Bristol Vanguards Gert Bowl Tournment near end of July 2012
"MB and Piling On! Rerolls need not apply!"
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

I would like to see star players available for every team. I'm not sure if there's any combinations that would tilt the balance but with such high team value it would be nice to have the option to spend some of that spare cash on puggy.
Getting trampoline trapped was fun, unexpected and painfull, I would love to see more cards. Any way to encourage that? Apart from the 200k allowance.

Loved ARBBL this year, there isn't much I would do to the skill package except what you have allready stated.
Maybe free apothecarys for human teams? I certainly needed one. :lol:

mattwhile

Post by mattwhile »

inkpwn wrote:...it would be nice to have the option to spend some of that spare cash on puggy.
You can, play 'Flings. :wink:
Darkson wrote:Stunties may only take Stars that have the Stunty skill, or are Big Guys.
Don't like this, it was nice to see Fern bring Zara. I don't think it makes 'Flings too powerful. I do like the fact stunty teams are limited to only one star.