Carnage III discussion & questions

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

I had a test match against Dan titan last night (DElfs against Norse) and he stomped me into the ground. I must seriously re-consider my strategies against Norse I guess (ok, ok, he broke armour 75% of all armour rolls but I played silly as well)

@Indigo: I sent you a pm, the paypal address you posted here isn't working...(???)

Reason: ''
Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gumbo »

Eek, dark elves are always going to struggle v those blocked up monkeys. Dont feel too bad. Im skaven *gulp*

Stu
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stu »

Anyone taking star players to this thing? I'm thinking of adding Thrud to my Chaos Dwarves, which should be good for a few laughs. And a big gamble may be the only way I can win a game.

Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

is Thrud stilll available as a star player? Ronnie seemed to think he wasn't...

Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Al the Trowel »

Gumboo wrote:Ahh yes a muddy puddle variation. I like it! Something to liven up 'The Gumbo' might be good as well. Well something to at least avoid paralysis/blindness....
Gumbo - isn't that a cajun fish dish, maybe we can elaborate in that direction.

So Vodka with Mississippi sour mash and a sprinkle of anchovy/prawn slices for flavour (angostura bitters and worcestor sauce easier to get in a pub though - I'm sure there's fish in Lee and Perrins)?

Or Vodka, Southern Comfort with a dash of tabasco for that taste of the south?

[i]No, [b]this[/b] is a trowel[/i]

[size=75]Nuffle is a Blackshirt[/size]
Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Al the Trowel »

Stu wrote:Anyone taking star players to this thing? I'm thinking of adding Thrud to my Chaos Dwarves, which should be good for a few laughs. And a big gamble may be the only way I can win a game.
I contemplated Team Luthor
Luthor - 380
1 Blitzer - 90
1 Catcher or Thrower - 70
8 Linemen - 400
2 Re-rolls - 100
1 FF

Total 1,000

More sensibly Zug could be an option for humans - more expensive but more reliable Ogre.

[i]No, [b]this[/b] is a trowel[/i]

[size=75]Nuffle is a Blackshirt[/size]
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

I'm thinking of taking my Bloodbowl roster

Luthor
Vampire
9 Thralls
2 rerolls

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce has anchovies in it.

From the Lea and Perrins site
Vital Statistics
The main ingredients involved in the making of our famous Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce (as listed on the bottle) are:

Malt Vinegar, Spirit Vinegar, Molasses, Sugar, Salt, Anchovies, Tamarinds, Shallots or Onions, Garlic, Spices and Flavouring.

The first step is to lightly crush the British onions, French garlic and Danish shallots. These are then stored and aged in barrels of malt vinegar.

Once they are sufficiently matured, they are transferred to huge vats and mixed with Spanish salted anchovies, black tamarinds from Calcutta, red hot chillies from China, cloves from Madagascar and black strap molasses from the Caribbean.

Helping other players' rankings since 2004...
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Al the Trowel wrote:
Gumboo wrote:Ahh yes a muddy puddle variation. I like it! Something to liven up 'The Gumbo' might be good as well. Well something to at least avoid paralysis/blindness....
Gumbo - isn't that a cajun fish dish, maybe we can elaborate in that direction.

So Vodka with Mississippi sour mash and a sprinkle of anchovy/prawn slices for flavour (angostura bitters and worcestor sauce easier to get in a pub though - I'm sure there's fish in Lee and Perrins)?

Or Vodka, Southern Comfort with a dash of tabasco for that taste of the south?

Yeah think its a specialty in the Southern States of the US. I, however, got the name from the football hooligan film 'I.D.', named after a retard who works in a warehouse packing pickles. Nice. But anyway, tabasco sounds good, although Southern Comfort might be a little sweet. Tequila maybe?? :o

Stu
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stu »

Gumboo wrote:is Thrud stilll available as a star player? Ronnie seemed to think he wasn't...
He's in Living Rulebook 4, so I'm pretty certain he's allowed.

Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Yeah i know. Thoguht Ronnie knew something i didnt. *kicks Ronnie*

lowsman2
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lowsman2 »

Gumboo wrote: Yeah think its a specialty in the Southern States of the US. I, however, got the name from the football hooligan film 'I.D.', named after a retard who works in a warehouse packing pickles. Nice. But anyway, tabasco sounds good, although Southern Comfort might be a little sweet. Tequila maybe?? :o
I was in that film! I was a football hooligan :lol:

Toying with using Ramtut, either in a Khemri, or in undead. You can do an ok undead side with him (Ramtut, 2 mummies, 2 ghouls, 7 zombies/skellies, 1 RR, 1FF) which would be fun. 2 Blodgers, 3 blocking mummies, and then DP......

Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Not long now - woo-hoo!!! :D
The Booksellers of Yore (necro) are ready for action! (that's not to see they'll be any cop, mind....).

Oh, and watch out for for the Mapelheim Maulers (Levinas's team). Should be up there I reckon.

See you all tomorrow,

Cheers

Leip :lol: :o :lol:

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Buster Spleen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Buster Spleen »

hoomin_erra wrote:
Buster Spleen wrote:Have fun this year guys. Can't make it - apparently wives are allowed to go away for weekends with the girls.

Only once they have cleared with husbands that it doesn't clash with a BB weekend!!!

Didn't you read the small print?
Yeah - she booked it before I knew when Carnage was on. I think it's worth 2 BB tournies....but as you have to spend all your brownie points in one go, so Amsterdam might be better........ :evil:

Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

Gumboo wrote: The Geggster: 'Pint of shandy' ('hey listen i've got work in the morning')

Indigo Suprise: 'Vodka and Ginger Beer' (6 of these and he'll still beat you)

The Titan Dan: 'Diamond white / Stella Artois Snakebite and whisky chaser' (just wait for his rolls to go wrong. Waaaaaaaargh!)

The JJB: 'Creme de Menthe/baileys with a cherry on top' (dare you cherry pick!)

The Gumbo: 'Vodka' (...aaaand death)!
That's fightin' talk, Leo.

Funny, though. Top marks.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.