Alberta Open, Sept 3, 4, 2005

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

DesTroy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DesTroy »

I PMd you with more chat on that, Toppy! I do appreciate the offer!

Reason: ''
---troy
[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img] [b]NBA Novice Heretic[/b]
As renowned bard Bruce Slannstein said, "Blind faith - in anyone or anything - will get your ogre killed."
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

How come none of you Calgary guys are registering yet? There's no show up and resgister on the day as we only have a certain amount of space so everyone must pre-register.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I will make an offer to anyone who wants to come from outside Alberta to attend this toureny. If you are thinking of not coming because of the expense, but do wish to attend, I'll make the offer of letting one person stay at my place and crash on my couch, won't provide meals, you'll have to take care of that yourself, but at least cutting out the hotel expenses will help. The first non-Albertan to pre-register and contact me about crashing at my place will get the offer.

GO STAMPEDERS!
AbBBA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AbBBA »

Hey Torg,

I have begun promoting your tournament to my league. The AbBBA board executive (6 members including myself) are planning to attend but most are waiting to see what their personal and/or business schedules before we send in our pre-registration. I will most likely not know my own schedule until late July (I’m sure that the other are in similar boats).

Just keeping you in the loop.

Man - Running things forever sucks.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Thanks, appreciate it.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

bump!

This tourney is only a little over a month away, please pre-register if you want to attend.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

A bit of an update;

Prizes from Hasslefree and Shadowforge are on their way and I'll be picking up some minis from CyberHare during GenCon, I'll probably be getting a signed copy of the BB novel at the GenCon for a prize as well.

There may also be a limited edition fig for a giveaway for those who play all their games.

Lots of prizes and lots of fun, so don't wait and sign up now. :wink: :wink:

GO STAMPEDERS!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

There will probably be some changes to the schedule, like one more game added on Sunday and the pre-registration rule can be relaxed for those coming from out of town as long as I know you will be definately coming, so let me know soon.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

This is next weekend, so if anyone decides to come on a spur of the moment decission, let me know. :wink:
And like I said, you can register at the tourney on Saturday, you don't have to preregister (kinda too late for that now).

GO STAMPEDERS!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Well, wont be long until I'm off to the store to set up for the tourney. Quite disappointed in the lack of local support, other than me, only two others that played in the club BB league will be there (that I know of), and one of them is my nephew anyway, so he was going to come no matter what.
From what I've gathered from who I talked to, not as many people from Edmonton as I hoped (only one showing up that I know of), and not sure if any people from Calgary will be showing up at all (but from the last time I talked with anyone down there only 3 were interested, see whether they show up or not).
In total, of all who I know are going to be there, only six (that would include me)....maybe 8 if people from Calgary show up.
Da Scum from Toronto is going to be here, might be the only thing that keeps the store owner from cancelling the tourney all together. I doubt that there will be another one next year.

GO STAMPEDERS!
AbBBA
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AbBBA »

Torg,

I really tried to get out of family obligations during the Labour day weekend. It just was not meant to be. For that I'm sorry as I would have love to actually play in a tournament and meet up with some of the others.

At last count there were 3 AbBBA members planning on attending as of last weekend. On behalf of AbBBA I wish you the very best in this tournament and hope that you will not give-up on hosting one next year. (The first year is always the hardest!!)

All the best

Man - Running things forever sucks.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Unfortunately the 3 people from Calgary never showed, we did get 4 from Red Deer and 2 from Edmonton, for a grand total of 6 players. :roll: I was hoping for an odd number of people so I could've played as well, but no such luck. Those who came had a fun time. Next year (if there is one next year), will probably be held around the end of Sept or first week of Oct. I'll try to get pics up, but running out of hosting pace.

GO STAMPEDERS!
DesTroy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DesTroy »

Sorry I couldn't be there, Torg, I would have loved to. But lack of cash, plus the fact my video camera job at the racetrack started again this weekend, pretty much sealed my fate.

Hopefully those who were there had fun! :D

---troy
[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img] [b]NBA Novice Heretic[/b]
As renowned bard Bruce Slannstein said, "Blind faith - in anyone or anything - will get your ogre killed."
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Sorry about that bro. Holiday weekend in the US, last weekend of summer vacation for schools, gas prices. Man, the stars were really lined up against you on this one. Change the date and try again next year.

Have fun!
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

I'm sorry to hear it man. Next year!

http://www.impactminiatures.com