A'24h.of BB Tournament (22/23 July, Amersfoort, NL)

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Jelmer
The Death of Toads

Post by Jelmer »

Indeed we are :) wanna join us?

Reason: ''
Most Toads Killed @ Colleges of Magic Cup 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10,
3rd @ NAF World Cup II
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

come on ramz .. training in sleepless nights for over about 2 months :D

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

sorry lads.. I'm playing a small tourney on Sunday, so need my brain to be at least 30% available.. i.e. as much as always! :oops:

luckily for me El Condor is also playing in that small tourney.. so one less opponent for me to worry about.. :P :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
El Condor
Presumed extinct

Post by El Condor »

Norse wrote:
so one less opponent for me to worry about..
I'm a seasoned non-sleeper . this whole thing will be as easy as letting the dog out. So if I were you I should worry a lot. :roll: :roll:

No 1 can beat me!
Gorbad
Disco Purist

Post by Gorbad »

El Condor wrote:Norse wrote:
so one less opponent for me to worry about..
I'm a seasoned non-sleeper . this whole thing will be as easy as letting the dog out. So if I were you I should worry a lot. :roll: :roll:
Err... IIRC you don't _have_ a dog ;)

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

aaawww this was cool ..

I'm still dazed and will give match reports later but I had an incredible time.

In the end we played 11 matches (we played everybody once)

I ended up winning 7, drawing 2 and losing 2 (one loss should have been a draw or more but alas) and finished 2nd just behind El Condor.

jeez I'm tired

El Condor
Presumed extinct

Post by El Condor »

I wanna thank everybody for the fun and joy I had playing against them. I can't remember much of what happened but I won they told me and that's all I need to remember. :wink:

Till next year. :D

No 1 can beat me!
benji
Rookie
Rookie

Post by benji »

woehoe we made again 24 hours of bb fun and fun it was hopping nest year more coaches from other leageus will join us in our madness

You made a big mistake
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

OK .. here we go.

I played Khemri, 4 mummies, 1 blitzra, 3 RR, 8 skellies

First round was vs Juke, humans.
He had Zug AND and Ogre, 1 catcher, 1 thrower, 3 blitzers and some lino's ..

I killed Zug in turn two and got rid of the Ogre somewhere in the second half. I do not recall why but I didn't score after recieving in the first half. He had 7 or so players left for the second so I put up a lot of pressure and he had to make a long pass, over my mummy who intercepted and then needed about 5 GFI's to score.

1-0 start, me happy and sure hands on my Blitzra

second round, El Condor and his skaven.
4 GR, 2 SV, 1 Thrower and some lino's

He scored, I scored but no players off after the first half .. oh oh
He stole my ball, scored and I scored the equalizer somewhere in the end with him haveing only a few players left, as it should be ;-)
Marco did get away with an awfull lot of dodgeing, his first turn was I think about 20+ die rolls and he rolled only one '1' with a dodge RR .. Snake Eyes did happen later on tho'

2-2, DP on a skell

Third Round, Wouter with dwarves. I think he finished 2nd on M@hobbit this year ..

I recieved and broke through, in turn 6 I was ready to score, only he got a TZ on my blitzra with ball. I blitzed with a skell, rolled double both down where I needed a push ..
Second half he allmost broke through on the side, I wanted to pin him for sure, and rolled snake eyes on a GFI ..

lost 1-0, 4 cas against, 2 on mummies and no regen rolls made ..yet ..

Kick on a skellie

fourth round, Peter (miloquaser) with his 'flings ..
Took deeproot out somewhere in turn 3 and continued KO-ing him.
Scored in turn 8 but all his flings but one came back, he OTT'd me. In the second half he failed to land when trying to score, I got the ball, he got it back but failed the GFI for the scoring pass, I retrieved again, and scored after kicking off some more 'flings.

Block on a Mummy .. yessss

I was ranked 5th I think now, expectable after these results.

Next was tom (thomo) with his orcs.
He had a chainsaw who got a mummy early on but after he scored I got the ref and fouled him out. 1-1 at halftime and with 4 orcs left on the pitch I scored in my turn 6. Stopped him from scoring and another victory.

DP on a skellie

Now came Marc, with the one team I slightly dreaded .. lizzies.
After 1-1 at half time I kicked to him. When he failed a dodge I pinned his guys, and he subsequently failed another dodge, with his ball carrier. I got to the ball but it was a mess of saurii and other nasty things. He got to the ball carrier and the ball scattered to a mummy who in the end scored .. I caused only one cas but KO-ed a lot of guys ..

By this time MArco drew .. dunno against who and I was in teh lead with one point advantage above him.

block on a mummie again .. I think

Johan had a weird team. Zarrg, H'tark and 10 hobbo's .. with DP mostly ..
He hail maried the ball to htark who didn't catch it. I secured the nil and scored in the second half. It was not much of a game due to the weird team setup and the fact that I got rid of h'tark in turn 5 .. did 4 cas ..

Next was Jort, who was ranked 4th at that time with his dwarves.
His first 6 rolls were one, for weather, the toss and four Thick Skull rolls in two turns. I scored late in the half, Couldn't stop him in second but scored easily as he was missing a lot of players by this time.

Still in the lead.

Next was benji, now ranked 4 or 3 with amazonds. Only 3 didn't have blodge, 3x guard

I caused 4 cas in two turns, and caused some more later on. He managed to score the equalizer with only 5 'zons left .. that's a pity but I won in the end, no probs after that head start.

MArco won as well

After breakfast there was Davey, who got very despirited so Weerdo took his place.

His Norse scored in turn 4, but I failed to pick up the ball in the next 4 turns, so no score. I scored in turn 4 of the second half wanting to win. I did, also got the ball but got bogged down by his norse and the 5+pass, 4+ catch gfi, gfi failed on the very first pass obviously.

bummer .. marco was now one point in the lead.

Last match Jelmer with skaven.

Weird match .. I rolled 11's etc for AV, but no cas int he first half, or injuries in fact ..
he stopped me from scoring by some insane dodgeing AND the fact that he still had a lot of players left. I scored in turn 6 second half hopeing to stop him and score but it was not to be .. a deserved loss here.

MArco also won his last match and was crowned victor .. rightfully so as he didn't lose a single match.

Well done guys !! I had a lot of fun

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

hmm foirgot to mention the agile dwarves and khemri elves when playing Jort :lol:

Weerdo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Weerdo »

I've only played 2 matches (replacing Davey) at the end of the day.

The match against dave went quite well, i've managed to score at turn 4 first half, and was able to keep him from scoring in the rest of the first half. The second half, I wasn't able to keep him from scoring once: 1-1 (2-2 in cas)

The last match against Jort's dwarves will be remembered by a VERY biassed ref, a extreme violent dirty player (every foul succeded in the first half, argue the call succeded TWICE) which resulted in a barbeque-match (roll over players, end of turn). Lost 0-3 (0-2 cas)

"There are only clear pows on those dices"